[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this shit pleb series?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: storm of swords.jpg (32KB, 200x321px) Image search: [Google]
storm of swords.jpg
32KB, 200x321px
Why do people like this shit pleb series?
>>
File: joe.jpg (203KB, 1231x306px) Image search: [Google]
joe.jpg
203KB, 1231x306px
ASOIAF is good, but it's not the best nor will it ever be finished.
>>
>>87068345
Imagine how much mouth breathing is happening simultaneously while each episode airs. Pathetic.
>>
>>87068449
it will be finished, just probably not by the fat man
>>
>>87068345
>posts a pic of the best book of the series
hmm...
anyway, the plotting was pretty good in the first three books, where the "twists" actually make sense and can be predicted beforehand if you pay attention. the inner monologues characters have give more depth to them, there's a wide range of cultures and personalities, a giant world, and some cool POVs that shed light on previously unsung characters, notably Jaime and Theon.
>>
>>87068345
a girl i want to fug likes it
>>
>>87068449
You can tell ASOIAF is better from the covers
>>
>>87068540
AFFC is one of the most useless books ever written.
>>
>>87068592
ASOS is the third book, and the picture OP posted
>>
Kingkiller Chronicles is better
>>
>>87068345
stfu lotr fag

it's way better than your generic fantasy good vs. evil plots
>>
Because it came out at a time when Warcraft and LOTR gained popularity. The book readers enjoyed it and watched the show, which happened at the same time the golden age of tv was dying and the normies jumped in around season 3 and ruined it.

The books are still great despites the last two seasons and idiot tv detectives trying to ruin everything
>>
>>87068587
She only watches it for the "cute boys" anon. She is almost definitely a slut
>>
>>87070393
>endless morbid wankery about 'muh moral greyness' which is actually just misanthropy
yeah, lotr is better.
>>
>>87070393
nah. it's really not
>>
File: GeorgeRRMartin1.jpg (212KB, 1463x1463px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeRRMartin1.jpg
212KB, 1463x1463px
Ruling is hard. This was maybe my answer to Tolkien, whom, as much as I admire him, I do quibble with. Lord of the Rings had a very medieval philosophy: that if the king was a good man, the land would prosper. We look at real history and it’s not that simple. Tolkien can say that Aragorn became king and reigned for a hundred years, and he was wise and good. But Tolkien doesn’t ask the question: What was Aragorn’s tax policy? Did he maintain a standing army? What did he do in times of flood and famine? And what about all these orcs? By the end of the war, Sauron is gone but all of the orcs aren’t gone – they’re in the mountains. Did Aragorn pursue a policy of systematic genocide and kill them? Even the little baby orcs, in their little orc cradles?
>>
Imagine being you in that editorial meeting and having to be all like "damn, George R. R. Martin, you fuckin' fine, all profound with your hackneyed historical allegories and distorted political realism. I would totally read your books, both my pen name and the real me." when all you really want to do is reread Lolita in your corner office. Like seriously imagine having to be you and not only sit in that chair while George R. R. Martin flaunts his disgusting prose in front of you, the embarrassing metaphors barely concealing his utter lack of literary nuance, and just sit there, page after page, chapter after chapter, while he perfected that novel. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking drivel but his haughty attitude as everyone on the board tells him he's SURPASSED TOLKIEN and DAMN, GEORGE R. R. MARTIN WRITES LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his overt perversions contort into types of fetishization you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been reading nothing but a healthy diet of Joyce, Pynchon and Wallace for your ENTIRE ADULT LIFE coming straight out of a boarding school in Europe. You've never even read anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you encounter the pinnacles of his work, every stool that was looser than the one before and her cunt that became the world, as he recites them while gesturing suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to get paid to sit there and revel in his "painstaking (for that is what he calls it)" writing, the writing he worked so sporadically for in the previous decades. And then the editor in chief calls for another discussion, and you know you could discredit Martin’s entire bibliography before the SJW and diversity hires could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking you. You're not going to lose your future publisher’s career over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
Name me a better series and I'll gladly read it to completion.
>>
>>87070828
>What was Aragorn’s tax policy?
jesus christ, this man is lost beyond redemption. who the fuck even things this shit?
>>
>>87068449
>trash tier titles
>trash tier covers
Who would want to read that garbage
>>
>>87070880
If you're still looking for replies, I say you should seek professional help.
>>
>>87071197
he's right though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.