[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went so right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 9

what went so right?
>>
Verhoeven
Casting
Special effects
80s
>>
Everything. I haven't met anybody in person that hates this movie. There's something for everybody in this flick.
>>
File: Robocop.jpg (775KB, 3000x1968px) Image search: [Google]
Robocop.jpg
775KB, 3000x1968px
>>
>>87121474
>what went so right?
literally everything.
>>
What the hell fried chicken
>>
why are remakes so shitty? I like low budget seems more realistic and authentic.
>>
>>87121474
EVERYTHING
>>
It may not be the perfect movie, but its the perfect movie about a robotic police officer.
>>
flat black taurus cop cars
>>
>>87121474
80S MOTHERFUCKER
>>
>>87121474
Honestly, everything went right. And everything went even more impossibly right with the director's cut.
>>
>>87121994
Nothing screams 80's more than a corporate yuppie in a polyester suit
>>
File: Robocop.png (401KB, 452x770px) Image search: [Google]
Robocop.png
401KB, 452x770px
Somewhere on this board there is a crime happening
Dead or alive, you're coming with me
>>
File: dsc00019nz7.jpg (228KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
dsc00019nz7.jpg
228KB, 1280x960px
>'80s
>Verhoeven giving it 101%
>Neumier
>Bottin
>Poledouris
>Vacano
>Tippet
>literally the most perfectly-cast film ever
>perfect storm of talent, perfect source material, made at the perfect time
>literal perfection
>>
>>87121474

I liked RoboCop 2 for trying new things.

>Make a new villain robot
>Tried to make Murphy into a machine (although this was bullshit because he just regained his humanity)
>Lewis still looking hot as fuck
>>
ONE TIME I CALLED MY BOSS AN AIRHEAD
>>
>>87123782
>>Lewis still looking hot as fuck

That's interesting because some people accuse her of looking dykey
>>
Ripping off judge dredd
>>
Robocop works because it's a cast entirely made up of character actors.

The casting is so good you end up rooting for characters that you're meant to hate like Migeul Ferrer's character.
>>
people still had artistic integrity
>>
Come quietly or there will be... trouble
>>
File: Clarence.jpg (134KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Clarence.jpg
134KB, 500x333px
You can tell that the actors themselves really loved what they were doing in this film
I mean, take Kurtwood Smith. Pretty much everyone who knows him knows him as Red so this was a real breakout opportunity for him and he just ate it up.
Same with Ronny Cox. He loved it so much he did it again in Total Recall.
>>
Cops don't like me...

SO I DON'T LIKE COPS.
>>
>>87124285
Nananananananananana
Nananananananana
NananananaNA
>>
>>87124261
This is b8, I hope
>>
>>87124261
THOTS BEGONE
>>
I'D BUY THAT FO A DOLLAH
>>
>>87123682
It's a perfect kino, a perfect movie and a perfect flick. Very few achieved that.
>>
>>87121474
https://dejareviewer.com/2014/04/29/cinematic-chiasmus-robocop-is-almost-perfectly-symmetrical-film/
>>
>>87124261

>>
>>87124411
It's not a perfect film though
>>
File: robocop-2.jpg (46KB, 650x353px) Image search: [Google]
robocop-2.jpg
46KB, 650x353px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z931XZ2wfpE

In the span of 6 minutes, Robocop does THREE iconic things. Most movies/characters can't even get one iconic scene in 90 minutes.

That's efficient filmmaking without rushing things. It's such a masterpiece and I miss Verhoeven.
>>
>>87124436

Name any flaws
>>
>>87124592
He had style
You could immediately sit down to any Verhoeven and say "That's a Verhoeven."
>>
>>87124753

Have you seen Elle? It's a bit too blunt and hamfisted, but not with traditional satire. He's getting old as hell and probably forgot a lot.
>>
>>87124436
It's as close to perfect as one can reasonably expect from human beings
>>
>>87123963
Oh shit, I saw that version on TV and I've never forgot that horrible dub. Also, blow me, blow me, blow me in the convenience store. Why would they make a version with no swearing!
>>
>>87124676
The model of Dick Jones during the fall scene has weirdly long arms. That's the exact single flaw that keeps this movie from technically being perfect
>>
>>87124893
Or when you could see the zip on the back of the Robocop suit during the factory raid
>>
>>87124592
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcPElnvb6bI
Pure, unadulterated kino distilled to its finest form
>>
>>87121474
The sound effects
>ed-209s shut down noise
>muh dick
>>
File: 1461947495372.gif (1MB, 486x289px) Image search: [Google]
1461947495372.gif
1MB, 486x289px
>POST YFW DIRECTIVE 4
>>
I rewatched robocop recently with the new BD restoration.

The transfer looks fantastic but the movie is so unbelievably 80s campy it hurts. And I am not talking about the world or setting that was intentional. I am talking about the acting and dialogue.

>robocops absolutely retarded walking/movements
>absolutely over the top laughing henchmen with one liners

Robocop is fucking distilled 80s tropes.
>>
File: index.png (3KB, 284x115px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
3KB, 284x115px
>>87124893
>>87124922
>Tiny insignificant details
>>
>>87125432
Well Robocop is supposed to be a walking tank to symbolize the authority, not a jumping monkey like in the remake.
>>
>>87125470
I never noticed the zipper but the model with fucked up arms is right there in your face, how is it not significant?
>>
Its better than it has any right to be, imagine the pitch

>OK guys, I want to make an ultra-violent movie about a robot cop in a cyberpunk Detroit... but want him to have feelings and learn a valuable lesson.

You'd be thinking "straight to the video store bargain bin".

And yet somehow its more than the sum of its parts. I wonder at what point the production team realised something special was happening, they were clearly having a blast

Just thank Mrs Verhoeven; didn't she pull the script out of the bin and make Paul re-read it?

CAPTCHA: I'm not a robot
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.