[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie comes out in 3 months, but there is only one short

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: fff.jpg (454KB, 670x991px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
454KB, 670x991px
This movie comes out in 3 months, but there is only one short trailer, even Rogue One had stronger marketing
>>
I still haven't seen rogue one
>>
Please. The minute the next trailer drops you're going to be assaulted by nonstop commercials and TV spots and you're going to wish you weren't.
>>
>>87161152
I feel like they don't have faith with this one
>>
I think it's going to a flop from reshoots. And it's gunna be a problem since Boyega bleached his skin for an albino part, he misread the products instructions
>>
It's Star Wars Episode VIII

They could literally completely stop advertising and it would still gross over a billion
>>
File: get_a_load_of_this_guy.jpg (203KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
get_a_load_of_this_guy.jpg
203KB, 1100x619px
>>87162780
>Star Wars movie
>Flopping
>>
Yo guys, you really need to stop opening the marketing campaign with "YO WHERE DA MARKETING CAMPAIGN BE AT??"

its fucking embarrassingly blatant at this point.
>>
The fact folks are looking for a trailer is indication enough there's buzz around this film. Gonna be a cool billion, boys
>>
>>87161152
>knows when its coming out
>still needs a trailer
>>
File: 12516.png (1MB, 1052x796px) Image search: [Google]
12516.png
1MB, 1052x796px
Who here /Snoke/?
>>
File: TheMouse.jpg (49KB, 455x464px) Image search: [Google]
TheMouse.jpg
49KB, 455x464px
>>87163118
>>87163163
>>87163317
>you bet
>>
>>87161152
it's the only thing they have done right
they know people will see it on the name alone
>>
They don't need to market it. You think people are just going to forget a new Star Wars movie is coming out?
>>
wait 'till October, that's when the shill threads will start to appear
>>
>>87163357
I unironically think a decadent Harkonnen-style Force user feels like a fresh direction for Star Wars.
>>
File: sw_now_.jpg (459KB, 1432x1252px) Image search: [Google]
sw_now_.jpg
459KB, 1432x1252px
>>87161152
people are sick of the sjw bullshit (((hollywood))) keeps forcing on them, it's really backfired on them
>>
>>87161167
It's not worth wathing outside of the last act, the movie had half of it re-shot and it really feels like it (doesn't even have the Star Wars title scroll at the beginning).
>>
>>87161152
It's gonna gross over a billion anyway. People love contrived shit tier movies full of convenience writing where fancy CGI gloss over the complete lack of a compelling story. Look at the quality of GoT in relation to its viewership.

If the success of dreck like SW, Avatar and basically every DC and Marvel movie show us anything it's that you need to write a story and dialogue suitable for retarded children and throw millions in Effects/CGI budgets at it and it's gonna be a massive success. They also show us why you shouldn't let genetic garbage multiply.
>>
>>87164216
They don't even like it, they're caught up in the hype bandwagon and can't resist. They're insecure and think they need to watch this shit because veryone's talking about it.
>>
>>87161152
Why waste money on marketing when they know everybody will watch it
>>
>>87164335
Yeah because that's usually how the world works, everyone you don't like for whatever reason is unanimously rejected by all of society.

>>87164421
I agree that peer and media pressure play a big part. But we're all exposed to that to a more or less similar extent and there are still plenty of people who despise this type of dreck.
>>
i hope everyone on earth doesnt go to see it and then pirates it when it gets released
>>
File: jim carey in the mask.jpg (114KB, 345x430px) Image search: [Google]
jim carey in the mask.jpg
114KB, 345x430px
>>87164335
spotted the daisy cuck
>>
>>87164511
Star wars will be soon just like the Pirates of the Carribean franchise, dead in the water after doing the same old shit with the same washed out actors
>>
>>87164977
>tfw big Star Wars and POTC fan
>have seen either Rogue One nor POTC5
>>
>>87161152
Rogue One was a spin off, as long a "Episode" isn't in the title, it's not guaranteed that the movie is highly successful.
But you can even make one little teaser for Episode 8 before the news at 8 pm and you can be sure that everyone will go to the cinema and it has it's budget back in the very first public screening.
>>
>>87162780
Remember how the entire board cried as Rogue One got reshoots? Turned out Disney thought the movie was too similar to the half cartoony Episode VII and they made it even more depressing and darker. The nihilistic ending where everyone dies and Vader berserk his way through the Rebels in a Scene you would see normally in a Horror movie? All reshoots.
>>
Perhaps some major shit will go down and posting a trailer will just spoil it
>>
>>87161152
>/tv/ for most movies
"Ugh, they showed the whole thing. Don't even need to see it now."
>/tv/ for this
"WHERES MY TRAILERS ?!"

