[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE DARK CRYSTAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: The_Dark_Crystal_Film_Poster.jpg (68KB, 330x495px) Image search: [Google]
The_Dark_Crystal_Film_Poster.jpg
68KB, 330x495px
Watched this for the first time, it was a brilliant story with gorgeous worldbuilding and puppets
Are there any other films that are are pleasing to the eye like The Dark Crystal is?
>>
The never ending story
>>
The neverending story
>>
>>87165461
>>87165470
OP here, great choice
I watched this when I was a little kid
I felt heartbroken when the horse died
>>
>>87165247
the labyrinth with David Bowie
another great movie but more of a comedy compared to epic that is Dark Crystal
>>
There's a book called Brog the Stoop that reminds me of this movie.
>>
>>87165247
sadly I can´t offer any more movies like this but people that loved the world of the dark crystal should and want to see more like this should check out the game series called Xeno Clash or the book series the edge world chronicles or the book The City of the Sleeping Books
>>
File: Kira_the_Gelfling_by_14_bis.jpg (271KB, 851x1276px) Image search: [Google]
Kira_the_Gelfling_by_14_bis.jpg
271KB, 851x1276px
>>
>>87165858
Watched that as a little kid as well
Great film

>>87165906
>>87165991
Haven't read a book in ages
Maybe I should read something, Kek
>>
>>87167365
you definetly should anon. reading is fun.
edge world chronicles and the city of the dreaming books both come with beautiful illustrations which look like unused concept art for the dark crystal.
they are also easy reads.
if I had to chose one I would start with the city of the dreaming books. as a child it used to be my favorite book
>>
>>87167365
btw they are making a dark crystal prequel netflix show. let´s cross our fingers that it will be good
>>
>>87167599
Are they making it with puppets and real set pieces? Or will it be cgi?
>>
>>87168177
as far as I know real puppets
they got the Henson Company to do it
>>
>>87165247
Legend is also from the same breed of movies
>>
>>87165247
Labyrinth is also by Jim Henson and Brian Froud and has a really similar visual aesthetic. It's more comedic than The Dark Crystal but still well worth watching.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.