[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

James Cameron triggers Wonder Woman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: James_Cameron.jpg (332KB, 1594x1064px) Image search: [Google]
James_Cameron.jpg
332KB, 1594x1064px
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/24/james-cameron-well-never-be-able-to-reproduce-the-shock-of-terminator-2

Your thoughts, /tv/?
>>
>>87172525
And here's everyone else getting triggered.

http://variety.com/2017/film/opinion/james-cameron-shame-on-you-wonder-woman-patty-jenkins-1202542934/
http://screenrant.com/why-james-cameron-is-wrong-about-wonder-woman/
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/25/patty-jenkins-hits-back-at-james-cameron-criticism-of-wonder-woman
>>
wont click them
>>
>>87172525

pastebin or greentext his quote or fuck off
>>
>>87172764

If you insist.

“All of the self-congratulatory back-patting Hollywood’s been doing over Wonder Woman has been so misguided. She’s an objectified icon, and it’s just male Hollywood doing the same old thing! I’m not saying I didn’t like the movie but, to me, it’s a step backwards. Sarah Connor was not a beauty icon. She was strong, she was troubled, she was a terrible mother, and she earned the respect of the audience through pure grit. And to me, [the benefit of characters like Sarah] is so obvious. I mean, half the audience is female!”
>>
James Cameron is correct that it's a mistake for Hollywood directors to portray "strong women" as just guys with tits. Cameron does a good job in his films of portraying strong female characters that actually behave like women in real life.

Where he goes wrong is in assuming that making a character beautiful and sexy (like Wonder Woman) ultimately makes them less strong and powerful. Two things can be true at the same time. You can be beautiful and comfortable with your body, and also have a strong character.

Also, I think it's pretty and dumb for Patty Jenkins to pull the "you can't have an opinion on X because you are not a [insert identity]". I hate that shit.
>>
>>87172525
Cameron's now wrong, but he kind of misses the point. The Wonder Woman movie was a female wish fulfillment fantasy. She's a strong smart lady who don't need no man, but she's also super hot and gets to bone the handsome war hero Chad, who then has the decency to die so she'll never have to worry about him fucking other women.
>>
>>87172993
>Cameron's now wrong
Not wrong I mean.
>>
File: DICzihOXcAAwEWs.jpg-large.jpg (148KB, 780x706px) Image search: [Google]
DICzihOXcAAwEWs.jpg-large.jpg
148KB, 780x706px
Here's Patty's response on Twitter.

Also >my film Monster, and our portrayal of a strong yet damaged woman

So a MURDERER/SERIAL KILLER is """strong""" now? Okay.

I've got no problem with women directing good movies, I mean look at American Psycho.

Also the problem with women on-screen looking attractive on-screen is because that's the Hollywood standard, nowadays actors and actresses have to be "camera ready" when they're on big budget mainstream blockbusters like superhero flicks. With films like Aliens, The Abyss, and The Terminator, that wasn't such a big deal back then.
>>
>>87172993
>She's a strong smart lady who don't need no man

This is actually a problem because she'd probably come off as egocentric because "she can handle stuff on her own with no problem", she needs a helping hand because of a little thing called "teamwork", Chris Pine's character had to think of a plan to take down the german sniper in the bell tower and used Diana as a weapon in that plan.

Also kek if you think she could handle the demigod supervillain AND destroy that aircraft full of poison on her own.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.