[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MoviePass General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 12

File: moviepasscard.jpg (46KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
moviepasscard.jpg
46KB, 1024x512px
>went to see Logan Lucky
>ticket price was $12
>paid only $10 for pic related and get to see more movies everyday for an entire month AND earn rewards points with theater

How is this allowed /tv/? Won't this destroy the movie industry? Or is this company just gonna go out of business? Why haven't you subscribed to MoviePass™ yet?
>>
Just give me my fucking card already!
>>
which is worse: pretending to shill or actually shilling?
>>
>>87080467
How easy is it to reserve tickets online? I only go to amc and near me and only go when we can get center seats in the lounger theater
>>
The app is unusable and they never shipped the cards.

How do you move Movie Pass?
>>
>>87080504
You can call it a shill all you want but 10$ movies all month long is as good a deal as it gets - my co worker has one and his last ticket was 13.50

He literally gets cheaper movies by doing this even only seeing one movie a month
>>
>>87080529
My co worker just got his 3 days ago so they are still shipping them.
>>
>>87080520
It doesn't look like amc is allowing reserve tickets online through mp anymore, but if the theater does reserve seating at the counter it'll work, that's what I did at regal today.

Some other theaters are doing e tickets, but a small number
>>
>>87080467
it is a pretty good deal, but you know what's an even better deal? pirating.
>>
>>87080593
Eh thats fucked for me then, i dont want to drive 20 minutes and not get good seats.

There's a regal theater too but they don't have the recliner seats
>>
>>87080529
>they never shipped the cards.

call them, you idiot
>>
So these are legit and not some scam? Couldn't this destroy the movie industry?
>>
>>87080529
>move moviepass
I assume you mean give it to someone else? You need to be at the theater to book the movie but anyone (and i mean one) can use the card.

If you do e ticket you can reserve it in advance and give your friend the ticket number
>>
>>87080716
Read the articles. They know they are losing money but they also sell your data and encourage people to go to the theater in the first place.
>>
>>87080716
Not sure how I can prove it but so far working fine for me, no issue (minus the 24 hour thing, wish it was by calendar day and lack of harkins sucks).

I guess right now all the theaters are happy that more people are coming in and effectively paying full price. Short term is good but AMC is worried about the long term
>>
File: IMG_3839.gif (496KB, 299x180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3839.gif
496KB, 299x180px
>2017
>going to the movies
>>
>>87080809
There's got to be more to it then just "selling movie watcher demographic data". There are a lot better ways to find out watch age group and gender watch movies then to lose millions of dollars giving out free tickets.
>>
>>87080467
>Won't this destroy the movie industry?
so wait how does this work, isn't Moviepass the one buying your tickets though for a subscription? And the company admits they'll lose their own money but sells your data to make it back (probably wont work). Whats bad about this for movie theaters who still get paid?
>>
>>87081463
You're right. AMC are being jews and saying that over the long term it's unsustainable and people won't want to pay for expensive movie tickets when the price inevitably goes up. To me that's just an admission that their ticket prices are already too high.
>>
I just make my own tickets out of construction paper.
>>
>>87081580
and the great thing is that AMC can't do anything about it without breaking their agreement with mastercard, which would result in no one with mastercards being able to buy tickets.
>>
>>87080467
>Won't this destroy the movie industry?
It's dead already. It just ain't buried yet.
>>
>>87081624

NIGGGAG WAHT
>>
>>87080467
I heard that the company is banking on the idea that people won't use their card very often. They're going in risky
>>
>>87080467
They're selling your personal data and your viewing habits on the back end to make up the difference.
>>
>>87082536
This, and the hope that lower prices in smaller areas will make up the difference for big cites that cost a fortune, although I live in the literal center of the country and still pay $8 a ticket.
>>
The theaters still get all the money, so they're fine. Probably profit more since I'll be way more likely to buy food and drinks if the ticket's free. Moviepass presumably pays about $30-40 a month for the average customer. They get $10 back for the subscription, putting them $20-30 in the hole. The rest gets made back selling data I imagine. They're definitely operating at a loss in the short-term, but I assume they want to use this to get big contracts to provide the data to different studios who want more detailed information about demographics.
>>
>>87081463
The theaters' concern would be that, if the $10 subscription model fails and enough people take advantage of it while it exists, those people might not be willing to go back to normal movie prices, thereby crashing the market.
>>
I'd try this deal but then I remember that I never leave my house so why bother.
>>
>went to see a no name movie
>actually paid $10 to see literally what
>thinks he got a deal

