[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doing a rewatch of this. Why do people hate the first season?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 50

File: buffytitlecard.jpg (16KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
buffytitlecard.jpg
16KB, 720x540px
Doing a rewatch of this.

Why do people hate the first season? It's comfy as fuck.
>>
>>87114668
I enjoy it, but it looks quite different from the rest.
>>
Early season 3 episodes with Buffy and Faith > Season 2 > Angel > Season 1 > rest of season 3 > the rest of the garbage seasons
>>
>>87114719

That doesn't bother me. It's pretty much the only season where everyone is likable and the MOTW are simple but work to develop the characters than some of the later, more celebrated ones.
>>
>>87114668
I love it as well, dunno why it gets such a bad rap around here. That said, 2 and 3 are better and more refined.
>>
>>87115396

I legit dont' get the hype of S3. It has some good eps, sure, but most of it feels like filler. It doesn't have S1 or S2s outfits to make up for it, either.
>>
>>87115485
Everyone just wanted lesbian Buffy. That's all.
>>
Season 1 is just average. No real stand out episodes but nothing really bad either.
>>
>>87115485
I don't think 3 is better than 2, but 3 has Faith going bad, and in general a lot of interesting character interaction. Buffy getting mentally tortured by Faith turning evil is satisfying as always. And all of this is coupled with great MOTWs, so overall pretty good.
>>
>>87114668

Go watch the recaps/guide from PTN on youtube along, won't regret it.

Also agree, frist season is somewhat trashy, but in a cute way.
>>
>>87115677

Her going bad was the dumbest thing ever. Granted it's worse in retrospect given that she goes not!bad for no reason, either.

It did have some good eps like Anne and Helpless. The rest are mediocre or miss and rely on magic-induced OOC stuff like candy and AUs.
>>
>>87116256
I didn't say her going bad made sense or was good writing. I said that her going bad made Buffy feel "betrayed" and hurt, while also periodically fucking her over further by poisoning Angel etc.

I guess I have a soft spot for Buffy getting tortured. It's the same reason I love season 2 when Angel turns bad, Buffy feels so betrayed she can't take it, she keeps getting beat and feeling guilty. I have a perverse appreciation for that kind of thing.

That said, the Faith-turning-evil arc might not be amazing in Buffy, but they utilise it impeccably in Angel with the redemption arc. She tortures Wesley and is then forgiven. I loved this turn of events, and especially Angel drawing a line between him and Buffy when it came to protecting and believing in Faith (representing the independence of his character and the importance of his mission).
>>
>>87115485

It's sort of where the show perfected its tone, kept consistent with classic one-off episodes, and it really just represents the nostalgia most people feel for the series. It also has the Faith arc, which works really well and isn't shoved in our faces right away but actually happens after we've gotten comfortable with her, along with a villain arc that works. It's missing some of the stakes of say season 2 or season 5, but that doesn't really hurt the story.

The biggest flaw with season 3 is Angel. It kind of held Buffy back from developing further and actually having the chance for a love interest that wasn't forced. Couldn't be helped since it was the set-up for the spinoff, but it is the only real dampener. Season 3 outfits were hella comfy tho. A lot more noticeable than s2 imo.

And desu I think the S2 evil angel arc both dragged and missed some crucial opportunities. Aside from Passions, nothing really notable happens until the finale. It's just this dude lurking around for half a season being kinda dickish. I think the novelty of it at the time is why it's so lauded, but it falls flat on rewatch. Compared to a more solid arc non-romantic arc of Buffy & Faith, and much more solid one-offs, season 3 just works.
>>
>>87116256

I thought it worked desu. We got used to Faith, she made a mistake that seemed totally in-character, and long-simmering issues culminated in a bad reaction by her, then even worse when confronted by Buffy's privileged lecturing and moralizing. Like you can understand Buffy's perspective and not blame her so much, but it def didn't help Faith face her shit. And then she sought refuge where she got the one thing she never had. They even managed to make her relationship with the mayor poignant.

Her not!bad arc might have seemed more disjointed since they set it up in Buffy but didn't really make it explicit until Angel, but if you watch the season 4 2-parter back to back with her appearance in Angel season 1, it flows well. She wants to stop because it's becoming overwhelming how much she can't bear to look at herself, and switching bodies to a new person didn't change anything, it just made it that much more clear that she couldn't escape herself. I honestly can't think of another example where a storyline of semi good guy going villain then back to good guy was as nuanced as this, or didn't rely on some savior love interest to motivate it (a la Charmed).
>>
>>87116552

Faith's storyline doesn't work for me because it's completely inconsistent. It's totally clear they had no idea what to do with her after abandoning the suicide arc. One minute she's there, one minute she isn't with no explanation. None of her motivations work.

Ultimately in S3, none of it matters a lick. As far as Buffy, Willow, Giles and Xander go, you could eliminate it completely after Anne and it wouldn't make a difference. Even Angel, after some interesting character stuff in the Christmas ep goes right back to normal.

I hated the S3 outfits. They made no sense for the character. It's clear they were trying to make her different from Faith, but you do that by making the side character different, not suddenly dressing your main like a 50's housewife.
>>
>>87116889

Idk, I think her outfits really fit how people that age dressed in the 90s (if they were rich). Like the chrome shit, the diaphanous shirts, the junky accessories. Def hardcore 99 trends there.

How was it inconsistent? They spent like 2 eps showing her torn up/living in denial. Most shows would just have her go to the mayor 2 mins after killing the guy, but she has the denial phase.

I will agree that it does seem like she disappears for a bit mid-season, but it didn't seem super inconsistent. It's kind of realistic in that someone can manage to live functionally for a while and people not realize how messed up they are because of their past, until a really big accident happens. I think Faith was just really good at keeping up appearances and seeming chill until she did something she couldn't take back. You kind of see hints of it in her very first ep when she can't face that old ass vampire. And they drop little hints with her being negligent enough to almost get Buffy killed a few times. It's not like she was super well-adjusted before it went down.

Actually if anything, the ep with Gwendoline showed how she was always just one parental figure away from completely turning on Buffy. So take a situation like accidental murder and then bring in the Mayor to comfort her, and boom you have a bad slayer. Maybe it was severe in the sense of how quickly she became willing to actually murder Buffy & the others, but it didn't feel like a huge stretch.
>>
I enjoyed every season of Buffy and don't understand why others don't

4 was the worst obviously
>>
>>87117270

Buffy's not supposed to be rich. All of them, save maybe Willow, are "TV poor". She's not Cordy. Then in S4, she's back to more stuff girls her age wore.

It's inconsistent because she feels guilty, then she doesn't. Then she does. And doesn't. Ok, that's complexity. I could buy that. Then wham, she's ending the world and killing professors.

Gwendoline worked well, but again, she's right back to being buddy-buddy two eps later.

