[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We will literally N E V E R see the pilot version with the original

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: the thing 11.jpg (7KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
the thing 11.jpg
7KB, 182x268px
We will literally N E V E R see the pilot version with the original practical effects.
>>
File: 1490515729135.png (83KB, 263x263px) Image search: [Google]
1490515729135.png
83KB, 263x263px
>>87075262
Fuck the jews.
>>
>>87075262
The movie still would have been shit regardless if they had included the practical effects.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBzpT7VmSaU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOu3j7CtoE
>>
>>87075385
Not nearly as shit as it currently is.
>>
>>87075262
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D
>>
This movie should have never existed.
>>
Why is that? Like is there a narrative behind it? I don't know much about the production context of this movie, besides the effects being replaced
>>
>>87075414
>sculpting out Splitface's asshole
madmen
>>
Rob Ager (aka the Kubrick Autist) did a pretty good analysis of why the CGI effects just didn't work, in particular he points out that the lighting is always really fucked up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS3NAOMreIo

Around 12 minutes in he shows that the CGI looks a lot better even if you just darken the picture slightly
>>
>>87075450
I think the idea was that MEW was going to discover a dead alien pilot that crashed the ship in hopes of killing the Thing. Later she finds the Thing, taking on the appearance of the alien pilot.
>>
>>87075319
Arya has never looked sexier.
>>
>>87075597
How is he a "Kubrick Autist"?
>>
>>87075385
eh it could have easily been a fun shlocky monster movie with a pretty good cast
>>
>>87075262
>pilot

And regardless of practical or CGI, the very existence of this movie is nothing but pure retardation.
>>
>>87075414
Why did they switch to CGI when the animatronics were already so far along in production?
>>
>>87075385
>>87077483
I unironically liked it.
>>
File: the-thing-poster.jpg (276KB, 1061x1600px) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-poster.jpg
276KB, 1061x1600px
>>87075262
So it wouldn't have lived up to the OG.

Just go watch John Carpenter's vision.
>>
>>87077841
It wasn't supposed to live up to the OG, it was supposed to be a tribute to the 82 version.
>>
>>87077638
Legend has it test audiences made up of mostly teenagers saw unfinished footage with the practical effects and thought it wasn't scary enough or something.
>>
>>87077841
>>87077905
>calling a remake the OG
>>
>>87075262
yea this shit gets to me too

i am entirely convinced this would had been one of the coolest looking monster-movies of all time. instead, it looks like dog shit

AND THEY HAD ALREADY FUCKING MADE IT

oh my god. look at behind the scenes footage, it looks fucking amazing

at least give us a special edition on DVD or something. jesus fucking christ
>>
>>87078433
It's a readaptation you fucking idiot.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.