[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, first time posting on /tv/. I really enjoyed Daredevil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: The Tick.jpg (30KB, 393x215px) Image search: [Google]
The Tick.jpg
30KB, 393x215px
Hey guys, first time posting on /tv/.

I really enjoyed Daredevil S01 and S02 and Jessica Jones.

I like superheroes in general, I own a collection of comics and action figures of Marvel and DC characters. And I like most movies from the MCU.

What should I expect with The Tick? Is it focused in fights and Good vs Evil, or is it something sarcastic ABOUT superheroes, just like Birdman (Inarritu, 2015 I believe) was?
>>
Bumpty bumpty bump.
>>
>>87071548
Just read some comic books you jackass.
>>
Just watch it, it's not a big time investment. Six 20 minute episodes.
>>
>>87071548
its good
>>
>>87071548
How can you be a superhero fan and not already be familiar with The Tick?
>>
>>87071548
>>What should I expect with The Tick? Is it focused in fights and Good vs Evil, or is it something sarcastic ABOUT superheroes, just like Birdman (Inarritu, 2015 I believe) was?

Kind of a mix? It plays the superhero/villain thing pretty straight while being sarcastic about it.
>>
>>87072925

So its like One Punch Man?
>>
I thought the Tick was just the cartoon.
>>
The pilot changes really helped the flow
>>
>>87071548
You're cleaning up this mess mister!
>>
it's supposed to be satire and a mockery of the superhero genre. the amazon show makes it more about a superhero show with a dimwitted superhero that might make a small jab here or there towards the genre. it's still a good show, but the cartoon and the warburton live action show are a lot better.
>>
>>87071548
1. do not look for legit info on /tv/, it's a terrible board full of shitposting
2. how can you be a superhero fan and never have heard about The Tick?
3. it's kinda a parody, but with much love and respect for superhero genre. I would even say it's more of a pastiche than parody. it's not mocking it, just subverting the tropes and being really over the top with everything. also characters are sometimes on the edge of breaking the fourth wall with their commentaries, but. never think silver age Superman put into overly edgy 90s superhero movies. really funny shit
4. there are only six twenty minutes episode, the while thing is not much longer than a movie, just check it out yourself
>>
>>87075427
>the warburton live action show are a lot better.
Opinion officially disgarded
>>
>>87071548
If it's like the original and the animated show then it's kinda like The Venture Bros in tone
>>
>>87071548
go back
>>
>>87075814
as much as i love serafinowicz in most things, he plays the tick too flat. that, or he's not given enough screentime to really show off the tick.either way, the amazon tick is too warburton's tick is a lot closer to the cartoon, which is the best of them all.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.