[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why /tv/ hates Rick and Morty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

File: images (2).jpg (39KB, 446x330px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
39KB, 446x330px
/tv/ hates Rick and Morty because it triggers them because it reminds them of themselves. They dont like realizing they are as edgy as the characters and that being a rebellious teen atheist is actually cringe as hell. They also dont like realizing the truth that nihilism isnt actually unique and original as they like to think it is. So they make fun of the show in a desperate attempt to convince themselves they are better and to once again feel like special little snowflakes and different from everybody else.

>tl;dr: /tv/ browsers are literally rick and morty and they hate being reminded of how much they hate themselves
>>
/tv/ hates Rick and Morty because they idolize Rick, but are actually Jerry themselves.
>>
What doth life?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsuSTYlvNRY
>>
File: reddit.jpg (35KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
reddit.jpg
35KB, 618x412px
I don't watch the show.
I just hate the disgusting fatass that created it.
>>
>>87173932
Hit the nail on the head.

There are also people who hate Rick because he's a super intelligent chad so they desperately try to be 'above' him by bashing the reddit strawman, claiming they're Christian when they've probably not been to church for years now, etc., not realizing his character is meant to lead a miserable and lonely life.

/tv/'s insecurities have only just grown since the last election, and so will its irrational hatred of popular things. At this point you might as well come to accept it and laugh at the peanut gallery, pointing it out to apes won't do anything.
>>
>>87173932
There are a lot of reddit illegal aliens in here trying to deny what they are. Those guys will bash on Rick and Morty while circlejerking around Bojack Horseman other normie shit like Suits.
>>
>>87173932
Cringe post OP, also completely wrong
>>
>>87176396
>rick is a chad
jesus christ, people just stick this descriptor on anyone nowadays for literally no reason
>>
File: 1504211238785m.jpg (90KB, 1024x538px) Image search: [Google]
1504211238785m.jpg
90KB, 1024x538px
>>
>>87173932
It's like 20% that yeah but it's also because it's reddit as fuck. Basically it's appealing to reddit because it's basically watered down 4chan which pretty much sums up the relationship between the two websites.
>>
tv hates Rick and Morty because the norm is to like Rick and Morty and people think 4chan is the place to be contrarian faggots.
>>
>>87176549
What show is the Chad representing?
>>
>>87176396
>he's a super intelligent chad
>his character is meant to lead a miserable and lonely life.

Are R&Mfags this retarded?
>>
>>87176396

>There are also people who hate Rick because he's a super intelligent chad so they desperately try to be 'above' him by bashing the reddit strawman, claiming they're Christian when they've probably not been to church for years now, etc., not realizing his character is meant to lead a miserable and lonely life.

guys we need a bigger projector, also

>edgy version of Doc Brown
>chad

>>87176744
Xavier: renegard angel

>>87176625
the best answer if have read in years
>>
I would like to address the 'god's not real Morty' line you fags always argue about.
Since in R&M there are infinite universes there is an infinite possibility that one has a god, Rick c-137 probably made some kind of experiment in that dimension that confirmed c-137 has no god but when he hops into another he acknowledges the existence of one by praying to one
>>
>>87176499
He acts like a chad, dude. Confrontational, doesn't really give a shit about women yet he picks up a ton (the first episode has him fucking a shitload of alien women instead of helping his grandson), and look no further than the tiny rick episode where he becomes the most popular kid in the school.

Even in the new episode, the first thing he says is fuck off to a bunch of hot teenage girls to go on a mission to destroy a bunch of evil aliens. /tv/ wishes they could do shit like that. They idealize it. He may not be the textbook definition but he has all the mannerisms and the worship of bitter virgins who try to emulate him to get girls.
>>
>>87176756
Well yeah, he's not exactly happy that everything around him suffers mostly because of him. Guy's not a 1 dimensional character.

>>87176848
>projector
how am I projecting? Do you know what that means?
>>
>>87176860
>there is an infinite possibility that one has a god
What makes you think that?
>>
>>87173932
Never seen it and have never heard it mentioned outside of 4chan but I hate it because it's obviously being shilled here by some advertising firm

It's obvious when things are being shilled here
>>
>>87176948

by projecting your inner insecurities on all other people on /tv/
>>
>>87176993
It's a multiverse, meaning there are an infinite amount of universes one is bound to have a god or a god-like entity
>>
>>87177050
Okay so you know what it means, but what part of my post was projecting my inner insecurities?
>>
>>87177029
It's true, the creators always get super butthurt when people insult the show
The show creates forced memes as an advertisement campaign, like with the McDonald's sauce thing
>>
>>87176948
If he was a chad as it was claimed, he wouldn't give a fuck.
>Guy's not a 1 dimensional character.
His character's "deepness" is elementary, at most.
>>
>>87177029
t. NEET permavirgin
go outside sometime and get some friends, then you'll hear about it
>>
>>87176114
Who's this obese neckbeard?
>>
>>87177112
t. butthurt fat ass creator of the show
Go kill some more kids with your (((mcdonalds))) shilling, faggot
>>
>>87177099
it's gotten really obvious how advertisers have specifically began targeting 4chan in general and /tv/ in particular for shilling. GOT and Star Wars. The Ricky and Morty threads always have the same type of posts, "You know it's actually a good show." or "Was skeptical but it's actually really funny."

the kremlin also definitely had a massive pro-Orthodoxy campaign on /pol/ and /his/ last year
>>
>>87177109
Chads aren't emotionless, faggot. Most of them feel bad for the little guy and want to help them out but only end up making shit worse. That's what the cliche is.