Ultimately I think the problem boils down to she's supposed to be this kind of dark slayer aspect when she's more of a dark Willow than Buffy.
>>
>>87114668
16mm film stock
>>
>>87117596

Bad quality film is the only reason Willow, Xander and Cordy pass as Freshman.
>>
>>87117563
What are you talking about? Joyce owns an art gallery and her dad has a job that lets him have a secretary and take said secretary to Spain.
Buffy also explicitly mentions that he would often buy her love with money in lieu of spending time together (Pretty standard 90's upper middle class child complaint).
>>
File: buffys3.png (742KB, 772x991px) Image search: [Google]
buffys3.png
742KB, 772x991px
>>87117563

I made the rich comment because she clearly wore like 5,000$ couture outfits, which was unrealistic. But I don't think she was TV poor by any means. Her dad had some important job in LA and her mom was an art gallery director or w/e. She was like the upper end of middle class probably.
>>
>>87118572

Until he cuts them off after S1. I get what you're saying, but as I said, it's TV. That's the explanation why they don't have cellphones in earlier seasons. They can't afford them.
>>
File: buffy504_0317.jpg (107KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
buffy504_0317.jpg
107KB, 1600x900px
S5 is best dressed Buffy.
>>
>>87119078

Season 4+ gets kind of samey, unfortunately. Season 5 did have a few noticeable ones, but mostly it's jeans/leather pants and a cardigan/sweater. Season 7 makes a decent comeback tho.
>>
File: likeababysbottom.jpg (20KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
likeababysbottom.jpg
20KB, 720x540px
>>87119236

>Season 4
>it's a Riley shaves his pits episode
>>
>>87117439
>4
>not 6
>>
File: PEUUKe8eX2nx[1].jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PEUUKe8eX2nx[1].jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that Movie Buffy > Show Buffy
>>
File: thehighestdegree.jpg (86KB, 455x675px) Image search: [Google]
thehighestdegree.jpg
86KB, 455x675px
>Buff wearing clothing covered in cherries throughout season 1

Subtle, Joss "If you can't win, force it in" Whedon
>>
Season 2 > Season 1 > season 3 >>>>>>>>>> season 7 >>>> season 6 > season 4 > season 5
>>
>>87114668
Reminder that Sarah Michelle Gellar is one of the few actresses Whedon did not actually fuck.

But then again her career died after Buffy, so maybe she should have been sucking more dick.
>>
>>87120744

I've read she got herself blacklisted from most studios by refusing to promote a flick after the studio took it from the director and butchered it. Sucks 'cause she's a decent actress. Even in shitty films/shows, her characters are usually likable.

I doubt he got Carpenter, either. SMG/CC and Joss are well-rumored to not like each other. Probably he tried and they weren't having it. Neither were interested in his little Shakespeare orgies.
>>
File: predatorandprey.jpg (47KB, 438x612px) Image search: [Google]
predatorandprey.jpg
47KB, 438x612px
>buffy thread
>no ackerfag

What happened? Did he kill himself?
>>
>>87121129
>SMG/CC and Joss are well-rumored to not like each other. Probably he tried and they weren't having it.
I think it's the opposite in Charisma Carpenters case. And in the case of most of the people who don't talk to him anymore. They sucked his dick for the role and obviously that's not a great way to start a friendship. Might also explain why Whedon got so unreasonably vindictive over Carpenter getting pregnant. She was one of his girls.

I think the ones who are still friends with him today are the ones he didn't fuck. Because again, it's hard to be all buddy buddy with your boss when he made you suck his dick for the job. So I think that rules out Alysson Hannigan and Amy Acker.
>>
>>87121129

SMG is that person in your life who always gets into trouble because they try to stick up for people and show some loyalty/decency no matter how much it screws them over. She apparently used to lobby for the crew to be treated better and get more breaks and shit. Really admirable person.

I didn't know she got blacklisted though, that fucking sucks. Makes sense why she did a bunch of off the wall indie flicks in the 2000s though.
>>
>>87114668
>Why do people hate the first season?

Font was shit
>>
>>87121695

There is no way he didn't have some involvement with Acker. She was his main squeeze before Glau. He has a type, and it's petite dark haired girls.
>>
>>87121695

I don't want to come off as defending Whedon because I do think he's shit, but the whole pregnancy thing is way overblown.

Tim Minear and other writers have all come forward and said Cordy was always going to be evil and was always going to die in S4. It had nothing to do with her getting knocked up. The only thing that changed was instead of being Jasmine, she was controlled by and gave birth to her. Yes, they were annoyed she waited so long to tell them, but there is nothing to suggest that motivated them to ruin her character. Especially when it wasn't Cordelia.

The shit he pulled getting her back was pure asshole, though.
>>
>>87121772
I think that involvement only went as far as friendship. Her, Joss, and Alexis Denisof are all close friends to this day, because they all bonded over being theater nerds. She's definitely his type, and I'm willing to bet my left nut he wanted to bone her, but I honestly think they're just friends. Not sure where Hannigan fits into that, but I know she's married to Alexis Denisof so I'd hope he didn't fuck her.

Either way, those two plus SMG are the ones I'm most confident didn't get casting couched. The rest are up in the air as far as I'm concerned.
>>
i watched angel probably about 7 years ago in tnt reruns at 5 am, and liked the show enough to buy the box sets used

just last year after rewatching angel i decided "man, i should really watch buffy, this shit is still good"

what the fuck, i know WHY its so different, but jesus christ why is it so different. im not saying buffy is bad, but overall its worse. probably about 1/4 of angel couldbe considered not good imo, but thats still more good episodes than buffy, and buffy got two more seasons

the mayor, faith, giles, babby wes and cordy, all of that shit is good, but its just mired down in subpar episodes that you need to slog through to enjoy the rest. angel season 5 spike is amazing, yet while going through seasons 3-7 of buffy, i had absolutely no clue how the fuck people liked him, let alone thought he was her "true love" or some shit

dont get me wrong, i enjoyed watching it, but alot of it was harder to get through than it should have been, and not because "omg, its soooo hard to watch spike do the rapes to buffy" but just because it was hard to want to keep watching shitty villains do their shitty story arcs to shitty characters

other than the mayor, the master, and maybe dru, do people honestly like buffys big bads?
>>
>>87121864
>There is no way he didn't have some involvement with Acker
>he literally wrote both her and glau in balarena fantasys for him to watch
>he literally put acker in one with a self insert of him
>he literally cut her scene for glau

he couldnt give two shits about acker once his retarded pet came on the scene
>>
>>87121864

Yeah I honestly can't see SMG having gone through that. She described the casting process once and it was insanely long and tortuous, sounded too realistic to have been "I sucked his dick and got it." Like they apparently had a hell of a time finding the right Buffy.

Willow I could sort of see him having messed with, or wanting to. She was a last minute replacement, and it makes you wonder who wanted her in.
>>
>>87121827
The point I was trying to make is that he went from being good pals with Carpenter, to apparently hating he guts and going out of his way to screw her over. That all seemed to happen after she got pregnant. I think maybe he was a little possessive and didn't like that somebody knocked her up.
>>
>>87121864

Only one I'm 100% Yes about is Dushku.

I'm fairly sure Noxon, too.
>>
>>87121827

How did they think the show would work without her? It makes no sense, she was the only bit of levity and sentiment it had. I get the idea of Angel's journey being a descent into torture to show how committed he was to his journey, but the synergy of the show was just off without her, and it was never more obvious than when she came back that one time and suddenly it felt like Angel again.

Don't get me wrong, I came around to season 5, but it was definitely missing somehting without her.
>>
>>87121884

Angel was meant to be a different type of story, one that feels more 'current', since it's grimdark and about a lone antihero fucking up constantly. Basically every show of the last 15 years.

In contrast Buffy was still about the classic hero's journey and meant to be way, way more lighthearted.
>>
>>87121931
But Acker still appears in his projects. I don't think she got replaced. The ballerina scene in that one episode with Acker might have just gotten cut because she's not that good of a dancer, or the scene just wasn't important.

I seriously cannot see the boss who's dick you had to suck starting out being a close family friend for over a decade. That just doesn't happen.
>>
>>87121989

They never go into that because the story, of course, played out differently than intended. They could add another Cordy to replace her like they did with Spike and Anya on BTVS.

There were a lot of rumors of Charisma being unreliable--not knowing lines, being late, missing marks--that go all the way back to Buffy. Greenwalt was a big reason why she was kept on. Once he left, her days were probably numbered.

