[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck did i just watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: CZp95Iu.png (3MB, 1856x2180px) Image search: [Google]
CZp95Iu.png
3MB, 1856x2180px
What the fuck did i just watch?
>>
>>87095534
Godzilla vs. Japanese Bureaucracy
>>
>>87095605
>>87095534
Sauce lads?
>>
>>87095710
Shin Godzilla. Good film.
>>
Does anyone know where I can find a subtitle track for this movie that includes subtitles for the different character titles?
>>
>>87095830
Maybe its because i had retardedly bad subs, but i hated the whole second half. The slow buildup works but the 40 min between each godzilla appearance is agonizing. Especially when its so dull.
>>
>>87095534
KNHO.
You watched KNHO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whlvY2RGDuo
>>
>>87095869
the internet
if it worked for me it should work for you too
stop being lazy
>>
>>87095886
>Shin Godzilla
>Dull

Watch more movies
>>
>>87098918
100 minutes of bureaucracy is dull, faggot.
>>
Japanese Kino: "We must not lose focus of who we are as a nation, and solve our issues ourselves"
American flicks: "Globalism is good! Diversity is strenght!"

Why are the nips so based.
>>
>>87095534
Was those things going to be Godzilla's next evolution. In the movie they mention that his body was capable of rapid change and even shrinking

Was Godzilla trying to save himself by becoming humanoids?
>>
>>87099697
The nips won by working as an intelligent hroup, so godzillas evolution was to copy that behavior.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170830-205928.png (706KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170830-205928.png
706KB, 1920x1080px
WATASHI WA AKUTINGU
>>
I really loved this movie, first movie in 5 years I chose to purchase instead of just torrenting.

I hope Hollywood burns to the ground and is replaced by a superior foreign industry.
>>
>>87099216
But its interesting.
>>
>>87095886
i loved every second of military tanks strapped with cameras, shooting off real practice rounds instead of FUCKING CGI
>>
>>87095534
give torrent pls

or guide me to movie torrent sites, I fucking forgot which ones I used to use because I come to /tv/ to talk about movies I don't watch
>>
File: Miku_Pantsu.jpg (53KB, 668x668px) Image search: [Google]
Miku_Pantsu.jpg
53KB, 668x668px
>>87099885
Nya
>>
>>87099925
nyaa has it? thanks
Why does nyaa has live action films? Don't answer, its a rhetoric question. I will leave now to watch it so you fags don't spoil it for me. Bye guys
>>
>>87095534
One of the best Godzilla movies
>>
>>87099885
Piratebay
Nyaa.si
Or just googling "nameOfMovie torrent"
>>
>>87099388
You realize that the movie is a poor satire on how supposedly inept the Japanese government is, right?

>>87099862
Even the most praising critiques of the movie agree that the constant boardroom meetings were needlessly long and too wordy.

The only reason it's interesting is because it's in a language you don't understand, and the only reason Japan gave it so much praise was because Toho owns most of the critics here, and also because Japs are a proud people that had to have a better movie than Godzilla 2014. This is despite the fact that the movies are largely the same, just switch out american army scenes with poorly-written board meetings, both of which have nearly the same impact in their respective film.
>>
File: 1481639999367.jpg (154KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481639999367.jpg
154KB, 900x900px
>>87100203
The boardroom scenes were the entire point of the film. It's a political thriller about a natural disaster and an incompetent government.

You're supposed to feel like they're an absurd waste of time, because that's the message. Our democracies have become infested with career politicians, turned into molasses by procedure and red tape, and are actively trying to suppress young energetic public servants because they'll become a threat to the people in power.

Godzilla isn't the real monster of Shin Godzilla, modern government is. The message is 'stop talking and start working together'.
>>
>>87099763
I'm ashamed to say I didn't figure it out myself. But I looked it up and found it a fascinating conclusion. Awesome flick.
>>
>>87100319
>the scene where they go to a different room to have a government council only to adjourn it five minutes later
>in the midst of a national crisis
Yeah the movie made some good points
>>
>>87100203
You are the kind of people who would love more kills in Mr Smith goes to Washington.
>>
>>87100319
>The boardroom scenes were the entire point of the film.
This is exactly why the film is mediocre.

>It's a political thriller about a natural disaster and an incompetent government.
There is no "thriller" part of the movie. If you actually spoke Japanese you'd know that the lines that are delivered aren't written very well (not poorly acted, or delivered, that's fine). This is to the point that they're in the movie to be a completely unsubtle jab at a government that was faced with an impossible scenario and was forced to deal with it using means that weren't readily apparent. The difference is that the Tōhoku earthquake and the Fukushima disaster were handled as best as they could be during a massive earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear disaster.

>Our democracies have become infested with career politicians, turned into molasses by procedure and red tape, and are actively trying to suppress young energetic public servants because they'll become a threat to the people in power.
The movie did a very poor job of conveying this, considering that Patterson was the biggest career politician and she was one of the youngest people in the movie.

>The message is 'stop talking and start working together'.
The message is "Our government sucks because there was an impossible task that required impossible solutions and they didn't figure those solutions out fast enough."

It's actually incredible to see foreigners talk about this movie as if it's some stellar commentary on a hot-topic. It's basically and anime, right down to the ending where Yaguchi gives a half-assed speech about accepting responsibility.

>>87100800
I'm the kind of person that isn't impressed by long-winded dialogue and bright purple lasers. Which allows me to actually critique the film on its merits, unlike stupid foreigners that praise it they think it's smart, despite them being unable to even understand the movie without simplified subtitles.
>>
>>87101177
honestly i agree with this. i enjoyed the film and thought it was pretty good but it's essentially a really long average episode of evangelion, complete with childish dialogue and themes. as a critique of the japanese government it was a bit weak simply because it was so on the nose.

some evangelion episodes were better done imo in terms of character exploration.
>>
>>87101177
>The message is "Our government sucks because there was an impossible task that required impossible solutions and they didn't figure those solutions out fast enough."
not really
just shoot the thing with all you have when it first landed
>>
>>87101544
>just shoot the thing with all you have when it first landed
Sure thing Michael Bay.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.