[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

just downloaded the first 3 seasons of this. what am i in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5900.jpg (38KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5900.jpg
38KB, 512x288px
just downloaded the first 3 seasons of this. what am i in for?
>>
A cartoon about a horse
>>
Disappointment. Unless you're a brainlet.
>>
>>87149549
/thread
>>
some kino, some sad moments, a lot of puns
>>
A decent first season, a second that loses its footing, and a third season that is strictly by the formula and shows they ran out of ideas for the long run
>m-muh silent underwater episode
>>
>>87149466
Sadness. Get through the first half of season one, it's a bit rough but inevitably worth it
>>
>>87149549

or a man
>>
>>87149632
>>m-muh silent underwater episode
The strongest episode was the Sarah Lynn episode and it isn't close
>>
Disappointment. Unless you're a smart person
>>
>>87149632
Essentially the exact opposite of this post is correct.
>>
>>87149632
I remember season 2 being better than season 1
>>
Family guy humor with a furry coat of paint
>>
its pretty boring, not all that funny, and the drama is nothing we haven't seen before. I'll admit that one episode near the end of season where he is tripping (usually trips in movies and tv shows are cringey) and the animation in that sequence was nice. You all kept hyping this show up like "ALL THE BAD STUFF HE DOES BUILDS UP THROUGHOUT THE SEASON UNTIL HE HAS TO FACE IT" and it was underwhelming. he pretty much is the same way he started
>>
>>87149632
You have it backwards. A lot of S1 was Family Guy tier. The underwater episode was a nice break from the depressing shit that bookended it.
>>87149667
That and the New Mexico one
>>
>>87149632
Unless you like it strictly for the first few episodes then this is entirely wrong
>>
>>87149466
I haven't watched it but people at reddit are losing their tits over this show
>>
the one western cartoon where h jon benjamin doesnt voice a character
>>
>>87149731
I meant of season 3, but the New Mexico episode is definitely heavy. I have to say episode 11 of season 1 is one of my favorites, the trip through his shattering psyche
>>
>>87149751
oh, no, wait, I'm on cancer support subreddit
>>
>>87149751
>>87149785
Damn it, you got to it before me
>>
>>87149466
A very brilliant commentary/character study about being a has-been. Very often hilarious but sometimes tragic and deeply deeply disturbing, particularly if you're prone to the same types of mistakes as Bojack.

I watched the show absolutely loving it.... BUT then there was an episode where Bojack was trying to write his autobiography and his roommate and a former star of his sit com show up to help. It becomes a coke party that spirals out in tragredy and despair.

At the time, I was snorting so much fentanyl I had tissue papers stuck in my nose to stop the nose blleds. Everything I was feeling from the despair at how my life was turning out, to doing drugs to help finish a difficult story, to having a delirious flashback to the last time I/he was happy (with my high school sweethurt) cut me down to my soul.

There's has never been a more disturbing mirror held up to myself in my life. I flushed the fent never did hard opiates again.... but it was just way way to real. And that's how this show can be.

I honestly prefer my cartoons consistently funny rather than a dark mirror of reality. I hate turning to a show for escapism and seeing my ugly life reflected back at me.

I'd say 10/10.... but honestly, I've never been able to watch since that day. But it did help me get to a *slightly* better place in my life.
>>
>>87149667
My only problem with that ep was how out of place the Penny scene was. It came out of nowhere and there was no explanation of what happened next, not even later in the episode, and I doubt they'll revisit it in S4
>>
>>87149782
The one with Death Grips? That was cool, I agree. I love how the Sarah Lynn arc went from dark humor to fucking depressing through the seasons. Season 3 wrapped up the best of all of them in my opinion.
>>
>>87149466
A good, albeit overrated show. Worth starting now that season 4 is coming out next week.

>>87149632
Season 2 is the best season, though, Most of season 1 is also not that great.

>>87149815
Is this pasta?

