[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you hyped for Mortal Engines movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: mortalengines.jpg (528KB, 888x456px) Image search: [Google]
mortalengines.jpg
528KB, 888x456px
Are you hyped for Mortal Engines movie?
>>
No.
>>
>>87126779
>>
Peter Jackson has made my dick limp ever since The Hobbit so no
>>
>>87126779
No, not really as I haven't read the source material.
>>
You just fucking know know this movie will be about evil Westerners and letting in those poor African refugees.
>>
>>87126848
Christian Rivers directing it.
Jackson has writing and producing credits.
>>
>>87126779

Been meaning to read this series. is it any good?
>>
>>87126885
Might want to read the synopsis before you sprain something.
>>
>>87126903
It's good, treads the line between YA and adult fiction pretty well and has a lot of interesting concepts.

Anna Fang is the shit and Pennyroyal is a fucking retard
>>
>>87126897
>Christian Rivers
This guy is practically debuting from visual effects. I'm not convinced, but it has the potential to be better than Hackson.
>>
>>87126897
Yeah because the script in the Hobbit was really solid
>>
>>87126897
>>87126967
Christian Rivers is a New Zealand storyboard artist, visual effects supervisor, special effects technician and director.

He first met Peter Jackson as a 17-year-old, and storyboarded all of Jackson's films since Braindead.

Rivers went on directing his first short film, Feeder, and second unit directing on the 2016 remake of Pete's Dragon.
>>
>>87126974
it was also written by 3 other people in addition to Jackson, including the fucker Del Toro who up and left when he was supposed to direct those hobbit movies, forcing Jackson to step up. Let's not forget the execs pushed it from 2 movies to 3, or that the production time was half what it took to make LOTR.

But yeah HACKSON!
>>
>>87126779
Remember reading that as a kid. Though it was ok.
>>
>>87127039
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkygZdZ_Vk

Felt bad for the guy tbqh
>>
File: Peter-Jackson-up-close-597109.jpg (34KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Peter-Jackson-up-close-597109.jpg
34KB, 590x350px
>>87126779
I thought Jackson commited suicide after the last hobbit movie wrapped up?
>>
>>87127171
Not his fault t b h. He came in late and everything was a mess.
>>
>>87126779
Those books were my life when i was 11 so yeah I'm hyped as shit purely for fanboy reasons.
>>
File: The-Hobbit-Peter-Jackson.jpg (66KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
The-Hobbit-Peter-Jackson.jpg
66KB, 970x545px
>>87127235
I never said it was but the emotional strain it put on him was huge hell iam surprised he didn't quit directing after
>>
>>87127076
>>87127039
Yeah that shit is just depressing to watch
>>
big strong kiwi here

i claim this movie

NONE of you are allowed to watch it
>>
Steampunk is bottom of the barrel trash for neckbeard faggots with no taste
>>
>>87127345
Well he is not directing Mortal Engines, his long time collaborator Christian Rivers is directing it.
Im sure his input will be there but he is not directing this one because of PTSD i believe
>>
CAST

Robert Sheehan as Tom Natsworthy
Hera Hilmar as Hester Shaw
Hugo Weaving as Thaddeus Valentine, Head of the Guild of Historians
Jihae as Anna Fang, a pilot and resistance leader
Stephen Lang as Shrike
Leila George as Katherine Valentine, daughter of Thaddeus Valentine and one of London's elite
Ronan Raftery as Bevis Pod
Patrick Malahide as Magnus Crome
Colin Salmon as Chudleigh Pomeroy
Regé-Jean Page as Captain Khora
Mark Hadlow as Orme Wreyland
>>
File: IMG_9815.png (154KB, 250x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9815.png
154KB, 250x382px
>>87127076
Damn, I'm surprised this got onto The Appendices.
>tfw seeing Andrew Lesnie
>>
>>87127039
Hackson also made The Lovely Bones.
>>
File: 1490478148003.jpg (27KB, 486x486px) Image search: [Google]
1490478148003.jpg
27KB, 486x486px
>>87127076
Fucking Guillermo del Toro he is becoming more and more irritating for me.
I used to love him.
His fucking countless passion projects that never took off.
>>
File: IMG_0133.jpg (46KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0133.jpg
46KB, 600x338px
>>87126992
I remember this guy. Pretty neat, I love how much off-screen talent sprang from LotR's production. Andy Serkis' new movie looks pretty gud too.
>>
>>87126779
Are the books worth reading?
>>
>Before Wahlberg's casting, Ryan Gosling was set to play the role but dropped out of the film [The Lovely Bones] in October 2007, one month before filming.[10] Gosling had gained weight and grown a beard for the role, but said, "The age of the character versus my real age [of twenty-nine] was always a concern of mine. Peter [Jackson] and I tried to make it work and ultimately it just didn't. I think the film is much better off with Mark Wahlberg in that role."[7][11] Gosling later admitted that the real reason for his firing was that he had arrived for filming 60 lbs. overweight and sporting a beard, without having discussed the physical change with Jackson.

