[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it kino? What is the real meaning or ethos behind this film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Was it kino?

What is the real meaning or ethos behind this film?
>>
>>87192075
>meaning or ethos
It's a true story, it doesn't have a moral
>>
i think it was trying to say in the end everyone wants to be a filthy rich asshole.
>>
>>87192165
There's a bigger meaning behind the whole story, let me finish the movie but jesus there is something else here that is important and can't be changed....
>>
This movie is meaningless, desu. Its played off like a comedy... its basically an R rated comedy
>>
Think about the bigger picture of the movie, this one guy and what he achieved ended up providing wealth and life to many people who could afford to live for their families. They had a job because of what he did and these people actually ended up having kids who in the future might have actually went on to a promising career as well.....

This guy grew industries and grew businesses all over the US. Amazing movie, but desu fuck the story about him wasting money think about what he did to help others..........
>>
>>87192075
>>87192138
>>87192202
>>87192351
>>87192497

You're all retarded - the name of the film gives it away.

When money is at steak, people act like animals, and when huge amounts of money are at steak, people become animals.

The problem was leo didn't really play up the 'wolf' part or the role, coming off as more of a nicey guy despite all the horrible shit he did, which is why the only thing people got from this movie was 'dude drugs and money lmao'
>>
>>87192075
Its not really about greed, thats a pleb tier interpretation.

Its actually about the fact that he and his associates have no fucking idea what they are doing for the most part, are utterly out of control, they are themselves shocked at how much money they are making and that this doesn't change between the penny stock boiler room and their later 'respectable' incarnation.

Its saying the emperor has no clothes, its all a con, which we know from 2008 is true.
>>
>>87192075
>What is the real meaning or ethos behind this film?
The everyone wants to be Belfort but only a select few have the lack of moral resistance or ambition to achieve it. Pretty much Scorcese throwing in the towel for having any hope for humanity.
>>
>>87193129
this

that's why multiple time he basically says they're making so much fucking money for doing almost nothing
>>
>>87193507
>>
>>87192955
>at steak
>>
>>87192075
It was badly acted. The editing was terrible. Movie was waaaaay too long. Complete lack of basic storytelling fundamentals. I think they just thought that it would be propped up by some slick production, Leo's acting and the spectacle of all the shit that guy did. Well they were totally wrong and shocker of all shockers it really sucked.
>>
Its like that guy made a bunch of people into suckers for buying his penny stocks and then he made even more people into suckers by getting them to buy a book and see a movie about his life which NOBODY should even give a shit about.
>>
>>87194709
but you are in the extreme minority with these criticisms

i found the pace to be fantastic for such a length. the movie flies by its runtime
>>
>>87194709
I agree, and I really couldn't understand why so many people praised it when it was at the theaters, if I could describe the movie with one word it would be 'shallow'
>>
File: 1490141182052.png (251KB, 1313x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1490141182052.png
251KB, 1313x1248px
>>87194533
>fbi acting on behalf of the state in order to prevent voluntary transactions is a good thing

fuck pigs
>>
>>87195022
yeah, he's basically a tragic villain. he's a servant to the state, with no real moral character of his own. he doesn't like his job much, but he's the type to just accept things exactly the way they are.
>>
>>87194964
I cannot tell you much I fucking hate being made into a sucker. And that is exactly what this movie does. I don't give a fuck about this Jordan Belafort or whatever his name is. Ive got my own stuff going on ok I don't need to live vicariously through that fucking asshole.

And there is this point in the movie, where they pay the secretary to get her head shaved, and its just like this display of depravity. How this woman would lower herself just for money. Ok great story telling Scorcese. Heres the thing though. In the scene, they really shaved that woman's head. And Im pretty sure she was payed to sit there and let them do that. Was that the plan there? To be JUST like Jordan Belefort or Belefont or whatever the fuck? And did I really just pay to see a woman get paid to get her head shaved? You fucking made me into a sucker Scorsese. Fuck you, you hack. It puts such a sour taste in my mouth for all his movies too. Was all the sex and drugs and violence in his movies just to sucker us into forking over 10 sheckels? Maybe
>>
>>87192075
Great direction, classic Scorsese, but overall shallow. Might be the last "Scorsese" film we get though.
>>
>>87195433
Idk what you expected. Scorsese was never a deep filmmaker. Next you're going to be mad at Tarantino for not changing your entire existential view of the universe with a movie.
>>
It's one of my favorite movies just because it's so damn fun to watch. Leonard o deserved a best actor award for this shit.
>>
no it's garbage, Leo whined and begged until Scorsese made something of no value
>>
File: Boiler Room.png (103KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Boiler Room.png
103KB, 640x360px
the same movie but 10x better
>>
>>87192075
Boring ass movie that was more of an advert for Scorsese hallmarks than actual depth or qualyety.

>Heres Leo monologuing to the camera as it tracks back and the rollng stones plays in the background
>Heres a sequence in extreme slow motion with rolling stones in the background as leo monologues
>Heres a whole bunch of swears becuase this is a mature film for mature film watchers

Only good part was when he OD'd on the ludes and had to drive home. Also fuck Jonah Hill, Hopefully Marty gets back on his game for the Irishman and Batman
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.