[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Overrated, shitty garbage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 13

File: firefly.jpg (80KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
firefly.jpg
80KB, 665x375px
Pic-related is overrated, overhyped, poorly-written, poorly-acted shitty garbage. The characters are all paper-thin (per usual in Whedon dreck), the storylines are non-interesting and the "le so quirky LMAO XD" tone of the writing squanders any level of investment and stakes that could have potentially saved this tonally inbalanced trite.

Is it just me?
>>
its just you
>>
File: literally.png (137KB, 374x281px) Image search: [Google]
literally.png
137KB, 374x281px
>>
Yeah I liked it too
>>
>>87115682
>I am a massive pleb: The post
>>
>>87115682
great show
>>
>>
>you will never live through Season 5 of Firefly after River turns lesbian for no reason, Jayne is somehow gimped emotionally or physically, and Wash has either already been killed off like in Serenity or somehow roboticized and had a 180 personality change, and Whedon has somehow come up with some convoluted psychic time travel thing that causes all the Reavers to be Mal's clones and River becomes God and restarts the universe leading to Season 6 being an alternate retelling of Season 1 with a finale where the multiverses collide and a cliffhanger ending promising everything being explained in Season 7 which never happens because the show was cancelled because Whedon can't keep a franchise alive to save his life
>>
>>87115682
As close as we'll get to a live action Cowboy Bebop.
>>
>>87115776
Plebs enjoy Whedon-dreck, Redditor
>>
File: strains the mind a bit.png (288KB, 674x655px) Image search: [Google]
strains the mind a bit.png
288KB, 674x655px
>>87115682
this show is worth it just for prime Christina Hendricks

also
>Have you ever been raped?
>>
I honestly prefer Defiance over Firefly 100%

firefly was formulaic drivel. buffy was whedon's best work and its clear he cant reproduce it.
>>
File: 1458517516965.jpg (53KB, 1024x578px) Image search: [Google]
1458517516965.jpg
53KB, 1024x578px
Name one show Summer Glau hasn't ruined.
>>
File: 1504137700227.gif (874KB, 200x157px) Image search: [Google]
1504137700227.gif
874KB, 200x157px
>>87115682
Yeah, you're the only one. It's not a fucking masterpiece but it's really good. How many good sci fi shows are there anyway?
>>
>>87115908
How does Joss keep getting away with shit like this?

>Sociopathic rapist black man
>Willow's evil version is a lesbian
>Faith is a bad person because she's horny while Buffy is pure
>Cordelia's character being completed gutted after she got pregnant

And then he has the nerve to pretend to be a SJW
>>
>>87115682
I watched a couple episodes of this show a long time ago and I absolutely fucking couldn't stand it and dropped it part way through. Then I watched it again like 2 years ago and I fucking loved every minute of it.
I really don't know why this happens to me so often. It happened with Mad Men and Boardwalk Empire too, and I love those shows.
>>
>>87115960

Angel
>>
>>87115960
the 4400
>>
>>87116008

I think it was more that Faith was willing to murder people and didn't seem to care about the responsibility of a Slayer to help (she really only fought demons because it was enjoyable to fight them) people.

It did seem like most of the insults toward her were just about her liking sex tho, which is messed up.
>>
>>87115682
maybe if we had more than 14(?) episodes the characters would've had a chance to become something more. regardless, every episode is very entertaining and you my friend, have made an excellent bait post. Just look at my response to you.
>>
>>87116008
it was a different time then.
>>
File: 1503626935477.gif (125KB, 480x455px) Image search: [Google]
1503626935477.gif
125KB, 480x455px
>>87115682
Pretty much a perfect show. You're a massive tryhard faggot. Seek help.
>>
>>87115682
i just literaly finished the final episode. been watching this shit show for the last few days, its all over the place and the writing is just terrible, i feel like it hasent aged well. i agree with you OP this shows shit.
>>
>>87116008
Sluts should be shamed, don't see what's wrong with this.
>>
>>87116267
You must be 18 to use this website
>>
OP is right and anyone who disagrees is an idiot. Whedon fans are the some of the biggest fucking idiots on the planet. Guy's a hack and I can't wait until we find out he was cheating on his wife with Anita Sarkeesian
>>
File: IMG_1203.png (204KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1203.png
204KB, 300x450px
I really wish the series got a second season focusing on the Operative.

