[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Malazan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Coltaine.jpg (548KB, 1500x944px) Image search: [Google]
Coltaine.jpg
548KB, 1500x944px
>ASoIaF got made
>Kingkiller is getting a movie or something
>WoT is being made into a series
>there will never be a faithful Chain of Dogs adaption

Since Malazan is probably impossible to adapt on the whole, do you think some smaller arcs from it could work?
Assuming it wouldn't get butchered like everything else of course.
>>
>>87164726
>Kingkiller
source
first law when
>>
The Malazan books were abominations. Possibly the absolute worst things I ever read. I hope the dude who recommended them to me gets bowel cancer and lives out his days with a colostomy bag.
>>
>>87164726
>adaptation
Fucks sake.

>>87164769
http://www.empireonline.com/people/lin-manuel/john-rogers-will-run-kingkiller-chronicle-tv-series/
>"Right now, the plan is to kick off with the first movie and any subsequent films adapting the main novels, with the TV series filling out the wider world."
Thats never going to end well, is it?
First Law would be neat and not that difficult to make. I doubt they'd leave the ending as it is though.
>>
>>87164825
Care to explain why?
I've always wondered why Malazan ends up being loved by some people, then completely hated by the others. There often doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

Anyway, if you want something truly bad, go read The Night Angel books and I can guarantee you that this shit is the most awful cliche ridden aimless pile of trash ever.
Unless you are already a fan of the trilogy
>>
>>87164917

Not really. I don't want to talk about it ever again. This will be my last ever thought given to that piece of shit.
>>
>>87164996
it's really not that horrible
>>
>>87164996
Well, good thing you got it off your chest then. Must have been really eating you up inside.
>>
>>87164917
It's just a fucking novelized D&D campaign
This alone should give you an idea of how bad it is
Read some Gene Wolfe if you want real fantasy / scifi
>>
File: cover.jpg (43KB, 319x475px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
43KB, 319x475px
>>87165394
Fellow /ess-ess-eff-gee/ poster?
>>
The Black Company is perfect for a series.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.