[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT movies /tv/ tricked you into watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: raw.jpg (84KB, 1000x1428px) Image search: [Google]
raw.jpg
84KB, 1000x1428px
This movie sucks. It has no likable characters, everyone has just "asshole" as their only character trait. The music was only memorable because of how awful it is. The sound editing was terrible too, there were times when you could barely hear the characters talking.
But worst of all, it wasn't scary, even thought its supposed to be a horror film.
>but it's a muh metaphor for teenage sexual awakening
even as a character study on sexual awakening it fails at that. Justine was so bland and unmemorable, coupled with the confusing and jarring editing that jumps between scenes that the movie was just a garbled mess. The only good thing about it was that it had 2 or 3 good shots of cinematography but otherwise it's not worth anyone's time
>>
She's a cute! A CUTE!
>>
File: 1503591197905.png (214KB, 445x528px) Image search: [Google]
1503591197905.png
214KB, 445x528px
>actually listening to /tv/
>>
>it's not supposed to be a horror film
>the characters are actually pretty realistic in terms of personality
That's how French people behave. t. French.
The fact that literally everything is a metaphor in the film did annoy me though. It's still a pretty good movie overall though.
>>
>>87101765
I liked it but I was annoyed by how non-scary it was as well. I know they just slap the "horror" label on it to draw an audience but it's really just a drama.
>>
>>87101765
Honestly, the movie was probably worth watching for this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fITx45PodIM
>>
I don't get metaphors
Explain the metaphors in this movie to me please
>>
>>87101765
Wait it was a horror?
I thought it was a comedy WTF??
>>
>>87102910
vegetarian = virgin, fill in the gaps.
>>
>>87101765
It's kino, the ultimate pleb filter.

>>87102851
great song desu, the album (shake shook shaken) is even better.
>>
File: rawpepe.jpg (198KB, 2560x1053px) Image search: [Google]
rawpepe.jpg
198KB, 2560x1053px
There's a rare pepe on the protagonist's wall. I've debated contacting the director about it through her agency.
>>
>>87103083
You should debate about killing yourself
>>
File: 1494248600882.jpg (410KB, 1352x896px) Image search: [Google]
1494248600882.jpg
410KB, 1352x896px
the last two scenes shouldve been cut and it shouldve ended in the shower tbqh
i think the fact that it affected both of the sisters already implied their mother, who also went to the same school, had it. so the ending was kind of pointless

other than that i guess it was okay
>>
>>87103337
julia pls
>>
>>87101765
>first complaint is that the movie has no likable character
ultimate pleb
>>
Does she get naked, and/or engage in lesbian sex?
>>
>>87103017
The sisters and the mother are nymphos and the father a cuck?
>>
>>87103870
Yes, and No. Also she was like 16 at the time of filming you SICK FUCK, THAT'S SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER
>>
>>87103870
She gets naked with her sister
>>
>>87103912
you could interpret it a few ways I suppose, I basically saw the meat-eating as a catch-all metaphor for "indulgence" -- Justine was a virgin but we could also assume she didn't drink to excess or do drugs and that she was relatively "normal". Her mother was insistent that she remain a vegetarian but we learn later that the mother is a cannibal and occasionally feeds on the father -- this reminded me of how recovering alcoholics will tell their kids to exercise extra caution around alcohol because of the genetic component that often contributes to addiction.

The mother could be a nympho but I see that more as symbolic of the mother being an addict, who never fully "indulges" (the father is still alive, but she relapses, or has mental issues stemming from some kind of addiction, and the father is scarred from being her primary emotional support). Both the daughters go off to university where their parents are powerless to keep them from getting lit and laid every day and their addiction is able to manifest. This could be sex addiction, alcoholism, drug addiction, etc, all represented as cannibalism.
>>
File: frenchfu.webm (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
frenchfu.webm
3MB, 640x266px
>>87101869
she is literally the sex
>>
>>87101765
>iZombie
>that movie about a bunch of neckbeards that make some kind of combustor for NASA
>that movie about the guy who lived forever and was jesus
>mad men season 2
>>
>>87102416
The director said the exact same shit, she doesn't know why people calling it a horror
>>
>>87106882

It is horror, it's just not scary.
>>
File: hair.webm (3MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
hair.webm
3MB, 960x400px
I got really mad at the start
no way seniors behave like that to newcomers it felt like some other world
and the hair scene was too gross
>>
>>87107241
Oh fuck me, now I'm getting Escape from Tomorrow flashbacks.

DON'T WATCH IT, that film is actually fucking garbage.
>>
This movie is good. I like it.
>>
Mad Max Fury Road and something else that was such forgettable shit I can't even remember what it was. Not falling for this board's shit taste a third time. I started taking everything said on here with a grain of salt and it's worked so far. For example someone said Prisoners is better than Shot Caller, and it was.
>>
>>87107241
>it felt like some other world
in a MOVIE? WOW
>>
>>87101765
>european kino too much to handle for burgerlandman
>>
>>87107821
>euroshit only makes 500,000 worldwide
>kino
>too much to handle
Keep telling yourself that. At least the burgers can make money from their movies
>>
File: abbeyleebars.jpg (229KB, 660x931px) Image search: [Google]
abbeyleebars.jpg
229KB, 660x931px
>>
>>87108207
>At least the burgers can make money from their movies

Hmmmm not so sure about that really. Its been a year of flops and high profile failures so far and box office numbers in general are falling for all types of films. Once the capeshit bubble bursts Hollywood is truly fucked
>>
>>87107241
Apparently med/vet schools in France are notorious for how fucked their hazing rituals are and a lot of the stuff in the film is par for the course. French anons pls confirm.
>>
>>87107241
>The dangers of eating ass the Jews don't want you to know about
>>
>>87104703
Yes indulgence fits far better than just sex. Under this interpretation the film seems quite conservative.
>>
>>87101765
>director and star are underweight
>every fat person in the film is evil and/or really stupid
lel
>>
>>87101765

if you think the movie was supposed to be a horror movie you are a pleb
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.