[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would have happened if he stayed dead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 9

File: file.jpg (362KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
362KB, 1440x960px
What would have happened if he stayed dead?
>>
>>87122573
sneed
>>
>>87122573
The show would of been better than it is now.
>>
Dany would be on the Iron Throne right now instead of burning a few food carts
>>
>>87122573

I would have had about 2% more respect for the show.
>>
The walkers stay stranded beyond the wall because they dont get a dragon.
>>
Hes always meant to comeback cause hes the true hero, Dany gonna die in the final episode
>>
The show would've stayed true to it's roots of anyone can die. Now the writing is nothing more than a fanfic.
>>
he would've warged into ghost and chilled with sam
>>
>>87122989
>show stops adapting the books
>becomes super generic good vs. evil bullshit that literally resurrects its characters and gives them plot armor
Hmm!
>>
>Tolkien made the wrong choice when he brought Gandalf back. Screw Gandalf. He had a great death and the characters should have had to go on without him.
Really jingles my jangles
>>
>>87122573
Would made the show better.
>>
>>87124453
Gandalf is a dmigod tho.
>>
>>87122989

You're bound to be disappointed.

It's 100% certain that he comes back in the books as well, although perhaps not in the same manner.
>>
>>87124558
At least in the books people go batshit when they come back.
I'm convinced D&D cut Stoneheart just to remove the consequences from resurrection so Kit Harrington could just keep being himself and not need to do any acting.
>>
>>87122573
This scene would have mattered.
>>
>>87124708
It's just another example of the show being made for youtube reaction videos rather than a coherent plot.
This scene only makes sense in a context of being a season finale, and making the audience wait a year before the next episode.
Anybody trying to rewatch GoT will see a dramatic death scene then a resurrection within like two episodes
>>
>>87124816
The death also sucked in the show. All the ambiguity and depth behind the situation was removed in favour of a shocking twist, and they removed the rousing speech that prompted the mutiny in favour of teasing Benjen.
>>
File: Alliser.jpg (37KB, 700x631px) Image search: [Google]
Alliser.jpg
37KB, 700x631px
>>87124900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6DmWeJtKKs

It really is ridiculous. It's hard to imagine somebody at the NW making that sign saying 'Traitor', then all of them conspiring to stand in front of it so Jon can't see it without pushing through, so they can stab him when he dramatically turns around after reading it.
It's so perfectly choreographed for drama that it's almost funny.
>>
>>87122736
this basically
>>87122989
>>87123140
I hate D&D mostly because they stopped killing important characters and made the show literally normie-tier
>>
You will see in the books.
>>
>>87122573
1. Sansa gets to Castle Black with Brienne and learns Jon just died. Ramsay sends the bastard letter but Jon is already dead and Edd can't justify keeping Sansa there so Brienne takes her into hiding down in the Stormlands, probably back on Tarth
2. Ramsay, the Umbers, and Karstarks roll the fuck over the Wildling army and then raze Castle Black for letting Sansa escape
3. Ramsay pledges fealty to Daenerys and retains his title of Warden of the North
4. Littlefinger recalls the Vale armies once he hears Jon Snow is dead because he knows Sansa won't stay in the North so there's no point in wasting time trying to take it back. He also pledges fealty to Daenerys, giving her the North, the Vale, Dorne, Highgarden, and arguably the Iron Islands.
5. Daenerys rolls the fuck over the Lannisters and Euron fucks off back to Essos
6. Bran never makes it back across the Wall because the Nights Watch is dead
7. The undead army is stuck behind the Wall forever
>>
But lord of the rings done it.
>>
>>87122573
I wish they had the balls to not fake out the audience. the sad thing is he will ressurected in the books just the same. The show really turned to shit when it became more dictated by the whims of magic and prophecy. All the starks have superpowers at this point in the show. Jon is the chosen one, Bran can see the past, Sansa can outmaneuveur anyone politically, Arya can shapeshift into anyone and kill anyone she wants. I miss when all the characters were human and were written with respect.
>>
>>87122613
>The show would of been better than it is now.
Yeah this. It's not Kit's problem but Snow just hasn't done anything that special or memorable since coming back from dead.

He is just... there talking to people.

