[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any plans to actually develop this character? For a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: promo320627889.jpg (597KB, 3733x2100px) Image search: [Google]
promo320627889.jpg
597KB, 3733x2100px
Are there any plans to actually develop this character? For a show that prides itself in moral grey areas and three dimensional characters, it seems odd that the ultimate final villain is pretty much just an evil monster with no real personality traits.
>>
NO TIME
>>
>is there any plans to make Normie media good

No
>>
he's like the ultimate personification of death so he doesn't say anything and he has no personality. it's really deep
>>
>>87061252
He's actually pretty developed. They're doing a good job of showing him as an accomplished strategist and general. We know what his powers are, and his motivations. We know his origin story. There's a lot already there.
>>
>>87061252
>a show that prides itself in moral grey areas
Bahahahahahaha
>>
>>87061252

THERE'S NO TIME FOR ANY OF DAT!
WHILE WE STAND HERE DEBATING...
>>
>>87061298
UNGLE DABRID
>>
>>87061784
I know you're memeing, but getting Jon to act this way was the purpose of him attacking Hardhome when he did, and scaring the shit out of him while he fled. He wants his enemies acting in desperation and throwing as many soldiers at him as they can muster.
>>
The point is that despite all the political scheming, none of it matters when faced with a threat that has no concern for humanity at all.
>>
>>87061252
>the ultimate final villain is pretty much just an evil monster with no real personality traits.

The Night King is a First Man that was captured by the Children of the Forest to defend them from other first men. He is pretty much the embodiment of death. What his motive is, isn't completely clear yet. He could be coming to restore the balance (due to a pact with the CotF?)

Also, for some reason, the show depicts them as some group of rabid zombies, while in the books they seem to be a actual civilitation with their own culture. Sorta like aliens. So a reason reason for them moving south could be that they need resources.

The Night King is a complex character but the show hasn't done him much good so far. I'm assuming more will be explained in the last season. My guess would be that he is somehow connected to Bran. Maybe Bran went and influenced the past (like what happened to Wylis/Hodor) to prevent the WW from being created and fucked shit up worse. Who knows.
>>
>>87062687
Adding to this, the NK is also put in place as a dangerous, mutual enemy to everyone else. Something that makes all conflict irrelevant since kingdoms will fall anyway.

He definately will be more explored in S8.
>>
>>87061252
We will get an entire episode in season 8 dedicated to fleshing out his character and his tax policy.
>>
>>87062892
I'm betting he will be a character that was very important in the past and not some random First Man they picked off the streets like they are portraying him now.
He could be a Stark ancestor (didn't Brandon Stark build The Wall?) or perhaps family of a powerful First Man.
>>
>>87063099
Arent a Starks black haired?
He was blondish in the flashback iirc
>>
>For a show that prides itself in moral grey areas and three dimensional characters, it seems odd that the ultimate final villain is pretty much just an evil monster with no real personality traits.
I have absolutely no doubt the Others will be given a pretty decent explanation and motivation in the books. Everything Martin has said about the series and how he doesn't write pure evil indicates that. The only reason we don't know it yet is because we've never seen anything from their point of view. Now that Bran can see visions of the past, he'll probably be able to figure out what they want.

D&D are probably aware of their motivations (as part of what GRRM gave them about the end of the series), but who knows how much they'll use in the show.
>>
>33 (THIRTY-THREE) active game of thrones threads right now

holy shit i'm so glad this season just ended
>>
>>87063175
Well Sansa is red-headed so I'm unsure.
I think that the CotF, in an effort to stop the First Men from fully conquering Westeros + destroying them and their culture in the process, captured Brandon Stark and transformed him into the Night King.

There have been a few Brandon Starks though.
Brandon the Builder and Brandon of the Bloody Blade being the 2 most noteworthy in this situation.

BotBB slaughtered so many Children at Blue Lake it became known as Red Lake.
They could have captured him and transformed him in the NK, the ebodiment of death.

There are a LOT of interesting theories but I'm leaning towards this one.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.