If she banged anyone, it was probably David Greenwalt. I don't think she was couched though. The casting director said she was hired because she showed up late for the audition and was basically Cordy about it. Everyone else's fault.
>>
>>87121989
>obvious than when she came back that one time and suddenly it felt like Angel again.
i know not all of 4chan buffy fags like them, but im a massive fan of lindsey and lilah, and his part in that episode was just amazing. hell his part in season 5 was overall just great

honestly, iv watched leverage and the librarians just for him, because he literally plays one character, and its the same as the one in angel
>>
>>87122200
People don't like Lindsey? I always thought he was great.
>>
>>87122111
>The casting director said she was hired because she showed up late for the audition and was basically Cordy about it. Everyone else's fault.

pottery
>>
>>87122200

>checked full house

I liked Lilah and Lindsey. I didn't mind Eve, either, desu.

Cordy never did anything for me on either show. She was alright until S2, I guess. From S3 onward of Angel I couldn't care less.
>>
>>87114668
People hate the first season? Faggots. It all goes to shit after S3 anyway.
>>
>>87122251
theres a few people in buffy threads that voice a large negative opinion of the two of them, and other than that, no one really talks about either

i personally loved both, and think that lilah was an amazing plot arc for wesley

also, as bad as people consider season 4 angel, it proved that wes was a better watcher than giles, and faith was a better slayer than buffy. buffy beat angel "im the protag so it needs to be impossible to beat him till the last 5 minutes of the episode" style, but wes and faith legit beat angelus at his own game
punished wes and repentant faith were both amazing

in fact, angel just made every buffyverse character that was in both series, hands down better
>>
>>87122395

Buffy stomped Angel 3 times. It was never a question of her beating him in a fight, but whether she could bring herself to finally kill him at the end of it.
>>
>>87122506
>>87122395
>that one time buffy punched angel in the face, and almost started crying because he hit her back
like pottery
>>
>>87122549

>angel's show
>everyone acts like a kid

Neither show could write the characters of the other after they split. Angel's super OOC on Buffy and Buffy/Willow are super OOC on Angel.
>>
>watching the show in HD for the first time
>get to the S3 finale

oof, the CGI for the Mayor's final form is baaaaaad. Like, PS1 graphics bad.
>>
File: Lilah_Morgan.jpg (83KB, 614x900px) Image search: [Google]
Lilah_Morgan.jpg
83KB, 614x900px
>>87122200
Lilah was the best and so fucking hot too
>>
>>87122851

I have not bothered to watch in HD. Even in the fixed versions everything is so DNR'd they might as well be cartoons.
>>
Angel 5>Buffy 3>Buffy 4=2>Angel 4=Buffy 5>Angel 3>Buffy 6>Angel 2>Buffy 7>Buffy 1>>>>Angel 1
>>
>>87117439
I enjoyed them all too but 1 is the worst. Internet hyperbole just amplifies everything
>>
>>87121129
>I doubt he got Carpenter, either. SMG/CC and Joss are well-rumored to not like each other.
Carpenter hates Joss because he knocked her up with a bastard then wrote her out of the show when she didn't get an abortion
>>
>>87121695
>So I think that rules out Alysson Hannigan and Amy Acker.
You just want your waifus to be pure

>>87121652
Yes after he found out she sucked Joss's dick
>>
>>87121884
>other than the mayor, the master, and maybe dru, do people honestly like buffys big bads?
Angelus was the big bad of Season 2 faget
>>
>>87122066
Maybe she has stockholm syndrome
>>
>>87122200
>i know not all of 4chan buffy fags like them, but im a massive fan of lindsey and lilah,
They were great and should have been in it more. Also Wes and Lilah>Wes and Fred
>>
>>87122589

Angel was OOC on Buffy to begin with. It's like he suddenly has depth, humor, substance, swagger, etc on his own show. Nothing could have been better for him.

I kind of liked Buffy on his show. I agree the punch thing was stupid, but she seemed...idk, off-balance? More like just a regular 19/20 year old? It was kind of a refreshing change of perspective for her. Something about the scenes on her own show kind of give off this "I own this" self-assured vibe. It's like on Angel she had to actually live in an adult world.

wow I put way too much thought into that rip
>>
>>87122395
Buffy was the best slayer because she's utterly ruthless. She loved angel to the point of obsession and still fucking murdered him right there.
>>
>>87123488

Possible. Getting fucked by a walking thumb has to screw you up.
>>
>>87122589
Buffy on Angel season 1 was heartbreaking.
>>
>>87122851
WELL GOSH

>>87122975
>you will never emotionally abuse her and constantly remind her you're thinking of another woman while fucking her
jdimsa
>>
>>87123530

The after is OOC, not the before. The main problem with that ep is you're apparently supposed to forget everything Faith did because she sheds some tears. It fails on every level.
>>
>>87122851

A lot of the CGI in Buffy is actually surprisingly tolerable, given the circumstances. It's a network show, but not even a big deal network, just one that's dead & buried now. But they somehow managed to make it look semi-passable (for the time). Look at the CGI for Killjoys and Dark Matter, it's not much better 20 years later. lol

Also the mayor's final line makes up for it imo
>>
>>87123630
You don't forgive someone because they deserve it, you forgive them because they need it.
>>
>>87123630

Nah, Angel never had any personality on Buffy in seasons 1-3. He kinda finds his balls by the end of season 3, but even then barely. When he goes to LA he gets a personality transplant and it's a huge improvement
>>
>>87123681

This contradicts what I said, child?

>>87123667

Tell that to me while I'm smothering you with a pillow.
>>
>>87123744

Idk I didn't really understand your "after was ooc, not the before" comment so I made some assumptions.

If you mean the crying part was OOC, that's basically what I was agreeing to already. I just referred to it collectively as 'the punch' because I'm lazy.
>>
>>87123430
Was never really a fan of Hannigan on Buffy, Willow annoyed me. Acker was cute though.

>>87123488
It's possible but I don't think it's likely. If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Acker not being one of Joss's conquests. Honestly the only one I'm sure he did fuck was Dushku, the other ones Whedons wife was talking about might have just been guest stars for all we know.
>>
>>87123801
If we're not memeing, I really don't know if he cheated on her more than once or twice anyway. You can't believe anything either party says in this situation
>>
File: kill me now.png (317KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
kill me now.png
317KB, 720x404px
>>87123579
is it weird i figured out jdimsa (just die in my sleep already) myself. never seen that shorthand before.

or does it actually stand for something else?
>>
>>87123798

Nah, I mean, the establishing story cannot be OOC, only what follows.

Darla is completely different in S1 than on Angel. She's OOC on Angel, not in S1.

It doesn't bother me, though. I agree Angel is a much better character on his own show. I just hated how each became service to the other on crossovers because Joss is a hack. Mostly I just ignore it.

It's one of the reasons I don't get why people say you have to watch both simultaneously. Going from one to the other is night and day in terms of characterization.
>>
>>87123928
No that's what it stand for.
>>
>>87123858
True, you gotta take what she says with a grain of salt, and even though I like some of his shows Whedon is a huge piece of shit, so him cheating on his wife for years is not hard to believe at all.

And like I said, if it was any of them it was Dushku, maybe a guest star here or there, maybe the catering girl or something, but I don't think he was fucking all the main female characters on all of his shows. That's blatant even for Hollywood.
>>
>>87123858

I totally believe his wife. She has no reason to lie and no one, not one of his very good buddies, has backed him up.

