[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this still the greatest (anti)war movie ever?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (14KB, 333x499px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14KB, 333x499px
Is this still the greatest (anti)war movie ever?
>>
No.
>>
Nope.
>>
>>87085681
>>87085690
y tho
>>
>>87086066
because come and see was made after it
>>
>>87086066
Because Thin Red Line was made after it.
>>
File: 1373721965155.gif (24KB, 320x190px) Image search: [Google]
1373721965155.gif
24KB, 320x190px
>>
Not really anti-war. Anti incompetence, anti half measures, anti dilettantism in war maybe. John Milius said in an interview that it was "anti-lie" rather than anti-war.
>>
>>87086066
because All Quiet on the Western Front was made 49 years before it.
>>
>>87086104
>anything from malick
you must be a fucking retard
>>
>anti-war

Why hello there reddit! Nice to know you still don't understand movies except on a baseline level.
>>
>>87086195
>hating prime malick
you must be a fucking retard
>>
>>87086111
Disgustingly overrated. If Seita wasn't an idiot who was willing to put his pride over the lives of his sister and himself maybe they wouldn't have starved to death. The only sad thing is how the Japs still get away with whitewashing their history.
>>
>>87086149
>However the following year saw the release of Apocalypse Now, directed by Francis Ford Coppola. Coppola rewrote the script, which Milius disliked. "He wanted to ruin it, liberalize it, and turn it into Hair," said Milius in 1976. "He sees himself as a great humanitarian, an enlightened soul who will tell you such wonderful things as he does at the end of GODFATHER II-that crime doesn't pay ... Talent-wise, he's no John Ford; character-wise, he's no Steve Spielberg. Francis can't stand to have any other creative influence around ... Francis Coppola has this compelling desire to save humanity when the man is a raving fascist, the Bay Area Mussolini."

Damn son
>>
>>87086323
I didn't know about this. I think enough of what Milius intended shone through even after the re-write though.
>>
>>87085457
no that would be FMJ
>>
>>87085457

That would be Paths of Glory, friend.
>>
>>87086244
He's fourteen years old, of course he's an idiot.
How is it whitewashing to show the misery of civilian children during a war? The director must include a scene where they clearly express that their countries leaders were guilty of this happening? Whose fault it is doesnt matter to the children as they are dying.
>>
>>87086750
FMJ wasn't even that great aside from Ermey.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.