[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It Comes At Night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 1

File: it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg (281KB, 1280x1897px) Image search: [Google]
it-comes-at-night-poster.jpg
281KB, 1280x1897px
About to watch this film.

Does it contain any form of race-bait? I couldn't tell from the trailers. Otherwise i'm not bothering.
>>
>>87055210
No but it's shit so you'd be wasting your time anyways
>>
>>87055702
This
It's a generic "humans are the real monsters" story, but tryhards pretend to like it because muh minimalism
>>
Nothing happens

Its just a post-apo of people living in the wood and whispering to eachother the entire movie

Nothing supernatural or scary happens.
The scary parts failed to be scary
>>
>>87055210
0/10 hope you don't have something better to do
>>
Only pretentious hipsters who brag they went to film school will say this movie is ''art''
>>
>>87055702
>>87055810
>>87056020
>>87056089
>>87056224
Unironically all correct.
>>
>>87056427
>>87056224
>>87056020
>>87055810
>>87055702
garbage opinions
>>
>>87055702
This.
>>
all you amerifats were ruined by the trailers

this is quite honestly film of the year and one of the best horror films ive seen in ages

sorry you need fairytales to be entertained billybobs

in the film everyone acted rationally, at least everyone acted in a way that made sense to their own characters

you dont need to see the apocalypse, you dont need exposition, you dont need clear cut answers

the fact that there are at least two ways to think about the events that unfolded and that THEY BOTH MAKE SENSE is an achievement in itself and one that rises this film above the usual horror dross that comes from America

A Ghost Story on the other hand. That was trash.
>>
>>87055702
this
>>
>joel edgerton

i must watch
>>
>>87058309
Literally this
>>
>>87058309
tl;dr
I like more intelligent or suspenceful horror, but this is not that. It's not scary, it's not thrilling, it's just boring.
>>
>>87059281
can you give me a better example of intelligent or suspenseful horror?
>>
So, who opens the door?
>>
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>87056684
triggered?
>>
>>87055702
>>87055810
>>87056020
>>87056224
sounds like that Redditcore trash with those nazi punks and Patrick Steward. Forgot the name of that shitstain of a flick.
>>
I don't care about the door

why the fuck were they such cunts to not let that family leave
>>
Essentially it's a film about a autistic neet nigger that fucks everything up by being autistic neet nigger. Stay at your room, Travis.
>>
Is there a decent torrent for this yet? All I find are HD Cam rips
>>
>>87062418
1080 webrip already up.
>>
>>87062328
I wanted his dad to break his legs after he ran off into the woods like a retard

being a "doglover" is hollywood's go-to ez excuse to make characters do the dumbest fucking shit ever
>>
>>87062701
>being a "doglover" is hollywood's go-to ez excuse to make characters do the dumbest fucking shit ever

Isn't that a truth. Fucking infuriating.
>>
>>87062865
>>87062701
He liked the dog a lot because it was his grandfather's dog.

My theory is that an enemy group used a dog whistle to attract Stanley, then they beat and infected him before leaving his bloodied body at their doorstep as a method of biological warfare. Andrew must have happened upon Stanley earlier in the night (before Travis). Regardless of whether or not he opened the door, and whether or not he sleep walked, he was the first to be infected; hence, how Travis became infected, and how Will's family got infected.
>>
>>87055210
There's zero mention of race, the black people just exist.
The movie is kind of lackluster though. The ending is horribly disappointing.
>>
i cant find a link, stream or torrent of this flick anywhere, someone help me
>>
>>87064951
kickass
>>
>>87061239
Green Room which I loved and I liked this as well. Guess I'm reddit
>>
Funny how no one can form a single actual buzzword-free argument against the film since it release, only the usual "boring nothing happens" comments.
>>
>>87060911

SPOILER

The black kid does because he is going through the first stages of the disease.

Although the father says that the first stages are the rashes it could be said that the first stages are vivid dreams and sleepwalking. This is possibly why the young child is found sleeping in the grandfathers room because he possibly also has it.

Some of the contents of the night scenes, both the dreams and the more realistic ones may have been in the black kids head. We don't know what really going on at night. I think somehow the black kid sleepwalked and opened the door, possibly also fucked the dog up, possibly also had some encounter with the wife of the other family.

This is also why his masturbation fantasies were presented as so vivid in the film, because the disease is affecting him. (also, how did he know about that listening spot in the attic before the other family got there, was his listening to his parents have sex?)

At the end the family wants to leave because they realize that the black kid has the disease. Of course that situation could devolve, if the other family tells other survivors about the house the family inside could be fucked.
>>
>>87065103
Well, we certainly can shit up some big words to end up with the same exact conclusion, the question is, are your really that much of a pseud that you need 10 page """intellectual""" masturbation to express your basic opinion of a flick?
>>
>>87065717
No, I need a single actual buzzword-free argument against it, no matter is it a sentence long or a whole essay.
Most people who talk shit about it either talk about their mood during the fil. (le boring meme) or talk about what they think are the viewers (le pretentious hipsters), no one says a single damn thing about why is the actual film bad.
>>
>>87065482
you're so full of shit it really is too bad you can't even notice the smell
>>
>>87065950
it's boring and that's bad for any film, you fat jackass.
>>
>>87066788
This is exactly what he means, you aren't reasoning your just saying its boring, that's the exact same as saying its dumb

You are just using a single word to describe a film. You aren't actually forming a thought you're just shitting out a one word answer.

