[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they kill off Doyle only 9 episodes into Angel S1? He

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: doyle.jpg (30KB, 230x330px) Image search: [Google]
doyle.jpg
30KB, 230x330px
Why did they kill off Doyle only 9 episodes into Angel S1? He was the best character
>>
>>87179973
Too soon
>>
Because Whedon is a hack.
>>
>>87179973
Wasn't the actor a junkie? Maybe that made him hard to work with and they just said "fuck it, let's grt rid of him."
>>
Daily reminder that Lorne died of AIDS and it was covered up and also on a tangent, Mark Frankel was literally murdered to maintain the Masquerade irl. Carry on.
>>
>>87180089
Heroin overdose. He fired himself from life.
Also, wrong kid died.
>>
>>87179973
Wes was better, tbqh.
>>
>>87179973

I watched Angel on DVD with my girlfriend at the time, I really liked it up until it got really fucking weird in season 4 or 5 or whatever.

> Angel has a son
> Gets kidnapped to some alternate dimension
> Comes back and is now like 14 years old
> Muh edgy teenager
> Cordelia fucks him
> Can't remember what else happens

The muppet episode will always be comedy gold, though
>>
Why did they kill off Lieutenant Yar in the first season of TNG?

Did she commit a commie crime by copulating and crushing on that cool cybernetic cat they call Data?
>>
>>87181692
>> Can't remember what else happens
Cordelia gives birth to an ancient evil that literally starts mindcontrolling the entire Earth and only Fred remains sane and she finds out a way to cancel the mind control so she saves Angel and Wes and Gunn and Angel goes to an aliendemon planet where he finds out the ancient evil's true name that can be used to defeat her.
Season 4 was a garbage fire.
>>
>>87181692
>Buffy suddenly has a new underage sister
>Angel suddenly has a new underage son
>Caroline suddenly has a new underage body
It's a recurring theme and I really wish someone would investigate Whedon
>>
>>87181807
>implying there was anything wrong with Dawn
>>
File: 1474593038154.jpg (401KB, 1657x932px) Image search: [Google]
1474593038154.jpg
401KB, 1657x932px
>>87181753

The actress was upset because the show didn't "do anything interesting" with her character, so she bailed in an attempt to try and get more "serious" work.

Back in the late 80s when TNG launched there was a stigma in Hollywood about A.) Working in TV and B.) Working in sci-fi. A lot of people thought that TNG was going to fail and fail hard (especially after the uneven first season), and that it would end up being a black stain on the resumes of the actors involved.

Yar jumped ship and immediately afterward TNG went into season 2 and had a significant jump in quality, the ratings went up, and the series went on to be a huge success for everyone involved, and the actress ended up doing a few low end parts and some b movies I think and is now borderline entirely forgotten outside of Trek conventions.

Just goes to show that sometimes you gotta stick things out because you never know how a thing is gonna go.
>>
File: 1409686038845.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1409686038845.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
>>87179973
>Why did they kill off Doyle

Heroin addiction forced their hands. He couldn't function anymore or be counted on to film.

He died of a overdose soon after.

sad
>>
>>87179973
Didn't he die?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.