[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was it good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Boyhood_film.jpg (92KB, 282x398px) Image search: [Google]
Boyhood_film.jpg
92KB, 282x398px
was it good?
>>
ultimate pleb filter. Everyone saying

>hurr durr boring
>hurr durr no plot
>hurr durr family like mine

are plebeians who didn't get the movie
>>
Yeah
>>
File: .jpg (910KB, 2600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
910KB, 2600x1000px
>>87081007
It's a masterpiece.
>>
>>87081007
That kid lived such a charmed life. Couldn't really get behind it at all.
>>
>>87081636
Jack of all trades, master of none
>>
>>87081636
>all this bait
>>
>>87081636

As a /v/irgin I'm not even gonna explain what's wrong. Here's your (you) that list is shit.
>>
>>87081636
what's wrong with the first column? other than being kinda rando
>>
>>87081007
it took 12 years to bake.
>>
The whole movie was interesting to watch and the whole time you wanted the main character to speak but once he did you just wanted him to shut up, he was such a weird dumbass whining about the botnet.
>>
>>87081007
Yes.
>>
>>87081007
Excessively long drawn out movie about a kid. You make your own conclusions with that.
>>
>>87081780
Video games are trash, so your explanation would be worthless anyway. The worst film is more worthwhile and has more artistic merit than the best video game. Fuck off to >>>/v/
>>
>>87081569
There is nothing to get. You can't accept someone not liking what you like.

>>87081007
Not very much. I liked the girl. She had great character
>>
i think the title really hurt some people's perception of it. it was originally going to be "12 Years" but Linklater changed it to Boyhood after 12 Years A Slave came out. it's not really about Mason's coming of age, it's about time and memory. our perception as viewers is almost completely outside the characters, with the exception of a few key moments, and that really seemed to piss some people off.

it's an incredibly sad movie to me. it's not dark tonally but what you basically see is a series of personal failures, compromises, thwarted dreams, futility, failure to connect, etc. etc. it's about tedium, the heaviness of life, and the sense of time slipping through your fingers.
>>
>>87082585
Why did Hawke and Arquette separate? Did we get an explanation?
At least Hawke seemed pretty content at the end. I felt for him
>>
Meh. Better than Birdman, although that is not a great achievement

If you feel a great comnection to kid it may be a sign that you are a fuck up
>>
>>87082703
you could tell in the beginning that he was a total manchild fuck up who wasn't really there as a father or husband. throughout the movie he matures but also becomes more boring.
>>
>>87082849
She got what she deserved then with those two morons she fucked afterwards.
Should have stayed with Ethan and be a little more patient
>>
>>87081007
Hands down best movie of the 21st century, unironically.
>>
>>87081569
>degenerate filth grows up in Texas.
>worships democacy.
>muh nostalgia.
>protag, or main character is a fucking queer who defiles himself, commits sin and learns nothing from it. A utilitarian Animal.

Shit was made for those who believe they are on the "right side of history". Fuck that movie, and fuck the US. I regret serving that shit hole nation in the Iraq war.
>>
>>87083105
tell us about your Iraq experience. why did you enlist? how old were you?
>>
>>87083105
>I regret serving that shit hole nation in the Iraq war.
He traveled on the other side of the world to 'protect' his homeland by 'threats'
LMAO you served your jew overlords not your country
>>
>>87083198
>>87083261
I was the typical 18 year old who had romantic views of America. I am 29 now.

Sorry I can't talk more, bed time. All you need to know was that I was 13b but I might as well been 11b when I deployed when that nigger Obama was president. Ever see a 50cal does to a family trying to cross a check point? Good thing a dumb low IQ idiot did exactly what he was told and killed non combatants in their own country.

Then the same dumb fuck Americans wonder why ISIS exists. I truly hope Trump ends democracy. Seriously. Fuck this country, and Fuck that skinny fat hipsters who like Boyhood.
>>
File: did4au03cbfz.jpg (74KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
did4au03cbfz.jpg
74KB, 720x960px
>>87083406
Ever see a 50cal does to a family trying to cross a check point? Good thing a dumb low IQ idiot did exactly what he was told and killed non combatants in their own country.
Fuck. That's horrible. Have a cute doggy and godspeed anon
>>
This film is an overrated slog, and I'll tell you why: more effort was put into its concept than into its actual story. Linklater saying "let's make a movie over 12 years" took more precedence than interesting developments or character building. We're never given a reason to CARE about Mason, other than the fact "we all had childhoods once". It cheaply exploits the audience's nostalgia by making YOU fill in the emotional gaps in the story with your own memories instead of showing us what they mean to Mason. This ruins the whole premise of the movie, because it's passed off as a rumination on growing up/time passing but ultimately chickens out on providing any solid character change for our protagonist. He just drifts thru his life. It's a fucking bore to watch.

Also, there's a lot of shitty performances in this film, tone-deaf "youth" dialogue from the writer/director, and a completely flat and bland visual style that doesn't contribute to the film's presupposed "poignancy" at all.

It's not the worst movie ever, but it's painfully average for the amount of hype and esteem it received. It's a cool concept and an interesting filmmaking experiment, but not the "Grand Masterpiece" people claim it is.
>>
>>87081636
Calvin and Hobbes is the only thing on this that is correct
>>
>>87081636
>queen in music

yeah, nah.
>>
it took 12 years to make, so yes
>>
>>87081653
same
>>
I haven't watched it but since I know about name numerology, I already know the boy is an unlikeable piece of shit.
>>
>>87081007
no

there are better and more poignant movies about childhood. If it wasnt for the "this movie took 12 years to make" it would be thrown straight into the arthouse trashbin, Its tedious and drawn out.

>a boy grows up into a edgy scene faggot

I didnt get any epiphany nor did I develop any concern for the kid.
>>
>>87083593
this.
>>
>>87085994

Just because something takes a long time to make doesn't automatically make it good.
>>
>>87081007

It's a tedious movie about a kid who becomes a vapid and self-absorbed pseudo-philosopher. None of what happens to him really has any impact because it's never addressed in any meaningful way and the audience is never really asked to mull it over. The movie could end at literally any point and it wouldn't be much different from what it is now.

It's just boring. There's nothing to gain from seeing this film and any reference to how long it take to make the movie is an obnoxious gimmick. Anyone would be better off reading a summary of this snorefest on wikipedia.
>>
>>87082585
>it's about time and memory.

Neither of these themes are explored in any meaningful way, and what's there is paper-thin. There's essentially no take-away.

>our perception as viewers is almost completely outside the characters

They seemed two dimensional and self-absorbed.
>>
if you made a 12 year movie about a boy sitting on the computer all day it'd be more interesting. moonlight is way way better
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.