[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was better his endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_3510.jpg (31KB, 306x306px)
IMG_3510.jpg
31KB, 306x306px
What was better his endgame?
>>
>main antagonist is named Sauron
>name his right-hand man Sauronman

BRAVA TOLKIEN BRAVA
>>
>>87071645
It was Saruman. And that wasn't even his real name.
>>
acquire the ring for himself and overthrow sauron
>>
So how exactly did Sauron take control over him? I remember Gandolf covering an artefact that Saruman had with cloth because it was dangerous somehow but that's it
>>
>>87072811
You are referring to the Palantir. The Palantir is basically a magic stone that lets you communicate over long distances and use it to spy on your enemies. Sauron had one and so did Saruman. Now the Palantir cannot show lies, but it doesn't have to show the WHOLE truth either. Sauron used the Palantir to basically scare the shit out of Saruman, causing Saruman to switch sides.

Sauron used the same trick on Denethor by showing him horrible visions of what could happen to Minas Tirith and Gondor as a whole, driving him into despair and leaving him too weak to effectively combat him.

The reason Gandalf covered it with cloth is so that it cannot be used. Basically putting this fancy fantasy cellphone on sleep mode.
>>
>>87073013
Saruman was also using his Palantir to try and make himself look like an obedient vassal, because he was planning on double-crossing Sauron. I think as a Maia he could have feasibly pulled it off.
>>
File: 1502016555022.jpg (122KB, 750x963px)
1502016555022.jpg
122KB, 750x963px
>>87071594
>>
File: Comfy Smaug.jpg (584KB, 575x707px)
Comfy Smaug.jpg
584KB, 575x707px
>>87071645
You mean his alt-right hand.
>>
File: 1502018329174.jpg (114KB, 750x720px)
1502018329174.jpg
114KB, 750x720px
>>87073868
>>
>>87072811
>Sauron take control over him

because movie is different than book

in the book, Isengard is different faction

Sauron and Saruman constantly doubtful each other

and ready to betray each other
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.