Would have been better if he wasn't brought back to life
>>
You'll see in the books
>>
>>87125325
To be fair, they're running out of important characters. Would you rather they killed everyone off and had to introduce OC?
>>
>>87122573
Show's become a block buster cinema movie at this point. Everyone's life is always saved at the last second

Cersei should have killed Jamie tragically

Reek should have been beaten to death on that shore

Tywin should have been executed

>Hurr durr I'm going to spare your life but absolutely no changes in my decisions will come of that

The realism is gone. Hope GRRM keeps his touch though..
>>
>>87130918
Tyrion****
>>
>>87122573
wait for the next book to find out
>>
For statistical categorization
http://www.strawpoll.me/13829646
>>
>>87122573
it's a fantastic show
fantastic from genre: fantastic
so it's better with a resurrection from the dead here and there
the only problem is the way he resurrected.
iut was poorly prepared and conducted
>>
>>87122573
Like they would kill off the last remaining young, male hero. All that shit on the Wall would have been 5 years of pointless storylines. Ned and Robb's deaths at least moved the plot forward.

>>87130321
The Battle of the Bastards was a cool action scene.

>>87124654
They cut Lady Stoneheart because she's the exact same character as Arya.
>>
>>87125007

I'm pretty sure he orchestrates Jon being stabbed in the book as well
>>
show was already a shadow of its former self when that happened so not much. S1+S2 had me fooled into thinking it wasn't going to be generic good triumphs over evil type dreck. But alas, the silver-haired whore became untouchable god-queen, Jon faggot's parents got revealed giving him indestructible plot armor until the finale and the origin of the NK turned out to be the millionth retelling of Goethe's sorcerer's apprentice motif. How fucking original. Why even explain where the fuck he comes from to begin with.

At this point the only redeeming end would be NK entering KL throne room, ruined as it was in Silvercunt's vision where wincest mommy babbles about not regretting anything and having done it all for her family. NK looks at her indifferently, converts her child by touching its forehead, decapitates screaming mommy dearest with his massive ice-sword and proceeds to take his rightful place on the throne. zoom out to see KL littered with the undead, 3 undead dragons flying about. fade to black.
(cuck version: fade back to creation moment. enter three eyed raven stopping creation because muh visions, M.Night smth moment. gasp.)
If an explanation is needed for his claim make one more cliched flashback vision about his creation moment and say he was the son of whoever the fuck was king at the time and rightful heir to first men's kingdom or some such.

tl;dr I wish S1+S2 would have been shit as well so I wouldn't have bothered. As it is I basically ff through most of it until NK, cerci or arya scenes who are the only bearable characters left.
>>
>>87131437
who is stoneheart?
>>
They probably would have fixed that damn watch.
>>
File: 1503480470349.png (413KB, 954x612px) Image search: [Google]
1503480470349.png
413KB, 954x612px
>>87131939
>showfags
>>
>>87124453
Go read the books and stop talking shit, Gandalf is not human
>>
>>87131437
>All that shit on the Wall would have been 5 years of pointless storylines.
Wrong. He saved wildlings. Sansa could have ralied them up to fight Boltons, since all of her brothers are dead now ( Bran is mia).
>but muh aegon targaryen
Nothing like driving a point that ni character is safe than killing the most hyped up fantasy hero type character. Underdog but heir to an empire at the same time? Fucking cliche
>>
>>87131903
>At this point the only redeeming end would be NK entering KL throne room, ruined as it was in Silvercunt's vision where wincest mommy babbles about not regretting anything and having done it all for her family. NK looks at her indifferently, converts her child by touching its forehead, decapitates screaming mommy dearest with his massive ice-sword and proceeds to take his rightful place on the throne. zoom out to see KL littered with the undead, 3 undead dragons flying about. fade to black.
Edgy
>>
>>87131939
Valar morgules's sister
>>
>>87131939
zombie cat
>>
>>87132041
Which ending would you prefer?
The same ending we've seen in every
>>
>>87132035
>Sansa could have ralied them up to fight Boltons

