[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American Crime Story Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: 3454.jpg (451KB, 680x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3454.jpg
451KB, 680x1000px
So I just watched the whole season and must say that this was without a doubt a very great show. Characterisation, dialogues, acting, etc. was spot on and even though it was obviously biased against O.J., the writers still managed to show the human sides and motivations of the antagonists.

Did anyone else still feel a very bitter aftertaste after watching this though? It baffles me that even though after all the hard evidence that was provided, the jury and most of America was still dumb enough, basically even mentally handicapped to some extent, to rather focus on racial indifferences rather than looking at the case at hand, which was the two murders of OJ's ex wife and her boyfriend.

If this show was even only 50% true to real life and the evidence the same, how can anyone watch this and not think the jury was dumb as fucking shit?
>>
You can watch whole trial here, but it is 39 366 minutes and 10 seconds long. You would have to spend 27 days watching it without break to see it whole.

>https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMI3RjXTXUqrhWN3Vp05AcfyeSgMVMq9d
>>
any reasonable human being knows he fucking did it

but yes, probably best show of the year
>>
>>87055428

fucking christ, didn't even know ALL of it was recorded

>>87055525

yeah but how come the jury wasn't able to see the evidence as what it really was, namely a solid foundation for finding him guilty? is it really that cochrane was THAT good to play the race card so black would be blinded by it?
>>
>>87056139
look up interviews with the jury, they were legitimately retarded
>>
>>87056368
Most were black and wanted to see OJ go free regardless if he did it or now
>>
Just rewatched the show. Your thoughts are spot on with mine.

It's amazing how dumb the jury was and how well Johnny knew that fact. He knew anytime anyone called out his shit he could just pull the race card again and everybody would eat it up.
>>
>>87056368

are you referring to a specific interview? if yes, could you post it?

>>87056480

well, that's what I figured from watching the show. it was actually pretty enraging to see how black people were the racist ones in that case while using the excuse of the police being racist too. it's basically a "he did it first, mom!!!" type of bullshit, only that there were two deaths at stake and the jury chose to focus on something else entirely
>>
I really really liked this show. I want to watch the ESPN dictionary but I don't want to put in the effort to find it anywhere.
>>
>>87056139
There's a great documentary on this (can't quite remember the name) that was on BBC a bit back and they have interviews with the jury. Some of them basically say "I know he obviously fucking did it and knew at the time but they didn't prove it well enough in court". One old bitch is even like "I made the right decision".

Even with the benefit of hindsight, they still try to convince themselves that it was the prosecution's fault.
>>
>>87056608

>He knew anytime anyone called out his shit he could just pull the race card again and everybody would eat it up

that was actually pretty amazing. even though I hated him, I still was able to understand that he had a personal agenda in this case. he perfectly fucked literally everyone over by using perfect metaphors and reasoning for his arguments. reminds me of some kind of puppet master who is able to control every outcome to his advantage. how america doesn't see that pulling the race card all the time is retarded and only leads to more racism is profoundly funny. I actually expected the good black guy to tell him something like "you won but you are the reason this country has become even more racist" during their final discussion
>>
>>87056720

yeah, the show even showed the scene where the jury was discussing it and most of them were like "there wasn't enough proof"

jesus fucking christ, how much proof do you need? clearly OJ's gloves, blood everywhere, dna results showing OJ's blood was present too, evidence that OJ was in the vicinity of the crime scene and rushed back to his house after the crime happened..... did they need a fucking picture of him doing it? fuck me
>>
File: IMG_1060.gif (249KB, 220x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1060.gif
249KB, 220x306px
>>87056139
It was all live on tv mate every day even here in Britain. I can remember watching as a kid was pretty good and am sure the show is pretty authentic. Also the show was awesome i though friends guy was good and didn't recognise john Travolta for a bit. I just hope the next one is as good.

>his son did it the cook. Oj was innocent.
>>
>>87054693
dude, they're naggers.. the whites said not guilty because they wanted to avoid a riot, they didnt realize the precedent they were setting
>>
>>87056957
the best bit was the glove thing. fucking dumb thing for the prosecutor to do but in the interviews the jury even said, "He didn't NEED to do that, we knew OJ wouldn't let it fit and it made the prosecution look foolish!"

