[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

movie of the year in my opinion. what did you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 7878ebff67bac57e215f0c1397841081.jpg (90KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
7878ebff67bac57e215f0c1397841081.jpg
90KB, 1500x2000px
movie of the year in my opinion. what did you think?
>>
>capeshit
fuck off
>>
Jeremy Renner is too powerful
>>
>>87073527
made me smile
>>
>>87073502
I'm gonna see it Friday but honestly, I don't have high hopes for it. Sicario suffered quite drastically because of its script and Hell or High Water wasn't much better. But maybe he's learning.
>>
OP, you're gonna get a lot of hate in this thread probably but I really enjoyed it too. I really liked the flashback "twist" and the final scene was very moving. The issues in the Native communities are just said, no matter your politics.
>>
>>87073942
*sad
>>
>>87073899
Hopefully you will like it. I love Sicario, HOHW, and Wind River. I just like "real" and gritty.
>>87073942
I feel ya 100%. I love how violent these movies get and how sparingly it's used.
>>
>>87073502
>Sicaro
what?
>>
>>87073899
It's pretty similar to those movies, especially Sicario, but I really enjoyed the setting and was willing to look over some of its flaws. It's a good film.
>>
>>87073502
The Jon Bernthal scene would have been better either as the start of the film or remove entirely. It came across a bit too out of no where and also removes the ambiguidness of what she went through to make her run 6 miles through the snow. It's a really good film However it's definitely the weakest of Taylor Sheridan's films but considering his other two are sicario and hell or high water the movie would have had to do a lot not to be.
>>
>>87073502
Hell or High Water is superior but the tension was great for what was a pretty straight forward story. Some of the shaky-cam during completely normal scenes was naseauting though, like when Olsen enters Renners house. One too many rambling monologues as well, it made for good performances and I didn't personally dislike them, but I can understand some would be turned off by them. Also some kind of inexplicable scenes like when Olsen argues with the coroner about the cause of death, an issue which is literally never brought up again despite being made out to be a major point of conflict. Otherwise quality film, I also really liked the setting as I grew up in an area similar, although not a shitty native reserve and I'm not native thank fucking god
>>
>>87076604
>The Jon Bernthal scene would have been better either at the start of the film or remove entirely

I completely disagree. That scene made the movie for me.
>>
a little weak story wise, could've shown the plot better imho

but setting wise im a sucker for "the west" as a setting
Nocturnal Animals
Hell or High Water
Wind River

pretty cool shots, comfy as fuck visuals
>>
>>87078084
>pretty cool shots, comfy as fuck visuals

This. That title shot got me hooked instantly.
>>
>>87073502
Indian Charity Film / 10
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.