That said, the wording gets twisted around. She said he had affairs with actresses, co-workers and fans. His first affair was on the Buffy set, but it could have been someone in either of those categories. I agree, he probably got more bit players than nameable actresses.
>>
>>87124001
>She has no reason to lie
Yeah ex-wives never have reason to lie about their ex-husbands and are totally objective at all times. Whedon strikes me as a pretentious prick and I hate his politics but let's be realistic.
>>
>someone makes thread about buffy
>people talk about shitshow that was angel
never change, tv
>>
>>87124001
>and no one, not one of his very good buddies, has backed him up.
All his good buddies are SJWs that are going to Listen and Believe
>>
>>87123940

I mean sure technically, but not much was really established in terms of personality when he was on Buffy. He was literally just cardboard cutout love interest.

How was Darla different?
>>
>>87124038

The divorce ended a year ago and they'd been separated for 5. She has nothing to gain.

It was Whedon himself talking about sexual conquests. It does not sound like some one time thing.
>>
>>87124038

I think it's clear from her essay that she has no need/desire for attention or personal validation. If that were the case, she would have burned him earlier when she first found out and he was in a much more precarious position career-wise. Now he's too established, as seen by his continued work for WB. Not that this would have gotten him fired necessarily, but it certainly would have closed more doors.

It's possible she embellished, but none of it reeked of being hammed up. I think she's just genuinely disgusted & concerned for the people who might see him as some sort of icon.
>>
>>87124052

It's bound to come up, but this has been mostly Buffy talk.

Which was your favorite era in terms of looks for the characters on buffy, anon?
>>
>>87124070

She was a whiny chick afraid to fight, as opposed to charging in to Holtz's lair on Angel.

>>87124057

They backed him after Ultron.
>>
>>87124100

^ this. Plus the dude could have posted receipts if it was really a massive lie.
>>
>>87124100
>The divorce ended a year ago and they'd been separated for 5. She has nothing to gain.
that makes the sudden disclosure even more suspect. Wants her fifteen minutes of fame I guess.
>>
>>87124052
they're both shit
>>
>>87124119
>I think it's clear from her essay that she has no need/desire for attention or personal validation
Then why make it all public in the first place?
>>
>>87124138

Merely aesthetics? Season 5/6. Refined (i.e. evolved) 90s glory my dude. Earlier seasons were still tainted by 80s shenanigans.
>>
>>87124141
>They backed him after Ultron.
Did they?
>>
>>87124057

I don't think Acker, Hannigan, Noxon and the rest are SJWs.
>>
>>87124212

Anita and Hulk did.
>>
>>87124186

What I just said:
>I think she's just genuinely disgusted & concerned for the people who might see him as some sort of icon.

This isn't timed very well if the aim is to ruin his career. What about last year when he was posting about and making commercials about how disgusting Donald Trump was about women, for the election? That would have KO'd him.

I think she sees him becoming canonized as a feminist hero so she couldn't stand by and say nothing.
>>
>>87124248
I thought Anita threw him under the bus.

>>87124258
>This isn't timed very well if the aim is to ruin his career. What about last year when he was posting about and making commercials about how disgusting Donald Trump was about women, for the election? That would have KO'd him.
She probably hates Trump as much as he does.

>I think she sees him becoming canonized as a feminist hero so she couldn't stand by and say nothing.
He's been losing that status for awhile This is just a "Me too!".
>>
>>87124190

I feel this, but they also felt kinda bland. Like the very early 2000s were the start of the semi-curly wavy look, low rider jeans, those peasant tops or w/e, and the show just made them look so bland. Everyone wore vaguely red or light blue sweaters all the time it seemed.
>>
>>87124293

I didn't know he'd been getting notable flak recently. Where else has he gotten it from recently?
>>
>>87124293

Nah, she called him (or rolled over) and asked if he was OK and all that.
>>
>>87124324

He caught a ton of shit when that WW script leaked. And for insulting those cancer survivors.
>>
File: Angel-LOTD.jpg (48KB, 450x226px) Image search: [Google]
Angel-LOTD.jpg
48KB, 450x226px
infinitely better show
>>
File: leeloo crying.gif (190KB, 600x370px) Image search: [Google]
leeloo crying.gif
190KB, 600x370px
>>87124488
would you like me to lie to you now?

yes please ;_;
>>
>>87124305

Problem in those seasons is the characters stopped dressing up. No school, they rarely went clubbing. When they did, they looked great.
>>
>>87124488
>>87124532
Well it definitely had a better ending thats for god damn sure
>>
>>87124532
No, truth of Illyria is far better than the lie of Fred.
>>
File: hush.jpg (21KB, 615x348px) Image search: [Google]
hush.jpg
21KB, 615x348px
>>87124305
They were bland, mall clothes. It's part of the 90s mythos, I think. Part of the 90s narrative. It has its charm. Especially the early SJW movement aesthetic:
>Lib campus
>Wicca circle
>Chokers
>Lesbianism
>High wasted jeans (leftover from the 80s, still)
I don't know, I was always really drawn to the Willow/Tara ark. Loved it. I guess it all begun in Season 4, particularly the episode Hush (one of the better ones of the entire series, imo).
>>
>>87124369
Yeah after she trashed it.
>>
>>87124629

The movie was shit. Referring to the roasting he got on twitter when he ran off like a baby.
>>
>>87124660
Its flaws were not the ones she said it was.
>>
>>87124680

I don't know. I wouldn't read her thoughts on a movie or game if you paid me.
>>
>>87124488
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P0759cgWBI

makeup looks so good
i hate shit today all CG
>>
Has anybody brought up the fact that Joss obviously fucked Felicia Day
>>
>>87125034
I think everyone just assumed that from day one.
>>
>>87124390

well fuck me, I missed all of this.
>>
>>87124609

Hush is p. awesome. Season 4 in general is not only underrated af, it's also the comfiest season. It kind of meanders and seems to lack momentum in places but it's the only time that truly worked. You got to sick back and take in the aesthetic and have fun. By season 5 it slowed down too much and the show started to feel more like work.

I'm still here for the 98-2000 looks tho, before season 4+

The edge and the sheer audacity of the shit they wore still tickles my pickle to this day.
>>
File: 1470163831659.jpg (931KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
1470163831659.jpg
931KB, 1024x724px
>>87114668
It's a common phenomenon. The first season is good, we all thought it was good when we watched it the first time, if we didn't, there would be no second season. But the problem is, the show just got so much better in later seasons, to go back to the first, it just feels weird, and it is worse, compared to how great it later became.

Idiots often forget that they once enjoyed the first season and their memory is overwritten with their new point of view on the season, and they will do asinine things like tell people to skip the first season. You see this happen with parks and recreation, seinfeld, evangelion(last two episodes).

The point is, never listen to a sperg who tells you of some meme watch order. Don't skip portions or watch in reverse order or whatever they want you to do, they have seen the show and often don't have the ability to remember what it's like to watch something for the first time. Plus there are always plot details and background and so on that you will generally need.
>>
All this fashion talk made me realize the BadBuffyOutfits twitter account has gone silent a while back. Very sad.
>>
>>87114668
>Season 1
>shitty Master as villain
>Xander at peak annoying
>Angel just has a dumb fucking face the whole time
>not nearly enough Cordelia

at least when the other seasons have bad episodes they're fucking goofy later and there's more of a cast
>>
>>87125270
>evangelion(last two episodes).
I hated the last two episodes of Evangelion the first time and have never watched them again tho
>>
>>87127119
well it was obviously too deep for you then

but putting that aside, you obviously enjoyed the show up until then cause it's the greatest, and what kind of retard would enjoy something and then turn it off right before the finale because of some memer?
>>
Fuck off with evangelion, this is comfy /buffy/ time. NGE is hot wet stinky garbage anyway.
>>
File: file.png (46KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
46KB, 350x350px
>>87127292
look at the nice evangelion thermos I am going to buy, I'm getting Asuka because Asuka is the best.
>>
>>87127276
I wish I'd listened to the memes and just watched EoE.
>>
>>87122975
nah man pigtailed and glasses lilah doing a southern accent is best lilah
>>
Who is the Amy Acker of Evangelion?
>>
>>87127341