The Operative is in the exact same place Mal was in the beginning of the series. He's lost all hope of a better future and is horrified at what's happened to him. He's a man without purpose, a man on the run with the government after him and nowhere to go and his only option left being to drift aimlessly on a quest of redemption until he finally comes to terms with what he is.

They should've made a second season about the Operative gathering his own crew of misfits and just trying to find a reason to keep pushing.

Instead they made a shitty comic where Zoe kills him even though Mal himself recognizes that he's just another chump wandering aimlessly which is a way more fitting punishment.

I hope one day they retcon that shit and bring him back.
>>
>>87116426
>They should've made a second season about the Operative gathering his own crew of misfits and just trying to find a reason to keep pushing.
He had a good arc in the movie that was simple and effective. I'd actually prefer not seeing him again at all considering they would just fuck him up, much like they did in the comic.
>>
File: 1503601579543.jpg (120KB, 632x670px) Image search: [Google]
1503601579543.jpg
120KB, 632x670px
>>87116319
Joke's on you I'm 18 and a half.
>>
>>87115682
I agree with all of this and still loved it because it was obvious everyone working on it loved it. It's the epitome of feeling defeating rationality.
>>
>>87117854
I mean, it's the same as why as nirvana will be forever loved by many but dream theater will be known and loved by few, despite their recent Grammy nominations.
>>
File: summer-glau-gold.jpg (323KB, 1310x1600px) Image search: [Google]
summer-glau-gold.jpg
323KB, 1310x1600px
>>87115822
>ywn live through season 10 where there's a sideplot in which River and Simon finally complete their love for each other and secretly get married on a remote planet but on their wedding night River underestimates her strength and she accidentally breaks Simon's back in the reverse cowgirl position while orgasming and leaves Simon a paraplegic and bound to a wheelchair but he forgives her and develops a fetish for being physically dominated by his little sister and she agrees to wheel him down to the cargo bay every night and beat him within an inch of his life and throw him out of his wheelchair and make him climax with her feet but in the season finale they get caught by capt. Reynolds who instinctively asserts his dominance by grabbing River before she can finish off Simon and fucking her standing up over Simon's bloodied body while River's eyes roll into the back of her head and the screen fades to black.
>>
>>87115682
I would say it is overrated but it was a good show.
>>
this thread needs way more /glau/
>>
File: british humor.jpg (49KB, 634x436px) Image search: [Google]
british humor.jpg
49KB, 634x436px
>love sci-fi
>shopping for TV shows around these parts back when it was airing or shortly after it was canned
>some faggot recommends it to me
>looks like absolute trash, the characters are all super annoying and it's basically as much sci-fi as shit trek
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed considering the dithyrambic critics and opinions about this show.
>>
>>87118527
>shopping for TV shows around these parts back when it was airing or shortly after it was canned
so you posted a thread about it on /tv/ in 2003 or 2004?
>>
File: 1444274488715s.jpg (26KB, 252x243px) Image search: [Google]
1444274488715s.jpg
26KB, 252x243px
>>87118568
I always figured the show aired until 2008 or so since people here were still whining about it
>>
The show was meh, like 6/10. Not bad, but not at all worthy of the hype.

Now the movie though was pretty damn good.
>>
>>87118597

>were

They still do, even though it's shit. It didn't die down until they turned on Whedon.
>>
>>87115682
Firefly was great for it's time. It was just before Whedon fully revealed his cuck/sjw power levels so it wasn't over the top in that respect.
>>
>>87115682
Nah, you pretty much got it right.
>>
File: IMG_5280.jpg (1MB, 1300x929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5280.jpg
1MB, 1300x929px
The Betty crew were the prototypes of the Serenity crew.
>>
>>87119512
>Diverse casting without shoving in your face.
What the fuck happened?
>>
A lot of "cancelled before their prime" shows are really not that great.

Firefly plus Freaks and Geeks stand out to me
>>
>>87119552
>What the fuck happened?

they started shoving it in your face. It became the selling point for a movie. "Come see how diverse we are on screen!.. also a movie happens around it or something."
>>
>>87119512
Where's the french midget?
Yeah that's what I thought "diversity"
>>
I didn't like it.
I dropped it halfway through Out of Gas.
>>
>>87115682
It's not that bad. Just bland under all of it's promise. Target audiences are plebs and neckbeards so starved for good Sci-Fi they are ready to throw money at everything that even slightly fondles their nostalgiaboner for Ol' Trek and the like.
>>
>>87121775
>are
Oh, sorry.
*were
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.