This is why it won't kill the industry. You got suckered and you actually think you're getting away with something.
>>
>>87082861
I paid $10 to see any movie once a day for 30 days

not just one no name movie

big difference there bud
>>
>>87082823
semi hot take: Maybe we do need a market crash to reset things. I'm tired of all of the reboots and sequels and maybe all of the major studios going under is what it takes to change it.
>>
is there anything stopping someone from just handing one of these to all their friends during the month?
>>
>>87082982
need the account information, but should be doable. I don't think the account is tied to the phone but I could be wrong.
>>
>>87081463
>Whats bad about this for movie theaters who still get paid?

the whole idea is that when MoviePass achieves market saturation they'll have theaters by the balls. customers won't want to go back to the inconvenience and expense of tickets, so theaters will be reliant on MoviePass, which can then name their price in future negotiations.
>>
>>87082536
>I heard that the company is banking on the idea that people won't use their card very often.
>>
movies suck these days and even when there is something you want to waste time seeing you're surrounded by mexicans talking on the phone while their children run amok.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (5KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
5KB, 213x236px
>can see all the movies i want for only $10 a month
>still have no interest cause everything hollywood puts out is trash
>>
>>87083532
>living in an area filled with mexicans
>>
>>87080467
Yah, but if this is anything like Odeon in the UK it's a 12 month commitment.

>ÂŁ18.99 a month for unlimited movies
>go see movies like 4 days a week with a buddy
>come back from uni
>still paying ÂŁ18.99 a month to not watch anything
>>
>>87084406
>it's a 12 month commitment.

Moviepass is zero commitment.
>>
>>87080653
are you going to a movie theater for the films or for fucking seats? You'd rather sit on those obnoxious recliner seats than literally save money after one use and continue to save loads more with this card cause you can't guarantee a seat. Just go to a screenings that isn't during peak times if it matters that much to you. That's such a dumb vapid reason not to get it.
>>
>shilling this shit
>thinks I am going to go watch anything in the cinema when modern film has been dead for like a decade now
>>
when movie theatres identify days of the week that ban yammering obesefatgirls and attentionwhoring femmefakegirls who talktalktalk throughout movie then i'll go get moviepass and watch at movie theatre.
>>
Can someone run the math for me.

I watch at most 2 movies at the theatre in a month. Sometimes it's 1 or 0. But in the summer, it's 4. So let's say, my monthly average is 2.

Because I live in a poor area, my AMC converted the theater to a discount theater. The service is shit, concessions are shit, they haven't upgraded the seats or screens in 10 years. But they 'only' charge $6.50 a ticket.

I'm averaging to $13 a month or $156 a year.

Then is movie pass worth it? Is it worth the aggravation of having to use their booking system and get there early? I'm reading that it takes 30 mins to confirm your ticket and have your money deposited into the card. So, does that mean I have to stand around 30 mins before the movie like some peasant while the higher born people get the good seats?

My system: I arrive at a movie 30 fucking mins early. Get my grub. Get myself a center fucking seat. And start listening to a podcast until the previews come on. Won't moviepass ruin a good thing I have going?
>>
>>87085883
It's not worth it for you.
>>
>>87081254
>2017
>using an obamaphone
>>
>>87086026
It's what I thought. I have a discount theater and I'm a low volume customer.

>>87086061
The scam is to get an obamaphone, pluck out the SIM, and put it into a GSM unlocked phone. I get free service, 500 MB of data only though, on TMobile for again, the price of free. All the while, I'm whipping out a brand new Moto G5 that people assume is on a legit network.

Anyone reading this: if you qualify for an obamaphone, then you can take the SIM and put it into a cool phone.
>>
>>87082567
Why would this bother anyone? If I'm going to see a movie it's because either a) I'm interested in seeing said movie or b) I'm just going to see any movie making the information irrelevant if I go see everything except Tyler Perry stuff. It makes no difference.
>>
>>87086251

some people are just paranoid.

and some people, like me, are practical. i hire a lawyer who hires someone to get moviepass. i then hire a second lawyer who hires a second person to use moviepass to get tickets. i then hire a third lawyer who hires a third person who uses the tickets to watch the movie for me. i then hire a fourth lawyer who hires a fourth person to throw popcorn at my face. because that's how real and practical men eat popcorn. it's a perfect system.
>>
>>87080467
> Goes to movie
> Only buys 1 ticket
> Single
How did you escape the popcorn mines?
>>
Theaters are turning into a crab leg and falcon feed based economy
>>
File: soccer.jpg (66KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
soccer.jpg
66KB, 450x600px
>>87080467
>>87080491
>>87080520
>>87080556
it could cost a penny and I would never buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTkb8URJczQ
>>
>>87085883
>So let's say, my monthly average is 2.
would this be the case if you didn't have to pay for every ticket? you should consider how many movies you actually wish to watch, not how many you are watching right now
>>
Because they collect your personal information in exchange for a few movie tickets.
>>
Theatres should be happy about this. They make very little money off ticket sales because most of it goes to studios. The majority of theatre profit comes from (grossly overpriced) Food/Drink sales. Getting people to come to the cinema more often is good for theatres because people get hungry and impulse buy food.