kek.
>>
>>87132102
>>87132041
other show and movie
>>
>>87132102
Jon and Dany successfully defeat NK and Cersei two episodes in, then the rest of the season is about developing their tax policies.
>>
>>87132060
>>87132067
i don't understand
>>
File: Ramsay_.jpg (178KB, 1286x529px) Image search: [Google]
Ramsay_.jpg
178KB, 1286x529px
ramsey would be king of the north
>>
>>87124558
The only difference is that in the books he's coming back as a fire zombie
>>
>>87132060
fucking lmfao
>>
>>87132187
Sounds riveting. Maybe dedicate one episode purely to their glorious wedding and them gazing into each other's eyes lovingly.
>>
>>87132211
mate just google lady stoneheart, jesus
>>
>>87132211
Catelyn, reanimated
>>
>>87132370
>>87132348
But catelyn died in the purple or pink wedding or whatever it was called, she cant be alive idiots
>>
>>87132324
The last episode would just be a fat Jon slouching on the Iron Throne, shouting "Fuck I'm bored. Let's go on a hunt! MORE WINE!!". Meanwhile, Dany gets railed by a White Cloak she's taken a fancy to.
>>
>>87132452
What part of "reanimated" do you not get?
>>
>>87132452
or did she
>>
>>87132497
Yes. Yes she did.
>>
>>87132488
That I could see. If during the very last scene silverhair takes off her face and it's arya. Soldier takes of face and it's faceless man.
>A man takes what he is owed.
>Pushes it in arya's butt.
>Painful grimace.
>fade to black.

Not quite the redeeming quality of NK triumph but I feel like I might be on to smth there.
>>
File: WHOOOOOOOOOOORE.jpg (92KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
WHOOOOOOOOOOORE.jpg
92KB, 700x466px
>>87132488
Olly, what stoopid name
MOOOOOOOORE WIIIIINE
>>
>>87132491
you can't reanimate somoene who is dead moron, did you even watch the show?
>>
>>87132033
That's a GRRM quote dumbass. My point was that GRRM complained about Gandalf coming back to life but Jon Snow does exactly the same thing
>>
File: 1472439864299.jpg (20KB, 322x306px) Image search: [Google]
1472439864299.jpg
20KB, 322x306px
>>87132732
(You)'re not even trying
>>
>>87122573
Anyone have the "imagine being Kit Harrington in this scene" copypasta?
>>
>>87124558
Fine.
Can I get all that other shit from the books as well then ?
The good stuff.
>>
In the books he's still dead.I can't really remember where everyone is at when Jon Snow dies on the show.

I think the only really big difference would be at the wall. Jon seemed to be the only person to trust the wildlings and care about the others. I believe Jon had already let the wildlings inside, so there's a fight at the wall between the wildlings and crows. Ramsey would still have the north.

As for the others, nobody would care or know about about them being a threat. Westeros would still be fighting between Cersei and Daenerys. If the others found a way across the wall, they would probably tale the north easily. The others would have to fight 3 dragons still, but on the show, it seems like the Night King knows about the dragons somehow.
>>
>>87131939
Beric resurrects Catelyn and she takes over the BwB. She's a zombie with a totally different personality bent on killing everyone who betrayed Robb. She captures Brienne and threatens to kill her if she doesn't kill Jaime.
>>
>>87134105
Did she kill Pod or not?
>>
>>87134105
Why is she not in the show?
>>
>>87130321
BotB and Beyond the Wall were Kit Kino though
>>
>>87122573
Sansa would have taken charge, probably manipulated still by Littlefinger. Littlefinger's plan would have been more precise.
>>
>>87134839
The same reason 20 other cool characters aren't in the show, because it's a crappy knock-off of the books.
>>
>>87134839
Michelle Fairley refused to wear the makeup.
>>
>>87122573
A good story might have been possible.
>>
NOOTHIN
>>
File: IMG-20160822-WA0004.jpg (168KB, 1600x1042px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160822-WA0004.jpg
168KB, 1600x1042px
>>87125007
I'm amazed any of you mouth-breathing retards are surprised by this. It's made for television, i.e. for the masses, therefore design decisions are made to reduce the content to a more 'digestible' format both in length and complexity. The show has clearly gone downhill but that element has always been there.
>>
>>87122736
Bran would've crossed back through the wall anyway, and there are 20 castles bordering the wall, 17 of which are abandoned. The dead would've managed to go through eventually
>>
>>87136814
Who?
>>
File: IMG-20160828-WA0007.jpg (118KB, 1599x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160828-WA0007.jpg
118KB, 1599x899px
>>87136960
Some Hungarian girl I banged a few times in Florence. She's nuts. You can have her number if you want she'll probably give you nudes
>>
>>87122583
/thread
>>
>>87132739

I don't think he meant for relatively intact Jon like in the show. He'll probably be a bit fucked up in the books.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.