[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game of Thrones

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Jon&Dany.jpg (36KB, 634x399px) Image search: [Google]
Jon&Dany.jpg
36KB, 634x399px
A child born out of incest does not have an increased chance of being born with Down Syndrome. DS, as you probably know, is primarily caused by trisomy 21, alluding to the chromosomal abnormality of having three chromosome 21's due to a meiotic nondisjunction (the chromosomes don't segregate properly during meiosis). This does not have anything to do with reproduction within one gene pool. This distinction is further made when we see that DS is a chromosomal abnormality and not a genetic abnormality; the parents' specific genes do not affect events such as chromosome segregation.

However, children born out of incest do have an increased risk of other inherited genetic disorders (usually recessive ones). If one of the parents has a copy of the disorder gene, it is more likely to be found within the same family (he/she had to get it from somewhere!) and hence increases the chances that a child with this recessive genetic disorder is born.
>>
>>87085572
what kind of shitposting is this even?
>>
I wouldn't say that we evolved to be like this, it's more of a side effect of genetics and genetic recombination.

You can see this effect in many Amish communities. I'll try to find more on it, but in my genetics class we learned how certain Amish communities have higher rates for Cystic Fibrosis (CF) because they started mating with a select population that had a higher percentage of people with at least one CF causing allele (CF is caused by a recessive gene). There are also Amish communities that have significantly lower CF rates for the same reason, but instead of an unusually high percentage, they had an unusually low percentage in their community.
>>
>>87085712
>Incest will yield poor results when your family has recessive genes
>Incest will yield good results and can actually be better than non-incestual reproduction if your family doesn't have recessive genes
??
>>
>>87085783
>??
Its like you've never read Heinlein
>>
>>87085572
I could be wrong but don't individuals with trisomy also produce gametes with a 50% chance of having an extra chromosome?
>>
>>87086680
Did some reading, it only runs in families where an extra copy of chromosome 21 has translocated onto another chromosome
>>
Multiple generations of incest have higher risks of deformities, which is why places like the middle east have so many fucked up people. The whole point of the Targ's(and other incest babies) 50% chance for evil is to point this out. They are saying half(a rough estimate) end up with severe mental issues.
>>
>>87085783
>if your family doesn't have recessive genes

american education
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.