You didn't miss much
>>
>>87127353
This but only because of the horrible emotional anguish she was masking behind it
>>
>>87127341
you owe everything you have to the last two episodes

you never understood anything
>>
It was "monster of the week" network schlock from the beginning, basically a reminder of how shit tv used to be before Oz. Dropped it after about four episodes.
>>
>>87127388
*chokes u on a scenic beach*
>>
>>87127339
>>
>>87114964
Except Xander. He was never likable.
>>
File: biteme.gif (627KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
biteme.gif
627KB, 240x160px
>>87127416
>>
>>87127465

Yeah he's pure shit. Watching him get an eye poked out is cathartic
>>
>>87127483
Hmmmmmmm *clears throat* ayesssss. Colorful gurrrrrl.
>>
>>87127516
>Did you ever think it's because you're a whore?
Caleb was /ourguy/
>>
>>87127568

Nah he was a caricature of that, and died a few eps later by being bisected from the balls upward by Buffy with an axe made by a secret ancient all-woman magic cult.
>>
>>87127962
Honestly I just like to pretend everything after Dirty Girls didn't happen.
>>
>>87128036

Anything after the Gift except like 3 eps maybe is a mistake.
>>
>>87114668
it's really mediocre
>>
When will they be over with shitty high school drama? It's such a shitty setting.
>>
>>87129211
Season 4
>>
Why didn't they just get Willow, Xander and the rest of normals water guns with holy water in them in order to be somewhat useful?

>>87127465
his love for Buffy was really fucking annoying, even when he had both Willow and Cordelia by him. Like, dude, get over it, you can smash those two and yet you still crave for Buffy? Damn he was retarded. With that being said, I'd still say Buffy was even more fucking annoying than him with her teen drama bullshit.
>>
>>87129356
Buffy was the only one whose drama was justified. She actually went through some shit.
>>
>>87125147
Season 4 is dragged down by the Inshititive
>>
>>87129391
She did, but after season 1 was done you'd think she'd get with the rest of the program and realize she's everything but a normal girl
>>
>>87129211
this isn't a show for you, then.
>>
>>87129418
She did at the end of season 2/beginning of season 3 but everyone shit on her for it.
>>
File: 1498011592734.gif (710KB, 322x265px) Image search: [Google]
1498011592734.gif
710KB, 322x265px
>mfw thread still up since last night
No amypost
What the fuck's wrong with you people?
>>
shitty synthesized music
lore doesn't fit with the rest of the show (vampires can put their hands through the threshhold when not invited)
very low budget
shot in 16mm, looks like shit
>>
>>87129453
Amy is shit, Illyria is all that matters.
>>
>>87129453
I bet her feet taste like magic
>>
File: IMG_1080.gif (599KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1080.gif
599KB, 400x226px
>>87129453
That's why it has been up since last night ,no fredposting.
>>
>>87129566
Why not both
>>
File: Illyria.jpg (109KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
Illyria.jpg
109KB, 500x738px
>>87129566
Watch your mouth there, punk
Illyria is godlike perfection but Amy is the perfection that comes first and brings her to life
>mfw people still worships crappy gods instead
>>87129670
Wrong m8
Last thread I remember with fredposting actually hit the bump limit
>>
>>87129670
>>87129733
Fred is just the compost from which the flower that is Illyria grows
>>
>>87127465
>>87127516
>Xander
>Not likable

numales detected. back when the show aired he was the most likable and relatable character among fans.
>>
>>87129771
Xander is a massive cunt
Literally the only reason he's "friends" with Buffy is because of Willow and overhearing a conversation
>>
File: mai waifu Illyria.png (972KB, 971x673px) Image search: [Google]
mai waifu Illyria.png
972KB, 971x673px
I love Illyria. Best consular province in the Roman Empire.

>>87129771
u wot

Xander is just numale self insertion bait.
>>
>>87129815
>Xander is a massive cunt
explain why
>>
File: Illyria.jpg (779KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
Illyria.jpg
779KB, 2000x3000px
>>87129770
I can get behind the idea of you not liking Fred as a character.
But don't you dare talk shit about Amy
I will fight you
>>87129818
Of course it is. It was named after her didn't you know?
>>
>>87129915
>It was named after her didn't you know?
what really?
>>
>>87129895
>Willow says you should totally kill Angel without hesitation, Buff. Then have sex with me. Word for word, I swear.
>>
>>87129970
Yes, romans already knew she was the best goddess ever
no, not really. I'm just amyposting. Though I really wish Illyria was real, and so the naming of an old realm in her honor would be true as well
>>
>>87130000
>He lied once to not save Chad.
nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>87125147

I just finished season 4 and felt it was way less comfy than the first 3. Nothing beats the coziness of the library scenes with everyone + cordelia and oz around. The only comfy part of season 4 was Willow/Tara, and also Spike.
>>
>>87130197
t. virgin
>>
>Buffy thread without Ackerfag in the middle of the day in UK is great

Who fucking knew
>>
>>87130221
Just like Xander was when he said it.
>>
>>87130197
didn't he lie about willow performing a soul restoration spell so instead of telling her willow was going to give him his soul back he instead said that willow told her to kick his ass.
>>
>>87130308
and there's nothing wrong with it and it doesn't make him an asshole.
>>
>>87130197
So...
Speaking of Chad
Who was the best grill for him?
[ ]Buffy
[ ]Cordelia
[ ]Nina
[ ]Darla

>>87130251
I see though you, you bitter cunt, you're that autistic buffyfag who doesn't like when other people have fun aren't you?
>>
>>87130308
>There's no guarantee that the spell will work
>Willow was already hurt and weak from the last attempt
>Telling Buffy the truth will just cause her to pull her punches.
>Angel deserved to die, regardless of 'muh soul'.

he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>87130336
it's a bit of a dick move if you ask me
>>
>>87130336
>>87130403
Stop samefagging, Harris. you got jailbait in the shitty sequel comics anyway.
>>
>>87130451
how is 19 year old Dawn jailbait?
>>
>>87130373
Honestly the only relationship he had that was actually interesting on the whole was Darla but maybe I'm just a fucked up person.

>>87130462
If they're jailbait once they're jailbait always. Lusting after someone you knew when they were underage but you weren't is a bit weird psychologically tbqh
>>
who was in the wrong here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-PAaHnnMg
>>
>>87130462
>how is 19 year old
She's like four years old you perv.
>>
>>87130508
more like 2 thousand.
>>
>>87130487
>implying Nick Brandon isn't dead and his twin brother doesn't masquerade as him since.
>>
>>87130373
If by that you mean "Do I want to talk about Angel and Buffy in their respective threads, and not 1 of the cast's feet for 400 posts" then yes, I'm probably whoever you think I am
>>
File: time for rape.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
time for rape.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
taking HD Buffy requests.
>>
File: Adam.jpg (86KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Adam.jpg
86KB, 1152x648px
What the FUCK was his problem?
>>
>>87130549
>Do I want to talk about Angel and Buffy in their respective threads, and not 1 of the cast's feet for 400 posts
But that's not what you do is it?
I'm one (1) of the amyposters and I DO talk about other stuff in between since I like both shows as much as anyone else here.
But for some reason it triggers you so much that you're unable to continue talking about the things you say you want to talk, and begin your sperging instead.
You could, I dunno.... talk about Buffy instead?
But you can't can you?
Anon, I really wish you weren't a cunt and we could come to an understanding... But I guess that's off the table isn't it?
>>
>>87130735
>But I guess that's off the table isn't it?
I SHUPPOSE
>>
>>87129895

Angel
>Turned into a vampire who terrorised Europe for a hundred years
>Had his soul returned and spent a hundred more years miserable with guilt
HOW COULD YOU DATE HIM HE'S A MONSTER

Anya
>Choose to become a vengeance demon after turning her boyfriend into a troll who killed her village
>Mutilated/Murdered/Tortured men on the whims of there exes for a thousand years of her own free will.
>Tried (and succeed eventually) to return to her demon ways when she became human
>Didn't show anything resembling remorse for years
MARRY ME
>>
>>87130735
>He doesn't know I've been posting real discussion about both this whole time
>He can't read the posts above from other users which also say how it's a good thing there's been no Amyposting

But you are right in some respects, I really don't want this thread to be derailed any further.