Why don't you like movie
It dumb
It boring

Are you a five year old?
>>
>>87066679
this actually explains how the door got open though
>>
they tried to be clever with the abrupt ending but it was a failed exercise
it was a weak pay off for the time invested
there were a lot of actions without real consequences and a loose lore surrounding the entire plot
it was just alright for the most part, but after the ending it was a shaggy dog story with a mundane punchline
>>
>>87066679
http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1668770/why-the-it-comes-at-night-alternate-ending-didnt-work-according-to-joel-edgerton

"Because of the sickness, part of the sickness feeds into the dreams that Kelvin's character is having, so ultimately him slipping into illness is his final dream".

This is a quote from the director
>>
>>87066679
more evidence:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/06/09/it_comes_at_night_s_director_on_the_movie_s_ending.html

"until where I think the movie leads to—in the woods, between the families, reality has become a nightmare, and they combine and converge into one"
>>
>>87066679
"When Travis finds the kid and takes him back to bed and he’s kind of walking around the house and then he sees the door open, it’s also a lot of our nightmare grammar—it’s like a lot of times you see Travis at night with a lantern, we’re going into nightmares, especially if he’s going near that door. We have a subtle bit of our nightmare texture coming in there for the first time in the film, when it’s typically relegated only for nightmares. We then let it go crazy for the climax, but that is a big first moment playing with that perception of nightmare, what’s real or not. Especially for Travis, who, I think is sort of an insomniac. And he could be unreliable, I don’t know".

I mean with this one he couldnt really spell it out more
>>
>>87067498
>>87067418
>>87067286
these are all fair enough, but all it means is that the director failed to present his premise
good intentions and poor execution
shame. thought it was going to be a good one.
>>
>>87066788
Boring is not a valid argument, it only says what your mood was while watching the film.
Same as saying "it was fun", that does not indicate anything about the actual quality of the film whatsoever.
>>
>>87067703
so ive seen this film twice, admittedly i looked up theories after seeing it the first time, not because I was frustrated with it but just to see what people thought, then went back in with the knowledge that the dreams may be real, it made the film a lot stronger the second time

I think the film worked both times, it didn't need to fully explain what happened, there were enough plausible explanations for the door opening and the dog reappearing that it didn't break its internal consistency for me
>>
>>87067934
dog could be the fellas they shot in the woods
what about the door?
also your post proves my point that the director failed at their intentions
>>
10/10

True horrorkino. This director needs to make more movies. Amazing experience. Made me unconfortable many times. The thrill. The music is perfect. Everything about this movie is perfect. Except maybe why the fuck is this second Edgerton movie, where he has a black wife? Am I seriously suppose to believe this is not propagandistic?
>>
>>87068034
dog could be the fellas in the woods

could be travis in a dream state

could be an accident and the dog crawled back

could be the father who is worried that the dog will give away their position

the door could have been travis, the small kid, the parents of the small kid who are working with other survivors outside or just to destabilize the family

like the director says, its about the fear of the unknown

I dont think he failed in his intentions: would you be able to explain all the details of The Shining?

im not trying to compare the two or that it comes at night is as good but I wouldnt say that either failed at their intentions
>>
>>87068441
you cant explain the door either
the shining didnt want to explain all of the details
even if they have explanations, they arent important
the director wanted to achieve something that was only achieved through explanation independent of the film
he tried, he failed
was it garbage? nah. it was alright. it had atmosphere. was it successful in what it sought to achieve? no. it failed. and it will be forgotten in a year. it would be forgotten already if not for the majority of anons watching downloads instead of going to the cinema
>>
>>87068630
watching the film a second time im pretty certain about travis opening the door, but you are right i cant fully explain it, much like how i cant explain why the manager of the hotel in the shining was getting a blowie from a guy in a pig suit,

I agree It comes at night will most likely be forgotten in a year, but really, what wont from this year? Are there any better horror films from this year? Id love to see one
>>
./tv/ was right that movie was a waste of an 2 hours
>>
>>87055702
This
>call your film "it comes at night"
>nothing comes at night
>nothing is even hinted to come at night
>nothing even comes during the day
>there is no "it"
>>
>>87069716

>blaming the director for kike marketing decisions
>>
>>87069716
>>87069788

also

"it" is the dreams and the fear
>>
2/3rds good DayZ style post-apoc flick.

Plot holes (key to front door around Dad's neck). And lack of world building (need to hear what the characters actually know to determine how smart they are).
>>
>>87055810
what the fuck are you talking about? It's about an infection
>>
Did it seem really badly acted at times to anyone else?
And the story was just so uninteresting. What was the point? Literally, what was the film trying to say?
>>
>>87055210
Nope, the film never talks about race. Ignore all of the "NOTHING HAPPENS" plebs, they're a bunch of capeshitters who have autistic fits if a movie isn't non-stop action and quips. Go watch the film.
>>
>>87069341
>manager of the hotel in the shining was getting a blowie from a guy in a pig suit
why even type things out if you cant get them right
it comes at night was a 6 at best
get over it
>>
>>87070324
oh whatever it was I dont care

you are a six at best and dont understand It Comes At Night

get over it
>>
>>87070423
im >>87068630
not >>87070324
but you admitted you didnt understand it until you googled it
so shush
>>
>>87070934
I may not initially have understood a vague theory but it was pretty clear that the film was about unknowing and the fear that comes from that

you dont need the knowledge of the dream theory to understand the film

also, seriously, what better horror has come out this year?
>>
>>87071273
there have been exactly 0 good horrors
it comes at night is barely a horror
its a distopian thriller
you keep dancing around the point im making so i wont bother talking about it with you
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.