[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: aliencov.jpg (87KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
aliencov.jpg
87KB, 1382x2048px
What went wrong?
>>
Prometheus 2 with Xenomorph tacked on
>>
File: run.jpg (98KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
run.jpg
98KB, 1382x2048px
Great casting but the script let it all down.
>>
Ridley pussyfooted with the idea of making a true sequel to Prometheus and instead concocted a half-baked sequel that just muddles the storyline even further.
>>
Nothing, the fanbase just doesn't know what they want.
>>
>>87099849
Nobody wants a shitty movie like Covenant Ridley. Fuck off.
>>
>>87099452
Cameron stepped in. It all went downhill.
The only chance they had to make kinos is to bring more Gieger into this. Less anthropomorphic and more freaky shit of creepy master.
Instead of it we got:
>Aliens
fucking pew pew starship troopers (cast was amazing though)
>Alien 3
everything went wrong except Ripley's haircut
>Resurrection
piece of shit
>both AVP
fanfic level of quality, it would be good as DIY youtube flick
>Prometheus
Ridley is a senile hack
>Covenant
How did he even got a budget for this shit?
>>
>>87100142

Ridley is shit.

They should have left a space between Prometheus and Covenant. Have Prometheus be the off-shoot storyline and Covenant be the direct precursor to Alien.

Instead they completely and utterly fucked everything.
>>
>>87100142
>>87100339
Prometheus and Covenant were completely unneeded films. I get what he's trying to do, but the themes he's pushing exceed his and the writer's ability to turn them into a screenplay.
>>
>>87099866
I'm a millionaire filmmaker and you're a loser on 4chan though ;)
>>
>>87100339
they tried to marvel the alien franchise to stretch out the prequels to like 50 movies before the story caught up to alien.
>>
>>87099505
I hate that this image always gives me a boner.
>>
Ridley went full George Lucas.
>>
>>87100495

I'm aware. It's still shit.

All Marvel flicks, save Avengers, are offshoots. Prometheus should have been the GotG of it looking at it from that perspective.
>>
>>87099452
Internet happened. Everybody started to have an opinion to share, which is okay, but people stopped ignoring retards and started to take them serious. That degraded info sharing a lot. Internet could have been a blessing to mankind. Now only a small part actually use it and gain. The rest became even more retarded. And Flat Earth is proof of that.
>>
all movies featuring aliens have to have mystery to it, a lot of unknowns. with alien they ruined it by showing who/what the space jockey was and even worse showing that the fucking alien itself is just a human by-product.

things like that have to stay a mystery. like in 'the thing'. they don't show what the alien really is, where it came from, why it's doing what it's doing, how and why it ended up crashing. it's just a ship, crashed somewhere, and the alien is killing people in secluded unfamiliar locations.
>>
>>87101125
Pretty much, the criticisms of it I see are always people missing absolutely anything which is implied but not stated out loud, or complaining about shit like "whycomes he look in the egg?" apparently having not seen the original Alien. Prometheus and Covenant are great films and easily the best sci-fi films from this decade (admittedly that last part isn't saying much).
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.