Could you at least appreciate (because I assume we've clashed before) that maybe we've both got different ideas about what these threads could involve, and that it might be incredibly tedious for others to have to filter through endless shitposting which doesn't really have anything to do with the topic?
>>
>>87130954
>it's an anon doesn't realize endless metabitching is shitposting just as much as contentless waifuposting episode
>>
>>87121989

>but the synergy of the show was just off without her

No it wasn't. I adored Cordy as part of Angel's original crew but the synergy was gone long before her death when Wes had his throat slit. I just felt bad about how little I missed Cordy after she went into a coma
>>
File: 1449712226438.png (298KB, 2271x2380px) Image search: [Google]
1449712226438.png
298KB, 2271x2380px
Friendly reminder that a worker from the crew started making hardcore spanking porn during Buffy, the crew including Alyson Hannigan and SMG were eager to watch the latest pics of cute female butts spanked until they bleed and the script started to include lots of mentions about spanking because of that.
>>
>>87130774
>>87130954
Amy posts hardly cause any damage or disrupt threads and if anything they usually help them, as I at least, try to keep them on topic.
I'm sorry that fag is such a bitter cunt, I really do. Can't say I didn't try the nice way though...

So I'm gonna post Amy whenever I damn feel like, even if that triggers him every time

But enough is enough. This is going nowhere apparently and it's not helping, so this is my last post about this.
Feel free to reply to this but please don't. Better get back to topic instead.
>>
>>87123521

For real. I thought the beginning parts of season 4 were unironically sweet for their coupling. Even back then it never crossed my mind that Lilah might be working an angle on him.

>If I thought you ever trusted me, I wouldn't have it in me to betray you (paraphrasing)
>>
>>87131132
What's your favourite MOTW from each series?

Hard Mode: No Gentlemen
>>
>>87131321
>Even back then it never crossed my mind that Lilah might be working an angle on him.
You poor naive bastard.

It was sweet, though.
>>
>>87131335
Those telepathic dudes in season 3 because I briefly thought it would lead to some hot forced TF fetish action on SMG

anything that impregnated Cordy in Angel is a runner up
>>
>>87122200

It was spoiled for me that Lindsey would be dead before the end, so it really caught me off-guard that instead of it being a case of taking one for the team, Angel just had him killed off in such a cold fashion. Upset me more than Wes honestly since as hard as it was to see him die there was beauty in his last scene. Lindsey's was just bitter and confused, one of my favourite scenes of the finale now on re-watches.
>>
>>87131415
>Lindsey's was just bitter and confused, one of my favourite scenes of the finale now on re-watches.

>You...YOU kill me?!

right there with you man
>>
>>87131335
Does Anya count as MOTW?
Because she had her introduction as a momentary problem that got bigger than expected on the parallel universe thing
>>
>>87131549
Why not

For me I actually love Sweet from OMWF. Nice change of pace from the usual.
>>
>>87130836
Anya falling for Xander was probably the biggest plot hole there was. his cheating was the reason she came to Sunnydale and lost her powers in the first place, but 'date me because reasons'. I guess that's the type of discrepancies that happen when you get a role from sucking Whedon's dick.
>>
File: goingup-muted.webm (911KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goingup-muted.webm
911KB, 1280x720px
>>
Why is everyone assuming Joss cheated on his wife with other women?

>implying Nicholas Brendan and David Boreanaz didn't get casting couch'd
>>
>>87132265
Brendan was already raped as a child, he won't let it happen again.
>>
Anyone else liked that episode with the First Slayer and the dream stuff?
I'm a sucker for psychedelic/dream episodes
>>
>>87132317
Did you see the guy with the cheese?
>>
>>87132317
>Anyone else liked that episode with the First Slayer and the dream stuff?
you mean the episodes that's on the top 10 episodes list almost everywhere? yea i think some people liked it.
>>
Currently re-watching both Angel and Buffy and it's really jarring when they re-use actors
>>
File: Buffy-training-with-stake[1].jpg (49KB, 1498x874px) Image search: [Google]
Buffy-training-with-stake[1].jpg
49KB, 1498x874px
>>87120200
this T B H
>>
File: cheese for everyone.jpg (24KB, 442x442px) Image search: [Google]
cheese for everyone.jpg
24KB, 442x442px
>>87132426
I keep thinking the cheese has some meaning in fantasy worlds. This guy is literally the Buffyverse's Sheogorath (google if you don't know him)
>>87132694
I see... still ask because it gets rarely mentioned.
>>
>>87132856
It was a reasonable episode, I don't mind tripping balls, but I think it would have been better placed somewhere else. Not that I can even think where it would go.

I think it takes away from the previous episode which feels like it should be the finale, and it sort of meanders a bit and then *poof* series finished
>>
>>87132800
I like that they just rolled with it with Cecily/Halfreck and made them the same person.
>>
How do people feel about the Buffy bottle episode?
>>
>>87133356
really showcased how bad Anya's actress is.
>>
>>87133356
the what episode
>>
>>87127416
Monster of the week is great.
>>
>>87134090
The one where Buffy rapes willow with a bottle. A classic, really.
>>
>>87130487
Not only is Xander basically Chandler Bing, Nicholas Brendan is also Matthew Perry. Interesting.
>>
>>87131102
Let me rephrase, it was off after the first half of season 3, when she basically stopped being cordy for the most part. So by the end of season 4 it's hard to grieve much since it had been so long.

Still, her in season 5 made that glaringly obvious.
>>
>>87129771

He's literally author insert for whedon, and you all hate him for being the nuest of numales

At least keep your shit consistent ffs
>>
>>87127364
Hotaru or Ritsuko
>>
>>87129413

Yeah the season arc is weak, but all the one offs are what make it. It doesn't feel like some inevitable sprint. It's like the year everyone wanders around and figures shit out. Very relatable. Kind of room to breathe. It was when the slowdown began in the show tho, so that's another weak point
>>
>>87120744
She was in Cruel Intentions and the first 2 grudge movies, she did pretty well for herself.
>>
>>87134894
Cordy's death was gradual and delivered in small doses.
First they make her do out of character things, then we learn she was evil and we start to dislike her. Finally we never see her again because coma and finally she dies on a last farewell episode for a character that had been agonizing for quite some time.
That's why it's not as sad as the other deaths like Fred, who only was happy with Wesley for one episode and they they rip her away in the most brutal possible way. Wesley was a ripple of that same as well. And there was also Buffy's mom with that episode where she's suddenly gone as well.
Am I forgetting anyone?
Ah yes Anya. Why does nobody care for Anya dying?
>>
>>87135315
>being sad Fred died when it gave birth to our Lord and Saviour Illyria
>>
File: DVDCaptures_516-0184.jpg (44KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
DVDCaptures_516-0184.jpg
44KB, 1024x576px
>>87135716
Even Illyria was sad that Fred died later.
And it's a long way to find out they actually became one, and it's only implied in the show. My faith remains strong.
>tfw Knox knew it all along
>>
File: Fred.png (1MB, 1332x832px) Image search: [Google]
Fred.png
1MB, 1332x832px
Reminder that Fred's death was undone and she now shares her body with Illyria
>>
>>87135315
I care that Anya died, but it's literally on screen for 2 seconds maximum and you barely have time to register the fact that a main cast member has died because it's a quick flash and EVERYTHING else is going on
>>
>>87136047
Damn right she does.
As it was always meant to be
Couldn't be more delighted
>>
>>87114668
>>87115396
YES. Season 1 was definitely the most comfy season. S2 and 3 may have been more interesting, exciting, etc, but let's face it. Buffy has always been pretty boring, I mean the stakes are never high. IMO the show is at its best the comfier it gets.
>>
>>87136047
Double dose of waifu
>>
>>87136043
Comics aren't canon
>>
>>87136592
for you
>>
>>87136620
If I lied to you now, would you die?
>>
>>87136737