Have you never been to work or school? Do you genuinely not know how stereotypes actually play out?
>>
>>87177112
I can assure you that I've a good social life and wide social circle and never hear people talking about this cartoon
>>
>>87177156
I will, buddy

Enjoy your tendies tonight, I'll ask your mom to make you extra after I fill her up with my szechuan sauce :^)
>>
>>87177252
I can assure you that no one with a good social life says 'I can assure you' unironically
>>
>>87177212
>Chads aren't emotionless, faggot. Most of them feel bad for the little guy and want to help them out but only end up making shit worse.
Do you even know what a chad is?
>>
>>87176848
>Xavier: renegard angel

Thanks
>>
>"this Rick guy is so cringe and reddit"
>proceed to post in the exact same way rick does
>>
>>87177123
Dan Harmon, the man you should thank for all the Rick and Morty spam.
>>
>>87177368
why do people criticizing some cartoon or simply stating disinterest in it hurt you so much?
>>
>>87173932
It's not just /tv/. /co/ and even based /pol/ hate it.
>>
>>87176114
He's looks so fedora he doesn't even need a fedora
>>
>>87177540
/r9k/ and even /b/ as well
>>
File: 10642559.gif (2MB, 495x287px) Image search: [Google]
10642559.gif
2MB, 495x287px
>>87177540
>"based /pol/"
>>
>>87174010
>haters are l e j e r r y s am I right XD
>still trying to force that meme in every r*ddit ad forty thread you spam
>>
>>87177765
Yes, Dan you worthless slab, we know you hate /pol/.
>>
First 4 seasons of family guy > rick and morty
way more masculine humour
>>
File: keksimus.png (332KB, 596x628px) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.png
332KB, 596x628px
>>87176114
>people like him ITT have the nerve to call others neckbeards
>>
the shows so darn pretentious
can't stand it, feels cringey even watching it
>>
where can I watch dan harmons show with ego raptor, ''good game'' for free
I'm on a super tight budget right now
>>
It's a decent show. Funny sometimes. But that's it.

/tv/ hates it because reddit goes about the ''philosophy'' of it like it's so deep and shit, man. "life is pointless morty lol *burp*"

the characters are shallow, some ideas are stupid, but it doesn't matter, because it's just a funny cartoon, nothing else
>>
>>87178337
>that reddit spacing
Nice try, Dan
>>
File: 1430883379000.jpg (12KB, 265x265px) Image search: [Google]
1430883379000.jpg
12KB, 265x265px
>>87173932
Why is 4chan so extremely triggered by the "God isn't real" line from one or two episodes? Is /co/ and /tv/ full of Christians or is it an Alt-Right thing?
>>
>>87178597
>/co/mblr
>alt right
lol
>>
>>87173932
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhpkLe8kdcE

how could anybody hate PICKLE RIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
>>
>>87178597
>4chan must be filled with muh internet boogeymen
>that's why they don't like my shit show
>>
File: 1398645593456.png (18KB, 455x355px) Image search: [Google]
1398645593456.png
18KB, 455x355px
>>87178621
>>87179005
I don't see an answer to my question.
>>
>>87179269
>implying you are worthy to be taken seriously
>>
>>87173932
I hate it because I keep seeing this shit everyfuckingwhere.
You know that top 40 song that isn't really bad but starts eating away at your soul eventually because you hear it 5 times a day at work? That's pretty much the same thing.
>>
>>87173932
Reddits mouth breathing fag culture of one upping one another and quirky comment chains goes perfect with the show, along with the shows quality dropping immensely from the last season.

I'm also contrarian with a bit of secret club faggotry so once things get super popular they become shit to me. On top of that it catches on with the normies and they give "feedback" which overpowers most original fans and the show ends up taking a different direction and pandering to more retards, losing it's charm.
>>
>>87173932
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid.
>>
>>87180286
>I'm a faggot
>people should listen to my opinions
Pick one and only one, my man.
>>
File: r&mbtfo.jpg (215KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
r&mbtfo.jpg
215KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>87180646
Would you rather me be honest or a fuckin annoying asshole who claims he's right and there's nothing that can prove me wrong?
>>
>>87179441
>top 40 song that isn't really bad but starts eating away at your sou
If one hear Desposito one more time I'm going to kill someone
>>
>>87181050
You're not being honest, you're sharing your opinion.

And you're acting like no one can prove you wrong anyway. Why add that you're a contrarian with a sekrit club mentality?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.