[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the ultimate pleb filter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: alien-covenant.jpg (105KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant.jpg
105KB, 1000x563px
Is this the ultimate pleb filter?
>>
>>87149181
I do believe so. People always go
>muh original
without realising that while well crafted, 'Alien' was nothing more than a simplistic story about running from a monster.

Covenant introduced a number of philosophical themes and commentary on power, control and nature of humanity. I feel like all this just flew over the heads of the general audience. The references to Milton and Shelley are great too adding extra context to the story.

I cringe everytime I see
>boo-hoo the aliens where shit
>boo-hoo doesn't do justice to the original
>homoerotic robets haha
If that's what you focused on when watching the film you're truly a pleb
Also I think the humor was at least partially intentional
>>
>>87150304

Agreed
>>
File: naomi.jpg (20KB, 500x403px) Image search: [Google]
naomi.jpg
20KB, 500x403px
>>87149181
Fassbender was 10/10, but everything else felt like a cheesey syfy original set in the so called Alien universe. It was like, hey remember that movie that everyone thought was an Alien prequel, well let's scrap all that and make this shit show because everyone wanted Alien. I am also mad about my girl.
>>
>>87150304
if by "introduced a number of philosophical themes", you mean "had a character literally monologue it all for the audience because who needs subtext", then sure
>>
>>87150304
>the humor
by that you mean the incompetence of the entire crew/cringe moments grabbing my head "saying wtf even an 18 year kfc cashier wouldn't do that shit and these are scientists"... again ?
>>
>>87151329
>killing her off like that
RIOT
>>
If it was supposed to be the engineers, why were they no taller than regular humans? Did Scott forget they were bighuge in Prometheus and Alien?
>>
>>87152193
apparently those are plebeians, also the engineers aren't extinct, and they aren't the master race of the Alien universe, neither the creators of mankind
>>
>>87152583

That sounds like fanfic.
>>
>>87149181
>Is this the ultimate pleb filter?
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZnKrvOyN6M
>>
File: 1487523184530.png (591KB, 943x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487523184530.png
591KB, 943x720px
>>87149181
>>87150304
The themes don't make up for it being an overall trash film.

I once watched a video where a guy fed live cockroaches to ants. Little did he know one of the cockroaches was pregnant and gave birth while dying, spawning it's offspring into the hordes of poisonous, ravenous killers.
This video gave me the same thoughts of "Creepiness of creation" that Covenant intended to deliver, but was less than 1/10th as long and didn't have awfully written characters and CGI that looked worked than a 2014 video game.

Just because Covenant succeeds in being creepy in the few scenes where it isn't an Arcade shooter CGI action scene doesn't mean that's some profound accomplishment. It means to try to be creepy and overall message have been done before and done much better. Your argument is literally that it tried to do something smart in one aspect and managed not to fail. That is not praise, that's a reward for best effort.
>>
>>87149181
>someone posts a shitty movie
>is this the ultimate pleb filter?
no you just have shit taste. stop asking.
>>
>>87153361
looked worse than a 2014 video game*
Also the character writing and general Sci-fi logic or lack there of is atrocious enough to filter out anyone with a brain cell. The themes it attempted to tackle are, as said, worthy of acknowledging they tried and didn't utterly fail. Saying they succeeded is a stretch, though, especially when the rest of the film is such tripe.
>>
>>87153021

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/engineers-did-not-create-humanity-or-xenomorph
>>
>>87150304
>Covenant introduced a number of philosophical themes and commentary on power, control and nature of humanity. I feel like all this just flew over the heads of the general audience. The references to Milton and Shelley are great too adding extra context to the story.
the ham handed approach covenant took to these was possibly the worst thing about it
you're an actual pleb, and I'm almost willing to bet that you thought batman vs superman treated its themes maturely too
>>
>>87153646
>http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/engineers-did-not-create-humanity-or-xenomorph

>scott says

Literally less credible than fanfic.

The guy says in that interview that what we saw happen onscreen did not happen.

I'm glad this shitpile probably killed the franchise.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.