[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Curse of the Black Pearl

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: jackisback.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
jackisback.png
2MB, 1920x800px
Near the end, when Jack takes some of the cursed medallions out of the stone chest in front of Barbossa and his crew, he puts them back one by one, but he secretly keeps one in order to become a cursed, undead skeleton thingy for the upcoming fight. But why does he need to keep one? Everyone who takes gold from the chest is cursed, and simply putting back the medallions doesn't lift the curse. Barbossa, his crew and everyone else knew this at this point of the story. So why was everyone surprised that Jack turned into a skeleton? And why did they allow him to go near the chest filled with gold that can make him immortal to begin with?
>>
>>87130105
that is actually a good point. Also if barbossa dies from the shot from before the curse was lifted then shouldn't jack also die from that stab wound.
>>
>>87130105
Haven't seen the movie in a long time so I might be remembering some things wrong but
>But why does he need to keep one?
Just touching the coins doesn't give you the curse. You have to remove them from the chest in order to get the curse on yourself. He took it so when he fought Barbossa, no matter what happened, he wouldn't be killed.
>So why was everyone surprised that Jack turned into a skeleton?
No one except Will saw him pocket one of the coins. Will even says something along the lines of, "So this was your plan all along! Ever since you learned my name."
>And why did they allow him to go near the chest filled with gold that can make him immortal to begin with?
Barbossa trusted Jack for that brief moment when Jack was doing his little deal about turning Will in and having Barbossa's men slaughter the British dudes on the boat.
>>87130306
>Also if barbossa dies from the shot from before the curse was lifted then shouldn't jack also die from that stab wound.
Now this I'm not sure about. There was some time between Jack being stabbed and the curse being lifted whereas Barbossa was shot immediately prior so maybe that's why.
>>
This is one of the best adventure movies ever. The series steadily declined after Black Pearl to utter shit.
>>
>>87131011
>steadily declined

It was like walking off a cliff.
>>
>>87131173
I liked the second one too.
>>
>>87130559
Based pirates expert
>>
1 > 2 > 4 > 3

Never saw 5, is it even half decent?
>>
>>87131011
>>87131753
1 > 2 > 3 > 5. The dropoff in quality from one to another isn't that huge, but when you compare one and five it's a pretty big difference. 4 on the other hand is just total trash.
>>
File: 1502843287916.jpg (25KB, 335x352px) Image search: [Google]
1502843287916.jpg
25KB, 335x352px
>>87131917
>4 worse than 3
>>
>>87131753
3 is definitely better than 4
>>
>>87130105
1>3>4>2
>>
>>87133797
Fucking terrible
>>
1>2>3>>>5>4
>>
official power ranking

1>2>3>>>5>4

both 4 and 5 are not worth your time
>>
1 = 2 > 3 > 5 >>> 4

5 was pretty good
>>
>>87130559
For the coins, Jack clearly picks up like 5 coins and drops them one by one back into the chest. He doesn't just rub his hand over them.

So like OP said, if returning coins doesn't matter, as soon as he took one out and dropped it back in, he should be cursed.

I mean you can explain it away as the intention to take a coin, aka the one he pocketed and walked away with, is what curses you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.