If moviepass makes the average person go to the cinema an extra time each month, Theaters will most likely come out ahead.
>>
>>87082567
so?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170830-084545.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170830-084545.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Should see Logan lucky later today with my kinopass
>>
>>87088811
I used to work at an AMC, they eventually took me off the register because I'd feel so bad for the people buying popcorn and candy that I would usually make a medium into a large or small to a medium.
>>
>>87086251
There's definitely more to it then that. That's the only catch anyone can find at the moment because no one really knows the details behind it.
>>
>>87088573
what info other than what you watch?
>>
>>87080467
Better some consumer purchase than none at all
>>
>>87088573
Your shit is already out there tard. Your delusional if you think you've made it this far in the information age without your entire existence already being sold.

God I fucking hate you autistic weebs. And yes, I fucking know you're a piece of shit weeb.
>>
This is a dream come true for me. In Manhattan NYC these Jews are charging here for a movie ticket (upwards of 17 bucks a ticket) going to the theaters is not worth it.
>>
>>87080467
I signed up on august 15.

No card yet
>>
>>87089002
>kinopass

we should just call it that
>>
>>87089778
>Your delusional

opinion discarded
>>
>>87089884
>17 bucks a ticket

oy vey
>>
>>87080650
obviously pirating is cheaper, but some movies are better in theatres, unless you have a decent tv and surround sound
>>
>>87089002
No it sucks, go see Wind River first
>>
>>87083568
>not living near metrograph, ifc, anthology film archives, etc
>>
>>87082567
I never got this. Every company is selling personal data, but who is buying that shit? If everyone is selling data, then how does anyone make money?
>>
>>87092778
DATA is the new CURRENCY not MONEY
>>
File: gone girl crepes.jpg (255KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gone girl crepes.jpg
255KB, 1920x1080px
>>87080467
The average person doesn't go to the cinema 12 times a year. I don't think I've ever gone 12 times in a year. I think I've gone max 8-10 times in a year.

>Godzilla
>X-Men Future Past
>Edge of Tomorrow
>Gone Girl
>Interstellar

And that was on a good year.
>>
>>87080529
I got mine yesterday.
>>
>>87093210
I would go if I only paid 10 bucks a month and didn't need to buy a ticket Everytime. Half the reason for not going is the overpriced entrance fee
>>
>>87093210
i've watched 50 movies this month jsyk
>>
you need a iphone or cell phone to do this scheme right? i was going to get it but then found out you need internet and need to do some weird like confirmation shit before buying a ticket?
>>
Moviepass has been around for awhile. I had it for a year when they were doing it for 30 dollars a month, but then that wasn't profitable and they brought in some netflix guy and introduced multiple plans. So I'd have to pay I think around 45 a month for the same plan. I dropped it then because it was a bit harder to break even on movies in that situation and there were some months where I'd have to go see shit to reach my quota. Now they're coming out with 10 dollars a month, which is absolutely absurd, less than one ticket price in a lot of areas, so of course I signed up again right away.

I guess selling your data is worth a lot of money but it seems kind of ridiculous, I would have happily signed back up again if they went back to 30 bucks a month.

For newcomers to the program make sure you have their help number in your phone. A lot of times the app would be missing a time for a movie so you couldn't select it, but you just call them up and do it manually, which is no problem.
>>
I won't get Moviepass because I pirate. Every movie I wanted to see in the theater ended up being a piece of shit when I downloaded the Bluray, so fuck paying at all.
>>
File: reverse.png (228KB, 702x980px) Image search: [Google]
reverse.png
228KB, 702x980px
>>87088811
oh yeah

if my theatre did this I might go. I don't hate my theatre, I feel bad they are going bankrupt because of the stupid assholes in holywood.

If they offered a membership that was solely associated with their venue and had no take going to the actors or actresses or directors or producers, I'd stop my boycott and go spend money at the theatre again. I don't need to see new movies anyway, I'll go watch old ones I've never seen before if they air them. And if they have roving women who massage my feet while I watch the movie and give me beers.
>>
>>87081320
Once movie theatres see a increase in concessions across the US, MoviePass swoops in and tells them to give them a cut or the program goes away. Seeing as the theatre industry is doing pretty bad, the smart ones will accept.
>>
>>87080467
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxHRG2DpJ_8

