[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nolan can't make pure kin-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg (127KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dunkirk_Film_poster.jpg
127KB, 220x326px
>Nolan can't make pure kin-
>>
>>87082566

I was late to the party because I visited the parents and mom wanted to drag us to a movie for family time, it was fine.

It occurs to me that I have actually watched four Nolan flicks in the theater: Inception, Interstellar, TDK, Dunkirk. Memes aside I was generally satisfied with all four experiences. They serve as a way of keeping up with normie culture which has value to a point.

Dad really hated the simplistic score, and in this I disagreed with him, though he easily identified the aircraft and general historical circumstances to mom and myself - IIRC there were basically four types of planes involved, and not three as I'd initially thought. I also incorrectly(?) attributed "spitfire" to the German side for a bit since I don't know my aircraft.

Interesting how we never see any Germans except at the coda, sorta

I also cannot help but compare this historical film with present events in Houston, as people who have boats help the stranded in mass numbers.
>>
This movie was fucking exhausting
>>
The shot of Hardy's plane gliding over the beach is beautiful
>>
File: 1503907119330.png (451KB, 573x665px) Image search: [Google]
1503907119330.png
451KB, 573x665px
>tfw the stuckas approach the beach at the beginning of the movie
>>
>He dun kirked his head

Bravo Nolan
>>
>ameriplebs
>>
koreans cant release it fast enough FUCKING SHITS
>>
File: Possim.png (167KB, 558x604px) Image search: [Google]
Possim.png
167KB, 558x604px
Nolan is a slightly-better-than television tier director who can't identify with human emotions or logic, sucks at choreography, has a boring aesthetic, outright admits he doesn't like characters and prefers setpieces and is also actually pretentious about the artistic merit and scale of his movies

Dunkirk was an exercise of sterile violence and dread, a series of watching people die bloodlessly for two hours featuring the complete anonymization of both the allied soldiers, and the reduction of the axis powers to a faceless enemy. Not a very good movie, let alone a war movie.
>>
>>87082748
Terrible analysis
>>
>>87084750

>this person unironically likes zach snyder
>>
File: robert-altman.jpg (181KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
robert-altman.jpg
181KB, 1200x803px
>>87084819
>he didn't like my movie!
>must be a snyderfag!

Grow up
>>
Boring movie. Failed to capture the scale of it, even slightly. Handful of boats and a couple planes was a joke.
The constant suspenseful soundtrack also failed to build any tension. Nothing on the beach, no debris, supplies, trucks, nothing.

Felt disappointing half way through.
>>
>>87082793
It really was. There is not one moment of downtime even at the end when most of them have been evacuated,
>>
>>87085479
>Nothing on the beach, no debris, supplies, trucks, nothing.
They literally left everything behind except the men IRL.
>>
>>87082566
my grandparents said it was shit. they said it was overrated
>>
>>87083121
kek

I agree tho, it was truly terrifying, amazing film
>>
I like Nolan movies I'm very smart.
>>
Felt bad for that poor French fella tbqhwy. He was just trying to make it out alive.
>>
It really wasn't a very good movie.
>>
>>87082566
o
>>
I thought it was alright. I liked some of the huge shots over the Ocean and I liked the way the story progressed. It isn't my movie of the year but I think it's an okay addition to nolans catalogue. It was definitely made to be seen in Imax though, I can't imagine seeing it elsewhere would be as good
>>
>>87085528
I know, I'd wish they'd shown that. But there was nothing on the beach or in town.
5 boats didn't rescue 300,000 troops, maybe the budget was small for this movie.
>>
>>87082748
>he goes to the movies with his parents
>>
>>87086279
>he doesn't go to the movies with his parents

Why do you hate your mother?
>>
>>87082566
-k
>>
>>87082566
I didn't like dunkirk all that much, to be honest. Superficial characters with no depth.
>>
I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who will watch Dunkirk first time when the torrent is out. I can't imagine someone experiencing the same thing when that first Stuka beach attack comes in if you watch it on your computer. The cinema experience is worth it for the sound alone.
That first shot when the brit is drinking water visibly startled the entire theatre where I was, every single shot in the film had weight to it. Undoubtedly one of the best cinema experiences of recent times.
>>
>>87084750
I really like Nolan, but your take on Dunkirk is spot on.

>>87085528
The houses at the beginning also looked like they hadn't taken a single bullet. All because Nolan wanted to film at the actual location.

>>87085546
They were right.

>>87088806
Are you honestly content with just watching men get attacked by planes for almost 2 hours? Dunkirk has some of the worst characters I've ever seen. About as interesting as the extras.
>>
Jesus christ this board is just so exhausting. How can some of you hate literally everything? I'm guessing you don't though, you just want to seem edgy and cool in front of your reddit pals
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.