It would be extremely temporary
>>
>>87136947
You're a big nerd
>>
>>87136947
I was gonna say heartbreaking
>>
>>87136995

Thank you

>>87137029

lol sorry. I'll delete it if you want
>>
>>87136047

Is it a jekyll and hyde situation?
>>
>>87130682
He was literally /pol/, smart but not smart enough to realize he's fucking retarded
>>
>>87136047
Does that mean I can impregnate them at the same time?
>>
>>87137090
Kind of. At first Illyria was very angry and confused as Fred was resisting her, but now it's working out, Illyria comes out when there's something she wants to say or someone to rekt, they seem to be working together now
>>
>>87135315
Everyone was jealous of Anya so fuck that bitch. Jiles's woman whatever her name was. Miss Calendar. Rip his virginity.
>>
File: Charisma-Carpenter-66.jpg (142KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Charisma-Carpenter-66.jpg
142KB, 1024x768px
>>87137253
Damn the comics are such garbage.

Why not resurrect Wesley instead? he was too good for this world
>>
File: eliza_dushku_dollhouse_Dla1Nqw.jpg (496KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
eliza_dushku_dollhouse_Dla1Nqw.jpg
496KB, 2048x1365px
>>87135315
>Ah yes Anya. Why does nobody care for Anya dying?

She was a Cordelia wannabe but with autism instead of narcissism.

She had the charisma of a young hillary clinton.
>>
>>87137318

Didn't he get the same treatment as Lilah in the comics? Ghost representative of W&H? I think I'm gonna finally give them a shot, no matter how shit I'm finally hungry again for new Angel material
>>
>>87137318
Got more?
>>
File: BuffyAngel-AprMay2007-003.jpg (226KB, 1078x1385px) Image search: [Google]
BuffyAngel-AprMay2007-003.jpg
226KB, 1078x1385px
>>87137234
>tfw you probably would get instantly obliterated before getting anywhere near her
>>87137318
There is yet hope for it, and now Fred's back I hope they consider it.
I don't care how shitty some stuff is, I'm just glad they have more Illyria.
>>
>>87135315
>>87137364
Anya died? Only now that you mention it I recall that Xander was alone on the last season, but I have absolutely no recollection of what happened to the bitch.
>>
>>87137421
>>87137318
She got some pretty awful fake tits and showed them off in really fucking awful shit movies past her prime.
>>
>>87137556
will check them out
how much screen time did she have in Angel?
>>
>>87137547
She got cut in half during the very last episode.

Nobody cared, and I mean that literally, the characters barely reacted to her death.
>>
>>87135315
>>87137279
I meant Tara there. Nobody gave a fuck about Anya.

>>87137547
she got it good with a sword.

>>87137598
uhhh like 4 seasons worth of screentime as main character?
>>
>>87137630
sweet.
>>
File: Charisma_Carpenter15.jpg (204KB, 925x1129px) Image search: [Google]
Charisma_Carpenter15.jpg
204KB, 925x1129px
>>87137556
Her tits used to be small but not as small as SMG.
>>
>>87137598
S1,2,3, about half of 4 and 1 episode of 5
>>
>>87137663
more more more
>>
File: burn_notice_charisma.jpg (148KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
burn_notice_charisma.jpg
148KB, 1280x720px
>>87137663
Yeah, I mean still fucking hot but damn she was already the hottest. Awful actress but had the charisma.
>>
>>87137384
I think so, can't remember why he got dicked though over the other guys? any explanation to why he's rotting in hell?
>>
File: 1503317487823.jpg (92KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
1503317487823.jpg
92KB, 750x563px
>>87137705
Just google her name dude

there's even nudes: one photoshoot session and another in a movie (but she's kinda old in that one)
>>
>>87137786
you might have super duper rare Charisma pics Google doesn't offer, you never know
>>
>>87137384
>>87137773
Wesley was Angel's liaison to the Senior Partners while LA was in hell
When time was reversed he stayed dead since he died before the alley and hasn't been seen since
>>
>>87122200

People love both of them, if anyone bitched about them it's just a one off. They're great antagonists.
>>
>>87114668
People hate the first season? Didn't even know that. It doesn't start going down hill till season 4 and it pretty much hits rock bottem there.
>>
File: 3763363-2405808738-xande.jpg (188KB, 1296x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3763363-2405808738-xande.jpg
188KB, 1296x1600px
>>87114668
Let's talk about Xander
>In the beginning he is meant to be the male character with more heart than brains but who nonetheless has a keen instinct about immediate threats and their potential for danger
angel
>Is meant to be somewhat comic relief but also a masculine character, gains magical commando powers
Then
>Loses any kind of masculinity and become comic relief bullshit
>Instead of being a guy with more heart than brains, he just becomes someone with no brains, talent, or overall significance

Wtf how did Joss Whedon fuck up his character development so much?
>>
>>87138537
Season 4 is great overall. It has a garbage main storyline with the initiative and Riley, BUT has some of the best MOTWs in the series (Hush), has a Spike arc and a comfy haven at Giles' house.

The series went bad in season 6 imo, even Once More with Feeling couldn't redeem it.
>>
>>87130373

I used to be a strong buffy/angel guy when I was younger but honestly, darla seemed like only woman if/when she was human that loved him. Not in a first love kind of way but a sustained, put up with your shit and still love you kind of way.

Buffy can never be that woman despite them being drawn together and I think her destiny will always prevent her from being that for someone which will have her dying alone. Spike/Angel will never truly 'have her' No matter how comics play out.

So after a long thought journey about it, Darla. Cordelia was down for the cause but ultimately it would never have worked.
>>
>>87138821
This. Season 4 and 5 have shitty main arcs but lots of good standalone episodes. 6 and 7 are just shit.
>>
>>87127465

True, but he was comparatively most likable in S1. He's scene cancer in 2-7.
>>
>>87129771
>numales detected
>for not liking a literal numale
Ever tried making sense?
>>
>>87132265

Because he wrote a letter corroborating at least some of what she said?
>>
>>87129771
he's such a fucking retard most of the times, if only he'd become fucking useful and wasn't such a queer about everything Buffy related.
>>
>>87138731
>Wtf how did Joss Whedon fuck up his character development so much?

He refused to sleep with him.
>>
>>87138731
Xander peaked pretty well, I think. Like originally his
>keen instinct
was basically pure cowardice but he still went into danger for his friends. By the later seasons he was comic relief BUT he was kind of a badass normal. He could stake regular vamps without much work and had his military leftovers but literally everyone else had superpowers. Also he was totally macho standing up to angel and spike every fucking time and getting his ass beat.
>>
>>87137786
she has such a cute smile, too bad her resting face is a turn off.
>>
>>87129771
He's a beta orbiter.

