[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will this be Snyders year as well?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: download (1).jpg (5KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5KB, 299x168px
All of Snyders contemporaries like Nolan, Edgar wright, Matt Reeves and Del Toro have made critically acclaimed movies while others like Dennis Villeneuve, Aronofsky and PTA seem to have projects that are shaping up to be major critical hits.
Do you guys think Snyder who is IMHO a better director than any of the above will get critical acclaim for his passion project JL?
>>
>>87134505

Meant to say have made critical hits this year*
>>
>>87134505
BvS was his passion project IMO. JL will be more corporate and reflective of modern sensibilities rather than challenging them.
>>
>>87134555

But that would make more likely to get critical acclaim as well? Imagine what Snyder could do if he made a more mainstream movie.

Honestly if Del Toro and Shyamalan cam break their droughts this year , So can Snyder.(as getting a critical hit)
>>
>>87134652
In an ideal world I would say Snyder should not alter his ways to please the hypocrite liberal media. Critics are less reliable than tossing a coin.
>>
File: IMG_0628.jpg (132KB, 2048x1044px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0628.jpg
132KB, 2048x1044px
>>87134555
And that may be the deciding factor. It might just be accessible and straightforward enough for "critics" to understand. I really hope Whedon doesn't ruin it, because I love Snyder's work and think he deserves praise for his films, widespread, unequivocal praise. His films evince a love for the characters, the comics medium, the themes, and contain an attention to detail that is all but absent from the overwhelming majority of cape movies.

>"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards. They will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. But in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."
>>
>>87134505
Why do Snyder's cheerleaders here always sound mentally unstable? Like something out of some north korean propaganda.
>>
>>87134505
>>87135210

Every single one of those directors that OP mentioned are infinitely better than Snyder. So it's not a surprise that they're getting better reviews.
>>
File: IMG_0121.jpg (74KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0121.jpg
74KB, 1200x600px
>>87135328
Snyder's no slouch. He's on par with Nolan, awards notwithstanding, and unlike Nolan, he's not afraid to let comic book characters be mythic. Also, his visuals are far more arresting and memorable, at least to me.
>>
>>87135666

Nolan does more captivating visuals to me but the big thing is all his films have technical excellence. For a smaller budget his movies seem to have better effects that never seem like poorly done Cgi or video gameish(which happens a lot with Snyder). He is also a far better story teller and actually knows how to build up suspense and deliver the thrills.
>>
>>87135936
Nolan's hit or miss for me. He belabor his themes a bit much for my liking, drives his points home with a sledgehammer. In that regard, I actually felt like Dunkirk was a step in the right direction for him.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.