>paying to see logan lucky
I guess we both got lucky. BAD lucky AMIRITE
>>
Anyone actually have the pass? Is it a hassle to use? I just imagine I go to the theater, select my movie info from the app, then try to use their card only to be denied and them telling me there's nothing on the card and I have to wait for the MoviePass people to register my info and have to sit there like an asshole waiting for them
>>
Don't they have a free two week trial?
>>
>>87080467
It's ten dollars more than theaters usually get from me.
>>
The company attached to moviepass is a datamining company, so they don't care if they lose money.
>>
>>87084513
My point is that I don't go to the movies period unless I've got a good seat and it's a comfortable experience. Fucking retard.
>>
>>87095812
What kind of faggot retard can't afford to see a movie without sneaking in the back? That or youre working at a theater which is top cuck status
>>
>>87080716
To be honest if it's done right it could work very well for the theaters if they get more people in the concession stand.
>>
>>87095759
no
>>
>>87082779
>The theaters still get all the money, so they're fine
I see people keep saying this but is that how they actually work? if it was an independent third party company it would work like this but since they are partnered with the theaters, the theaters can't be charging full price I think.
>>87088811
>>
>>87098067
I feel like it could only benefit theaters. I know they don't make much on actual ticket sales, but each time someone uses the pass, the theater still gets the money for a sale. And the pass encourages you to see more movies to get your moneys worth. And plus, like you said, bringing more people in, and more frequently means potentially more concession sales
>>
>>87098064
He's saying he doesn't go to movie theaters at all dumbass.
>>
>>87084389
yeah it's called America. they're everywhere.
>>
To compensate for this they'll raise food prices even higher.
>>
>not just watching kinos at home so you can lounge on your comfy couch, jerk off without the ushers asking if you need help, and avoid overpriced crab legs
>>
>>87082536
>>87082650
>be in manhattan
>literally only 10 minutes away from a participating theater at any given moment
no way this balances out, I need to take advantage of this while I can
>>
>>87084513
>you'd rather spend more money on comfort than save money!
Yeah shekelstein, because I'm not a poorfag or a jew.
>>
>>87080467
>move to los angeles
>go see atomic blonde a few weeks ago
>18 dollar ticket at noon on a tuesday
>>
oh look, more shilling for a shitty credit card
>>
Remember when you could report for commercial/spam/advertising?
>>
>>87100796
who cares?
>>
>>87080556
No one goes to the movies anymore. Stop
>>
>>87105370
Faggot lol
>>
>>87103645
no
>>
>>87080671
They don't have a support line
>>
>>87094741
sounds like movies just aren't your thing mate
>>
>>87097983
My point is that is some high maintenance bullshit, just sit your ass down.
>>
>>87082536
it makes sense
there arent always good movies out
ive seen 5 movies in the past 3 days, but there have been a couple of months where i havent had the time to get to the theatre
britfag cineworld btw
>>
>>87082982
in the uk they have your photo on them with some chains
i get one for curzon with work and they dont check your card. literally anyone could use it
>>
File: IMG_8906.jpg (28KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8906.jpg
28KB, 240x320px
>>87087568
>anime and Eminem poster
>>87080467
They pay the theater for the cost of the ticket so they aren't ruining anything.
>>
>>87080520
>>87085883
>>87080864
AMC is only butt blasted by movie pass because they were going to create their own service. Any other reason they have for being against it is bullshit
>>
>>87082823
So it's a win win then. Sign me up!
>>
>$5 moves on Tuesdays
>Free small popcorn
>>
>>87109088
that's rad as fuck. city?
>>
File: 111.png (194KB, 677x530px) Image search: [Google]
111.png
194KB, 677x530px
>>87109185
all marcus theaters (with Reward card)
>>
File: file.png (41KB, 290x174px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
41KB, 290x174px
>>87108857
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mfQE3770EI
>>
I doubt people will believe me but I work at the theater industry at the corporate level for one of the top 3 theater chains in the US and while I can't speak for the others, no one in my company gives a fuck about Movie Pass, which I guess reveals I don't work for AMC. The theater industry isn't bad, people forget that our performance as a business is dependent on Hollywood, which is sucking colossal chodes this year. People have been saying the theater business is dying for decades anytime there is an off year. We've survived television, streaming, and everything thrown at us. The profit per person we are making is better than ever, but when Hollywood decides to sit with their thumbs up their ass for a year, there is only so much you can do. We don't give a shit about anything movie pass has to sell in terms of data because we have our own methods of gathering consumer data and are increasing their capabilities at an exponential rate. My company isn't butt blasted about Movie Pass, we just consider it irrelevant in the big picture scheme of things. Maybe its nice for up and coming theater chains who don't have the infrastructure to collect data.
>>
>>87111672
If you work at Harkins (idk if that's in the top 3) and feel this way please add your theaters to moviepass I want you guys to take their money instead of amc in my area
Thread posts: 120
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.