[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meet my sons: Aegon and Aegon.'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 3478537.jpg (94KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
3478537.jpg
94KB, 970x545px
Meet my sons: Aegon and Aegon.'
>>
>>87081993
The only justifiable explanation that I can think of is that Rhaegar was hoping to restart the trio of kids he was going for, like rebooting a series.
Just ignore the old Aegon and Rhaenys from Elia, and focus on the new Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya with Lyanna.

If it's anything else at all... D&D, heads, spikes, walls.
>>
>>87082080
It's pretty obvious this was the case. Or at least rebooting who Aegon would be, since he thought it was the only name fit for the prince that was promised.

Part of the point of Rhaegar is that he was absolutely obsessed with the prophecy and structures his entire life on trying to fulfill it. When he thought he was Azor, he learned how to fight and became one of the best warriors on the continent. When he thought it was his son, he gave him a kingly name and started telling his wife about how amazing he was going to be. When he decided it wasn't his first son, and realized his wife couldn't have any more kids, he annulled his marriage and ran off with another woman to have another son (because he had to have at least three kids). He wanted a son to be the prince that was promised, and he wanted that son named Aegon. It wouldn't have mattered to him that he already had a son with that name.
>>
>>87082258
The prophecy never mentions the Prince that was Promised having Aegon's name. Hell Rhaegar for a while believed he himself was the promised prince.

I can bet you five dorras the books will have a different Targaryen name. Or maybe not even a name at all since why the fuck would a woman who is bleeding to death from birth care about naming them?
>>
have they ever referred to rhaegar and elia's son as aegon in the show?
>>
>>87082291
>The prophecy never mentions the Prince that was Promised having Aegon's name.
No, but Rhaegar thought he should have that name. According a vision of Dany's, he thought Aegon was the only suitable name a king, so it's a pretty easy assumption that he wanted his prophecy-fulfilling, world-saving son to have that name.
>>
You're all mistaken he named the other kid eggon cuz the mountain cracked that niggas head open like an egg
>>
>>87082539
And he did name his crown prince Aegon. Dany sees Elia and Rhaegar. Idiot showrunners probably thought it was Lyanna and Rhaegar. Even though Rhaegar never even got to see Jon.

Remember, Targaryens can wed multiple wives.
>>
>>87082634
>And he did name his crown prince Aegon.
When he thought his first son was going to be the prince that was promised. That's the reason he thought the name would be appropriate in the first place. He ended up changing his mind later on.

Remember, Rhaegar was an obsessive nutjob who sincerely believed an apocalyptic prophecy was going to happen, and that he had something to do with it. He didn't care about the crown, all he really cared about was fulfilling the prophecy. He thought one of his three children was going to save the world, and because he was a Targ, he wanted someone named Aegon to do it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.