[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one who didn't hate this film's guts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: C8Q_gC_VwAAV561.jpg (2MB, 4096x1895px) Image search: [Google]
C8Q_gC_VwAAV561.jpg
2MB, 4096x1895px
It was pretty competent IMHO, about what you would expect from a guy ritchie film.
Yes the mannierisms and wardrobe are competely out of place but what did you expect? it's guy ritchie! it was pretty tasteful methinks and i didn't regret going to the cinema to watch it.
that said, you stand free to rip me a new one
unleash the dogs of war, release the kraken and all that jazz
>>
>>87167538
It's "let slip the dogs of war" you turbopleb
>>
>>87167538
It was fun enough. Not perfect, far from it, but fun. Fight me.
>>
>>87167538
I liked it. But Giant-Snake-machine was a bit over,
>>
>>87168254
OP here

Right? i especially thought both the soundtrack and how it was implemented with the cinematography were masterful.
Character design and costumes also, while horrificly out of place and overly confused (weird mix of greek and roman ancient historical motives with medieval normand and rennaisance germanic blended together with a spice of middle eastern) was pretty cool.
Also it was very amusing seeing medieval characters from a fictional england conduct themselves like 21st century london mobsters
>>
>>87168371
I do agree.
And the character design didn't bother me that much, it's meant to be over the fucking top. It obeys only one rule, which is the rule of cool. The action was pretty cool (even if it kinda looked like a cutscene from a video game when it all goes slowmo when using Excalibur) ans the character, albeit forgetable, were likable.

Sure it won't be remembered as the greatest piece of fantasy, but it's a nice popcorn flick to watch with your girlfriend when you're bored.
>>
>>87167538
I liked it too, OP. I had a blast watching this in theaters. The way the 3D enhanced the chase scene was fucking fantastic.
>>
I watched it without knowing it was a Guy Ritchie movie, and I didn't like all of the conversations that's made it feel like a modern day heist movie, but if Ritchie is your thing I can see how you would like it. Other than that my only complaints were that it was obviously shot to be a much longer film, there were a couple pretty big plot holes and of course deus ex snek.
>>
I have no idea what's going on with Ritchie. First he makes those awful Sherlock Holmes movies. Then the Man From U.N.L.C.E. And now this. It's like he has split personality or something.
>>
>>87167538
WE
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.