Which is it?
>>
>>87163874
>The Empire are white supremacists
fucking why
this makes it so much more boring and one dimensional
>>
>>87161152
they dont even to advertize it
2$BILLION INC
>>
>>87166648
>/tv/ is only one person
>/tv/ has only one opinion
>>
>>87163874
pretty funny how he was the worst character in TFA and none of his merch sold
>>
File: 1504032480682.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504032480682.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>87162780
how can you even make up such nonense?
>>
Maybe it's because despite grossing 2 billions people didn't like Force Awakens and Disney knows it?
>>
>>87163874
>you don't see a black person in lord of the rings
>the shire was a literal paradise
Hmm
>>
>>87163915
>the movie had half of it re-shot

What happened?
>>
>>87168302
They thought the original was too bleak and upsetting even though it was a dark war movie
>>
>>87163874
Fucking knew it he's another mouthpiece for their advocacy.
>>
>>87161152
IIRC the big push for TFA started in early September 2015. So expect for it to start within the week
>>
>>87168302
suits got scared of originality, supposedly it was darker and different from other SW movies
>>
>>87166550
Nah I don't buy this for a second. They did reshoots to add the shitty quips
>>
>>87166550
No, Rogue One had darker ending with Vader cutting down main heroes and not some unkown rebels
>>
>>87168522
gotta wait for the kiddies to get back into their ((scewols)) to help spread the mind virus.
>>
>>87168330
>They thought the original was too bleak
And yet they still killed them all in the end? Are those guys stupid or what?
>>
>>87161152
It's foolish to start the hype campaign prematurely. You'd risk people losing interest by the time it's in theaters.
>>
>>87168746
*citation needed*

Literally every interview about the subject says otherwise. According to Gareth Edwards, Jyn and Cassian lived in the first cut of the movie. Edwards and the writers wanted the entire crew to die, but thought Disney wouldn't let them do it. When reshoots were being planned, Edwards spoke to Kathleen Kennedy and she agreed that it'd be a stronger movie if the heroes all died in the end so they changed the entirety of the third act.
>>
Why Disney dont make a Darth Bane Trilogy movie?
Are they retarded?
>>
>>87163874
>the Empire is a white supremacist (human) organization

Just call it a human supremacist organization then. Are they trying to say that being white is the same as being a human being?
>>
File: IMG_0791.jpg (80KB, 768x433px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0791.jpg
80KB, 768x433px
>>87161152
>FUCK WHITE MEN. THEY ARE NAZIS
>gee why isn't our target demo interested in Star Wars anymore?
I guess they thought white men like being talked down to. These women might want to get out of LA sometime and meet some real men.
>>
>>87161167
You're not missing much.
>>
>>87169962
But then again, faggot middle aged white men like the RLM slobs will see it multiple times in theater.
>>
>>87161152
TFA had the same deal going on until around October when the marketing reached absurd levels. Disney has other movies to highlight until then.
>>
>>87163874
WE
>>
>>87163357
CAN I OFFER YOU A SNOKE AND A PANCAKE?
>>
>>87169886
Bane?
>>
File: Phasma.jpg (91KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Phasma.jpg
91KB, 1000x563px
I like her as an actor. Please actually give her character meaning this time
>>
>>87161152
I've seen only the toys for the movie in threads around /tv/.
The new characters look ridiculous.
The movie is going to be a trainwreck, it will probably break a billion but I would be surprised if they make money from merchandise sales.
>>
>>87170606
When do they release the toys in stores? I hate going to Target and seeing bland Rogue One stormtroopers and nothing else
>>
>>87170551
they made her into a badass chick and then also made her betray the entire organization

unintentional redpill?
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.