[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Godzilla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: Anime Godzilla.jpg (641KB, 2395x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Anime Godzilla.jpg
641KB, 2395x1600px
name one objectively good Godzilla movie (excluding Gojira 1954) and defend your choice
>>
GMK. Good amount of fights and the effects for the most part hold up well.
>>
>>87075826
>fights
>effects
is that all it takes?
>>
Shin Godzilla. It's a good movie that matches the darker tone of the original while evolving to criticize the Japanese government and the dependence on American military power.
>>
>>87075752
Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster speaks for itself
>>
Godzilla 1984.

Was the first time in years Toho reverted to Godzilla being a force of nature instead of a giant monster that fights other monsters. It really cut the campiness for a darker tone.
>>
>>87076036
Yes. Also it's take on Godzilla is different, being resurrected by the dead of WWII who want to punish Japan. And the designs on all of the monsters look great. The only thing people seem to have trouble dealing with is Ghidorah being the hero.
>>
All Monsters Attack aka Godzilla's Revenge

It's hilariously campy, even by Goji standards.
>>
File: gojira.jpg (33KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
gojira.jpg
33KB, 450x299px
>God Tier
Gojira
Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
Godzilla vs. Biollante
Godzilla vs. Destoroyah

>Great Tier
Mothra vs Godzilla
Destroy All Monsters
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
The Return of Godzilla
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
Godzilla: Final Wars

>Good Tier
King Kong vs Godzilla
Invasion of Astro-Monster
Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
Godzilla vs. Gigan
Godzilla vs. Megalon
Godzilla vs. Mothra
Godzilla 2000: Millennium
Godzilla vs. Megaguirus
Shin Godzilla

>Meh Tier
Godzilla Raids Again
Son of Godzilla
Terror of Mechagodzilla
Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla

>Shit Tier
All Monsters Attack
Godzilla vs. Hedorah
>>
File: eh....jpg (63KB, 1017x519px) Image search: [Google]
eh....jpg
63KB, 1017x519px
>>87076266
Return of Godzilla is mediocre at best. It has nothing going for it besides its grim atmosphere and some Cold War commentary. Otherwise its a dull affair. Characters aren't interesting, pacing is desperately in need of tightening, and even Godzilla himself doesn't generate much excitement.
>>
>>87076036
Eh. GMK is one of the stronger ones, due to the human part not being boring shit. It's not high drama but it's entertaining enough. The movie also has themes of war guilt and acknowledging the past no matter how painful it may be, which makes it stand out from the typical "nukes are bad" message that most Godzilla movies have, even if GMK indulges in that cliche as well. My favorite ones insofar as the ones I think have to most artistic merit are the ones who speak of anxieties of the time, be they the space race, pollution or genetic engineering. Gojira is no doubt the greatest one, but it wasn't so different from the other "nukes make something really big" movies of the 50's. It's almost a remake of Beast of 20,000 fathoms, though it stands out by evoking the destructive power of nuclear weaponry and the arms race with unparalled skill. As for Shin Godzilla, it's great as well. The convoluted Japanese government is as much a threat to the Japanese people as the monster is. That and the webms didn't do the Tokyo scene where Godzilla lights up the place like he's a B-29 firebombing shit in '45 justice.
>>
What was his end game?
https://youtu.be/40uvX5j5ZGQ
>>
File: 1081082121.jpg (145KB, 605x845px) Image search: [Google]
1081082121.jpg
145KB, 605x845px
>>87076571
>God Tier
>Godzilla vs. Destoroyah

>Great Tier
>Godzilla: Final Wars

>Good Tier
>Shin Godzilla

waaa
>>
>>87077984
>>Godzilla vs. Destoroyah
got to check this out
>>
>>87078232
It's nothing special. Fans get caught up in its emotional climax and forget about the underwhelming stuff that preceded it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (208KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
208KB, 1600x900px
always like this one as a kid, despite the horrible kong suit
>>
>>87075752
Godzilla VS Biollante
Because FUCK YOU THIS IS MY FIRST GODZILLA FILM I WATCHED IN THE THEATER
>>
>>87078638
>Godzilla vs Biollante
Best of the Heisei Era for sure
>>
My favorites are Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II, Shin Godzilla, and GMK.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.