[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit. At its best this show is one of the funniest shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: californication.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
californication.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
Holy shit. At its best this show is one of the funniest shows of all time, once it clicked I really loved the depravity and the razor sharp dialogue.

I love the scene where Hank accidentally goes to sleep on Charlie's neighbors' kid's bed.

Charlie: You're lucky you didn't try anything with that kid.

Hank: Why the fuck would I do that?

Charlie: I don't know it's dark, you're drunk. Holes is holes, Hank.

What are some of your favorite moments/dialogue?
>>
>>87064766
it's mediocre at best and after the 3rd season the running gags become boring and tiresome.
>>
>>87064857
I firmly disagree. The depraved carnal sex comedy and dialogue is top notch at times. It's pretty brilliant at its best.
>>
Lol, literally everything in this show is about sex and carnal needs, basically. The romantic fluff is not what the show's about.
>>
>>87064766
It's made for chicks. Let's be honest.
>>
>>87065250
for *the* chicks?
or do you mean in a chick-flick kinda way?
Pls elaborate if its the latter.
>>
File: 1488428340353.png (56KB, 187x229px) Image search: [Google]
1488428340353.png
56KB, 187x229px
>>87064766
>Charlie: I don't know it's dark, you're drunk. Holes is holes, Hank.
damn, now that's what I call razor sharp dialogue
>>
>>87064942
can we both agree your opinions are dog shit?
>>
>>87065333
lol
>>
>>87065366
I don't hold my opinions in very high regard, and for the sake of not getting into a useless argument I'll gladly agree.
>>
I've been meaning to go back and rewatch this dumpster fire because I at least recall enjoying the first few seasons. I wouldn't exactly call the dialogue razor sharp though. It's just a Bukowski ripoff and Bukowski's a dumb cunt with, at most, wit at the bottom of a bottle.
>>
>>87065322
I suppose you could say "chick flick" kind of way. Despite promiscuous and slutty women constantly fucking up Hank's (and other men's) life, the show itself tries to avoid shedding light on the fact. It avoids putting any kind of harsh judgement on women, and portrays men as minions who put pussy on a pedestal, like its the single most important thing in our lives. In other words, the show's for women and unaware cucks.
>>
>>87065623
First season is cool but not that funny.
It gets really funny later on as everything that happens becomes more and more about sex. When it becomes completely ridiculous and unbelievable in season 3 the show's at it's best.
In season 5 there's the fucking RZA and he's hilarious. Check out The Ride-Along from that season.
>>
>>87065868
Oh, I've finished all the seasons lol. It definitely got worse, even with some of the cameos and bizarre plots.
>>
>>87065754
Dude, you're taking it way too seriously. It is completely unrealistic and it doesn't try to make a point at all, LMAO.
It's all about the comedy that comes from the carnal style of the show.
>>
It's a really great show. Plebs saw the tits and sex and wrote the show off as shallow. I think Hank Moody is a fascinating character and not surprisingly, Duchovny plays a sex addict perfectly. It's got some great humor and the occasional feels too
>>
Fun show, and David's a good lad.
Always fun to watch on him act, had that itch since x-files desu.
>>
I can't believe the actress who played Becca didn't take off. I totally didn't fast forward any scene she was in.
>>
>>87065963
desu I'd really like to meet David lmao. He seems like a top lad.
>>
File: IMG_1722.jpg (228KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1722.jpg
228KB, 2048x1536px
>>87064766
Lew Ashby's statue
https://youtu.be/5SjGnxyKPhc
>>
>>87066000
Becca's character gets better when she starts having sex imo. The chemistry between her and Hank becomes hilarious.
>>
>>87065924
Well in that case, it's just not funny.
>>
>>87066000
She sort of has, at least for voice acting.
>>
>>87064766
My favorite scene is after Runkle gets fired and is coked out eating lobster shouting "you never fucking listen to me!" season 2 I believe

Anyway, first four seasons are great, the rest is garbage
>>
>>87066000
she also became hotter as the show progressed
>>
>>87066000
Why was she even cast? She looks nothing like the actors playing her parents
>>
>>87064766
Just wait for the remake, featuring a KANG as protagonist
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.