[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anglo-Saxons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 9

Are there any good Anglo-Saxon films? Like 800-1066 Britain?
>>
File: Norman.jpg (100KB, 333x491px) Image search: [Google]
Norman.jpg
100KB, 333x491px
>>87188015
OUTTA MY WAY ANGLO FUCKING SHITS
>>
>>>/wsr/
And since we all already know what direction this is going to go...

>>>/pol/
>>
here comes the germanic diversity train...
>>
File: Millie Brady the Last Kingdom.jpg (1MB, 2858x4282px) Image search: [Google]
Millie Brady the Last Kingdom.jpg
1MB, 2858x4282px
>>87188015
There's the Last Kingdom television series which is pretty good. It currently has 2 series so far.
>>
Anglos were cucks and were raped into submission by the nords
>>
File: ouch.jpg (22KB, 160x258px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
22KB, 160x258px
>>87188086
REEE NORMANS LEAVE
>>
>>87188015
alfred the great (1969)
>>
File: stamford-bridge-bjorn.jpg (56KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
stamford-bridge-bjorn.jpg
56KB, 640x428px
>>87188086

If Harold Godwinson hadn't been forced to march 300 miles north and back to slap down Harald Hardrada, he might have won.

I'd like to see a film based on Hardrada's life, guy was probably the last true Viking, went far east too before returning.
>>
>>87188169

Vikings were Nordic.

Anglo-Saxons were nordic German/Danish settlers.

Normans were Vikings paid off by the Franks to settle and protect their northern coast from other Vikings. They never settled en masse though, they just replaced the nobility.

Basically it was just three different waves of invaders. As a modern Brit there's no side to "root for" and the whole period is fascinating.
>>
GTFO OFF MY ISLAND
>>
File: Centurion - Etain.jpg (896KB, 3000x1993px) Image search: [Google]
Centurion - Etain.jpg
896KB, 3000x1993px
>>87188402
Centurion underrated gory Roman Britain film.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>According to Snorri Sturluson, before the battle a single man rode up alone to Harald Hardrada and Tostig. He gave no name, but spoke to Tostig, offering the return of his earldom if he would turn against Hardrada. Tostig asked what his brother Harold would be willing to give Hardrada for his trouble. The rider replied "Seven feet of English ground, as he is taller than other men." Then he rode back to the Saxon host. Hardrada was impressed by the rider's boldness, and asked Tostig who he was. Tostig replied that the rider was Harold Godwinson himself.[22] According to Henry of Huntingdon, Harold said "Six feet of ground or as much more as he needs, as he is taller than most men."
>>
>>87188720
Manlets BTFO
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.