Is The Goose autistic? Also I thought the film was pretty gud. Dark, sure, but worth a watch. Marky Mark was the gayest part desu.
>>
>>87126953
Pennyroyals the best suck a bag of fat ones newb
>>
>>87128362
best young adult fiction series. devolves into a mega war at the end. so good
>>
>>87128362
It is about cities on treads roaming around and consuming one another.
>>
Tom & Hester's daughter gets BLACKED
>>
>>87126779
After The Hobbit, no. If this guy can shit on the memory of one of the comfiest movie trilogies (LotR) using the same source, actors, effects departments, musicians etc. then he doesn't deserve our love any more.
>>
>>87130245
See >>87127039 >>87127076
>>
>>87127039
A director with scruples would take himself, his name, his oscars, and his great relationship with Weta, and then walk, rather than shit out a trilogy of crap that besmirches Tolkien's work and takes advantage of any fan favour earned with his own LOTR movie trilogy.
But Hackson took the money and did it anyway.
>>
>>87132632
You're a fucking retard who chooses to ignore contractual obligations and personal responsibility, must be nice to sit in judgment spouting all that bullshit without an ounce of intelligence behind. Keep shouting Hackson loud and proud though, you ridiculous worm.
>>
>>87132754
He knew what he was getting into when he switched roles and took responsibility on the project.
But keep defending that farcical trilogy and its hack director, by all means
>>
Unironically yes
>>
>>87126885
what?

It's about a beta, his ugly girlfriend being chased across a post-apocalyptic wasteland by a cyborg zombie while they try to stop the Chief Engineer of London from using a superlaser to massacre people who for some reason don't want to live on giant mobile cities

In fact the people they're trying to save have a very large well-defended wall to keep the city people out
>>
>>87127436
It's not steampunk though.
>>
>>87128332
I don't understand why people love Del Toro so much, it's been more than a decade since Pan's Labyrinth
>>
Ive read this series and its prequel series about 4 times and I have to say the world which they create is honestly fucking amazing. Fucking shrike alone is one of my favourite characters of all time, The only thing im worried about is them not following the source material close enough and mushing books together.
>>
>>87135423
Fever Crumb is some good shit mayne
>>
>>87126779
>Mobile cities driving around

Sounds dumb as fuck.
>>
>>87136912
It's not, it's pretty cool.
>>
>>87126779
Incredible source material, but it depends if he goes more the route of The Hobbit or more the route of Lord Of The Rings. It could be the greatest post-apocalyptic movie franchise of all time, but given Hollywood's recent track record with hyping massive movies and then them turning out sucky I don't have an awful lot of hope.
>>
>the Mortal Engine series will forever be wasted on muh green screen "randomly switching to a GoPro for this shot with no sense of visual cohesion makes sense" post-LotR Jackson
>you will never see a Chris Nolan practical-effects-first adaptation of the entire quadrilogy
>>
>>87135423
they're going to fuck with the story and mush the books together and compress multiple characters into one etc. and the incredible landscapes and cities will all be full-CGI with bloom looking like it came from a 2007 Playstation game that ages badly by the time it comes out on DVD/bluray
it's gonna be shit
>>
>>87136912
It's unironically one of the greatest sci-fi/fantasy series of all time, up there with Diane Wynne Jones in terms of fictional universes crying out for solid film adaptations

of course they had to go option it during one of the shittiest times in mainstream cinema's history in terms of quality
>>
>>87127403
nonono

well i am going to kidnap miss alice and there is NOTHING you can do about it babyboy
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.