[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't he kill Isildur and destroy the ring himself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3511.jpg (69KB, 999x561px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3511.jpg
69KB, 999x561px
Why didn't he kill Isildur and destroy the ring himself?
>>
>>87135330
That wouldve started a war the elves wouldve lost
>>
>>87135330
>Kinslaying
>What's the worst that could happen?
Dipshit.
>>
>>87135330
Also
>implying elrond could 1v1 isildor
>>
>>87135330
because he was a weakass twink against a human who just killed Soren
>>
unsure whether I remember the books correctly, but I don't think they completely understood the importance of the Ring back then

to Isildur, it was just a prize obtained from a vanquished enemy at the cost of the death of his father
>>
>>87135330
>Killing the heir to Gondor
>Expecting no repercussions
Elves would've become extinct
>>
>>87135330
isildur was an 8ft numenorean tank
>>
>>87135330
Because I think it's implied that the men of Numenor were the Ligers of elves and men, and a lot harder to kill than Rohan plebs.

Also, he's Isildur's uncle, with about 20 great-greats in there.
>>
>>87135779
>I don't think they completely understood the importance of the Ring back then
They understood the rings purpose the minute sauron put it on. The elven kingdoms each had an unsullied ring of power. They sensed his intent and removed their rings before he could exert his will.
The thing is Isildur HAD a legitimate claim to the ring. If elrond had killed his own relative with a rightful claim to the ring it would have opened him up to the corruption of the ring. Just like when Smeagol killed Deagol for the ring. Conversely gandalf speculates that since bilbo won the ring fair-and-square and spared gollum the ring didn't have any kind of leverage to corrupt him nearly as bad as others. Frodo likewise receives a ring freely given, and even then he still isn't able to destroy the ring without the complicated deaus ex machina that is Eru's third theme.
>>
>>87135685
Literally nobody was around
>he slipped and fell in
>>
>>87136302
This
>uh oh, he couldn't run fast enough while mt doom collapsed
>>
>>87136055
>The elven kingdoms each had an unsullied ring of power. They sensed his intent and removed their rings before he could exert his will.

What about the dwarves? And the men just kept their rings on. Did the men not "sense" what the elves sensed?
>>
>>87135685
t. man
>>
>>87136876
elves are sensitive motherfuckers, anyway it makes sense that elrond doesnt want to sully himself by killing his ally and in the long run it all worked out
>>
>>87136876
men and dwarves are not as sensitive as elves and they fell for the trap

men wanted to be powerful
dwarves wanted to be rich
>>
>>87137010

So what happened to the dwarves? Men became Nazgul and dwarves became? Balrogs? That woulda been a cool retcon.
>>
>>87137105
I think the dwarven kings just became more greedy and isolationist, because they're a bit like Hobbits when it comes to resisting Sauron's magic. It corrupted them, but only just s much. The dwarves lusted after riches. Men lusted after power.
>>
File: 1445866376582.jpg (308KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
1445866376582.jpg
308KB, 680x798px
>>87135330
>>
>>87137446

So the ringbearing dwarves were so greedy that they woke up the Balrog by digging too deep. I can go with that story. The movie should have made it explicit that it was Sauron's will that the Balrogs be awoken therefore he made the dwarf kings dig.
>>
File: 436202e11d9576d51ddbefb1ef8282b8.jpg (127KB, 1000x777px) Image search: [Google]
436202e11d9576d51ddbefb1ef8282b8.jpg
127KB, 1000x777px
Hi, I'm Balrog.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.