>>87149821
Charlotte will come after Bojack for stalking Penny.
>>
>>87149821
He was trying to "make amends" (feel better about himself) and the thing that tore him apart the most is what happened in New Mexico. I'm sure being on drugs didn't help. And there's no way it doesn't come back, like they didn't really address the aftermath of New Mexico until Season 3, so, you never know.
>>
>>87149466
the closest thing to dostoievski that /tv/ could have
but it fails
but it is fun
he fucks a teenager and kill another teenager
>>
>>87149890
>>87149929
That would be interesting.
I'm hoping they focus less on Bojack in this season, the trailer made it seem that way at least. Every side character has a lot of potential. I kind of want for them to make Todd less of a clown and give him a serious arc.
>>
>>87149967
Are you talking about the New Mexico episode? She didn't die, that we know
>>
>>87150009
Diane is going to be bad this season. Like worse than before
>>
>>87149967
>reads notes from the underground once
>>
>>87149967
>kills another teenager
No, he doesn't kill anyone. Sarah Lyn dies (but isn't a teenager) after following in Bojack's footsteps. He also didn't fuck any teenagers, IIRC.

>>87150072
Diane isn't supposed to be very sympathetic.
>>
>>87150072

Really?

She was deliberately written to be awful in the first season, you understand? And the second one. And the third.

She is supposed to be exactly as bad as Bojack but with books instead of TV. That's sort of the joke behind the entire show, actually. I'm amazed people don't get this, they spell it out in the last episode of the first season.
>>
>>87149466
edgy reddit shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3MKSqUTr-A
>>
>>87150072
Promo shows Mr.Peenutbutter shoving her violently against a wall, snarling in anger

Colour me very fuckin intrigued
>>
>>87150038
>She didn't die
Sarah Lynn did
He didn't fuck Penny though
>>87150072
Yeah. I found myself liking her less and Mr PB more as the show went on. A popular r*ddit theory is that he'll finally reach his limit with her self-assured bullshit and there will be actual fallout.
>>
>>87150137
Three words: More feminist Buzzfeed
>>
>>87150202
I thought you meant her friend that got alcohol poisoning
>>
>>87150204

And they're making fun of feminist buzzfeed types because... ? What agenda is that?
>>
>>87149466
reddit
>>
>>87150009
I wish they'd give Princess Caroline a break, she's the only one I feel genuinely bad for
I can only see her romance with the mouse guy ending poorly though, their lifestyles will clash if she decides to try to reboot her career as a manager
>>
>>87150268
I'm aware they're making fun of it but that new rat bitch was the worst part of that finale and Diane is already like at least half there
>>
I could take or leave Todd but like Mr Peanutbutter, I feel like this is inconsistent
>>
>>87150364
Todd is so rarely his own person that it makes sense. I feel he's meant to be a human punching bag for Bojack to continually shit on
>>
>Redditjack Horsememe
Sure it's great, if you like Rick and Morty
>>
>>87150189
>t. fetus
>>
>>87149466
Season 2, again
>>
>>87150409

I watched the first season of Bojack and then someone tried to show me rick and morty and I hated it.

Do I win?
>>
>>87150364
The trailer showed a lot of Todd, I'm hoping there will be some character development instead of just wacky filler subplots.
I went from disliking Mr PB for being an annoying Chad to liking and feeling sorry for him since he's married to someone who keeps getting more psychotic as time goes on
>>
>>87150478
I hope there isn't. In a show so embedded in relatability, you need someone zany to stop the show from becoming a mirror
>>
>>87150478
>>87150202

diane's just your typical millenial career woman who doesnt know what she wants

"its for my job, i have to do this cause of work, etc."

excuses for bad behavior and decisions.
>>
>>87150478
Things will go full circle and will culminate in Diane putting her "work" (as evidenced by her telling the Rat she was willing to shit on Mr PB for an article) ahead of her marriage, and after the big fight she'll consider leaving him for Bojack, who operates on her same wavelength and indulges her self-pity, the same way Mr PB's previous wife did
>>
>>87149466
the predecessor of reddit and memey
>>
>>87150587
>>87150621
This is why I'm so disinterested in seeing her. This is just going to amplify her awfulness
>>
>>87150587
>>87150621
This is why I'm so disinterested in seeing her. This is just going to amplify her awfulness
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.