[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>yfw you purposefully delay finishing the books because you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: hGhNRr06[1].jpg (136KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
hGhNRr06[1].jpg
136KB, 1252x1252px
>yfw you purposefully delay finishing the books because you know that the showrunners will fuck up the show without books to adapt and you want the books to be remembered as the better version of the story
>>
>>87057028
More like I'm a millionaire now and don't give a fuck about writing teen literature.
>>
The reason your premise is faulty is it assumes the books will ever be finished. They will not.
>>
>>87057028
what would you do if hbo dumped truckloads of money to your house?
>>
File: happy.gif (82KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
happy.gif
82KB, 201x200px
SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT GAME OF SHIT OUTSIDE YOUR FUCKING GENERAL YOU TURBO WANKER
>>
>>87057028
Pointless if he'll die before finishing it.
>>
>>87057028
is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?
>>
>>87057028
the books are even worse than the show, fuck off fat hackdrone
>>
>>87057371
This.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (77KB, 717x890px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
77KB, 717x890px
>>87057028
>implying he isnt just copying d&d's ideas and putting them in his books
>implying he's finishing the books
>implying he gives a fuck at all
>>
>>87057028
pretty sure he just got lazy after he realized he doesn't have to finish the books now that he has all this money
>>
>>87057028
>yfw you purposefully delay finishing the books
He's been struggling to write them for years before HBO even bought rights to adapt them. He's a fat lazy hack.
>>
>>87057833

This. It started taking 5 years average to finish a new book after A Storm of Swords.
>>
>>87057028

The joke is on him, i've lost interest in reading his books. And i quit watching show after season 4.
>>
>>87057599
If he's in it for the money and not the passion for writing he took a super risky move writing books.
>>
>>87058441
but you're still a fag on /tv/ bitching all day with nothing better to do gg
>>
>>87057028
>purposefully delay finishing the books
>purposefully

hahahaha
>>
I wanna start reading and I'm interested in the book version of GoT, should I read them?
>>
>>87059225
Read the first three books + Jaime, Davod and their chapters in dance and feast and then stop reading
>>
>>87059307
Feast is the best one you pleb, you're cutting out septon merribald and Dorne in your cut.
>>
I think it's partially because of how he set up turning it to full action ice zombies and dragon fire but that doesn't fit his style or how the series was
>>
>>87057028
based george
>>
>>87057028
*dies*
>>
>>87057028
GRRM is a good writer who ventures into the realm of great occasionally.

Endings really aren't his wheelhouse. Tuff Voyaging was a ton of fun, but the ending to "Plague Star" was ... well let's just say GRRM tried to make it clever but it falls flat of everything else.

He's not Tolkien or C.S. Lewis regarding endings, so extra time / help finding the right ending is okay with me. I don't see it getting anything but better than what it would be if GRRM was writing it all on his own without external ideas floating around.
>>
>>87061352
>He's not Tolkien
>mmm...something something, eagles

Ahh, I see.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.