Even when he gets a girlfriend he still orbits Buffy.
>>
File: Charisma6.jpg (83KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Charisma6.jpg
83KB, 1024x768px
>>87139145
he had this and wanted Buffy? Come on mate, what the fuck is going on in that little head of yours?
>>
>>87139208
I live near Savannah, which somehow has a ridiculous population of insanely hot black girls.
She is like a 5.
>>
Comic relief forced ally Spike was best boy.
>>
>>87137725
> but had the charisma.
that's a given.
>>
Been watching it myself on season 5 now, really good. So many episodes
>>
>>87139246
Spike was probably the most interesting vamp character in the show.
>>
>>87139244
unless you post representative pics nobody's gonna believe you
>>
>>87139244
>Savannah
Like the show that was canceled and was replaced by Buffy?
>>
>>87139244
>black
What. Do you even know who we are talking about, or are you just going by that picture where she's somewhat tanned?
>>
>>87139261
>So many episodes
that's an interesting statement.
>>
File: Charisma_Carpenter13.jpg (241KB, 812x1199px) Image search: [Google]
Charisma_Carpenter13.jpg
241KB, 812x1199px
>>87139244
She's part native american, not black
>>
>>87139208

She wouldn't sleep with him and Cordy was a cunt even after her "character evolution".
>>
>>87139393
Her irredeemable cuntiness was great though, like even throughout Angel she was just that stuck up high school bitch only later on and a failure.
>>
>>87139145
>Even when he gets a girlfriend he still orbits Buffy.

in fairness Buffy is the center of the universe
>>
>>87139490
Nah, they messed up her character.

She's too nice and organized in Angel. She's even the one who comes up with the idea of founding a detective agency.
>>
File: SamuelJohnson_1479794c.jpg (14KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
SamuelJohnson_1479794c.jpg
14KB, 460x288px
>>87139132
>Was basically pure cowardice
>Buffy becomes a bitch and almost gets Willow killed
>Xander "If she's hurt I will kill you" he said with a dead serious look in his eyes
>Zombie badass has a bomb ticking away 30 seconds before it blows with Xander in the room
>Xander: "Blow it up. Make my day punk" doesn't sweat, and in fact smiles
>All of this was cowardice
Suuuuure buddy
>>
>>87139373
My bad.
Looked black as fuck in that pic.
>native american
explains the manface though
>>
>>87139555
Because she knew she could pressure angel into paying her for him doing all the work.

>>87139569
ORIGINALLY was cowardice. He became pretty hardcore by like season 3.
>>
File: confederate-pepe-2.jpg (52KB, 960x606px) Image search: [Google]
confederate-pepe-2.jpg
52KB, 960x606px
>>87139244
>Black
Week
>I live in Savannah and think black women here are hot
If you like crusty sluts and fatasses , sure.
>>
>>87139549

Xander never even seemed to like the girls around him except for Willow. He didn't even seem to like Anya most of the time.
>>
>>87139593
>Implying anyone wants to take advice on looks from race play fetish fags
M8 your types get off on screwing as many x type of racial woman you can
>>
>>87139555
true

its hilarious that Buffy had to take a part time job to pay the bills while Angel was the CEO of a transnational evil corporation

just more evidence that Buffy was retarded for not charging her costumers
>>
>>87139607
Except even before that in season 1 and 2 he still had all the hints of developing into a badass, but after these two examples he become pathetic as fuck.

You'd think after being possessed by a hyena demon and becoming a commando soldier who infiltrated a military base and stole a rock launcher would have some sort of residual bad assery beyond getting the effort award for standing up to people and getting his ass kicked.
>>
>>87137149
>He was literally /pol/, smart but not smart enough to realize he's fucking retarded

no, that's Warren
>>
>>87139766
same thing was up with Giles, he was made to be your run of the mill nerd, but later in season 2 we get to know he's an actual badass, but he's still that clumsy old librarian most of the times. I wonder what the show would look like if it was written by someone competent.
>>
>>87139847
And he can sing too aparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPgZ0loXuc4

Why is Giles wasting his time in such a low-pay high-risk job again?
>>
out for a walk

bitch
>>
>>87139766
He really was a badass... for a regular human. He regularly went on patrol and staked vamps without breaking a sweat and all that shit. He didn't have superpowers beyond acquiring RPGs.
>>
>>87139911
>me me a me
>tumblr

also
>"a" is a word.
>>
>>87139916
I still don't get it why he didn't take a fucking water gun and filled it with holy water.
>>
I declare this the first successful Buffyverse thread in about 6 months
>>
>>87139963
Were there even any churches/holy peeps in sunnydale? Like.... ever?
>>
>>87139916
Vamps seemed to be somewhat soft fleshed in Buffy, though. I remember he even once staked one with a dull wooden crutch.
>>
>>87139982
>Crosses work
>holy water work
>show acts like religion is evul.
>>
>>87140007
Yeah, I think the key point in fighting vampires was actually not dying/getting bit rather than difficulty in actually killing them. And they get exponentially more difficult in groups/with leaders.
>>
>>87139964
we had good ones a month ago

>>87139982
Also, why didn't the characters carry the crosses every single time they were out at night? The show wasn't rather consistent on that part, either. Not to mention how Buffy didn't use the crossbow that much, simply went with fists and stakes.
>>
>>87140007
vamps were very inconsistent

in one episode Buffy had trouble finishing one of those ubervamps and in the last episode they go down faster than random mooks
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457KB, 600x450px
>>87139916
M8, he forgot how to disassemble and assemble pistol. A beat cop or your average rural american is more badass than Xander.

He had potential to be the Van Hellsing of the series but instead he was knocked off to comic relief.
>>
>>87140014
>show acts like religion is evul
When?
>>
>>87140079
Caleb
>>
>>
>>87139630
Xander should have been the one to go gay instead of Willow.
>>
>>87139847
Also this. Giles was a bit of a disappointment to.
>>
>his smile
>gone
>>
>>87140139
that would have made all the Xander/Spike interactions totally different. Or... totally the same. Spike was always pretty gay.
>>
>>87139847
meanwhile Wesley started as wussier than Xander and Giles put together and look where he ended up.
>>
>>87140149
I'd be interested into seeing a remake with a competent writer, but doubt it would ever happen, let alone be good.

>>87140174
Spike was the coolest.
>>
>>87140171
But I the arrest photo he is smiling.
>Forget you took prescription drugs
>Drink
Who does this?
>>
>>87140208
He faked it for a while but then he went totally sacrifice your best friend's son to save the earth badass

>>87140220
Spike was amazing but he was always sort of stalking the scoobies and Spike/dru + spike/buffy were obviously doomed. He could have settled down with Xander. They were like odd couple as roomies but not bad, cute couple.
>>
>>87140045
I seem to recall at least one vamp getting staked by accident by Xander or another normal human (I could be misremembering and it was one of Buffy's countless casual stakings). It's like as long as you push the stake towards the center of the chest, you're golden.
>>
>>87140139
He almost was according to Whedon
>>
>>87140305
yeah they're just sorta melty there
>>
>>87140272
that would actually be amusing to see, but I still want a remake with someone competent doing it to see how the show would have turned out if Joss wasn't such a fucking retard using the show as a fap material, but that would also take one of it's strong points, bitches and camp.
>>
>>87140321
What stopped him?
>>
>>87140368
>>87140321
I just discovered "Spander" and now I regret having these thoughts. The internet is an awful place.
>>
>>87140414
nothing, he just picked willow
>>
>>87140434
>>
>>87140432
yeah, shipfags are the worst with their fanfic bullshit.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.