If they knew OJ was gonna "not let it fit" then they knew that it must actually fit. So OJ was guilty. They were so fucking retarded it hurt.
>>
I don't remember but is there a scene where OJ asks his lawyers if they think he did it? I'm trying to think yeah, he fucking killed them.
>>
>>87056975

I never even got word of it back in the day in Germany. I was in fucking kindergarden back in 95 and I assume Germans didn't bother putting the trial on TV. It was surely in the news but not broadcasted

>am sure the show is pretty authentic

I think it is. I looked up some stuff and the show seems legit. also tries to portray everyone as a good guy to some degree which is a nice change. even travolta's character had worries about the whole race thing going on even though he was quite a selfish prick

>I just hope the next one is as good

well, I heard the Versace killing was quite interesting so I'm looking forward to it. I hope it comes out as soon as possible
>>
>>87054693
You should watch the documentary if you haven't already. Gives a lot of background to the racial aspects of the trial which helps you understand and empathise with why the black jurors weren't willing to prosecute OJ.
>>
>>87057044

yeah, they showed that in the jury thing. retarded cunts

>>87057046

travolta's character asked that in the show and nobody said anything. must have been a living hell for robert kardashian slowly realising that your best friend has probably killed his ex-wife
>>
>>87056139
>is it really that cochrane was THAT good to play the race card
Sort of. The cops were lazy about the investigation, and the prosecution did a really terrible job at presenting the case, probably because both assumed it would be an easy conviction. The show actually glossed over a lot of the prosecution's fuckups; everyone knows about the glove fiasco, but after the trial most of the jurors went on record stating that they didn't know anything about DNA evidence and the prosecution didn't explain it well enough.

Basically, everything was handled so incompetently that Cochran was able to create doubt in the jury by focusing on a separate issue and projecting. It's kind of fucked up, but he was a lawyer and getting his client off through any means necessary was his job.
>>
>>87057044
>If they knew OJ was gonna "not let it fit" then they knew that it must actually fit.
more like nobody would be even willing to take the risk, guilty or otherwise.
>>
File: IMG_1061.jpg (227KB, 640x497px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1061.jpg
227KB, 640x497px
>>87057154
Was 15 at the time that shit was every where here broadcast live on sky news and daily update on the 10:00 news. It was talk about in school classes although I didn't know how big a star "the juice" was he was just the guy from naked gun for us. The car chase was crazy baby's first happening you could say. I thought everyone one played there part well in the show and felt like I was seeing another side to the story from his side really.

Is the next one the Versace I didn't know that I had heard it was to do with hurricane Katrina and the shit that happened after that.
>>
Juice killed em. No fucking question.
>>
File: IMG_1018.gif (2MB, 312x176px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1018.gif
2MB, 312x176px
>>87057289
All of this the prosecution fucked up badly as they thought it was a slam dunk the funk and the chick had a hard on for busting his ass. So the didn't really do their job or really investigate it properly.
>>
>>87057183
>helps you understand and empathise with why the black jurors weren't willing to prosecute OJ.

It had the opposite effect. It just reinforced my hatred for black people. The black female jurors and the black attorney are the literal definition of niggers.
>>
he didnt do it
>>
>>87058545
So after all the decades of shit they went through that the documentary covered you didn't understand why they wanted revenge? You couldn't imagine yourself doing the same in their place?
>>
>>87058719
You have to go back
>>
File: 1502336887179.jpg (298KB, 1082x1404px) Image search: [Google]
1502336887179.jpg
298KB, 1082x1404px
>>87058719
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

*inhales*

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>87058719
You do realize where you are, Tyrone?
>>
>>87058843
>>87058868
>>87058969
>retards right on cue
nice
>>
Whoever thought to include the cliffhanger ending shot with Mark "Ever try to find a bruise on a nigger?" Fuhrman polishing his case of Nazi Medals should have been fucking fired on the spot. Like does he have a hidden Nazi Shrine? Does he just never have company around lest they see that he has a bunch of Nazi memorabilia? That is such a clumsy, on the nose, idiotic way of showing that the guy is a crazy racist
>>
I think in reality it was a combination of OJs fame and rags to riches story, the race card as played by Johnnie Cochran expertly, the incompetence of the prosecution and having their key officer on the scene being labeled as a racist. Fuhrman's testimony was the linchpin of the prosecution, when those tapes of him cane out their entire case crumbled.

But he without did the murders.
>>
File: IMG_1054.jpg (110KB, 622x735px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1054.jpg
110KB, 622x735px
>>87058719
No I'm white.
>>
>>87059253
t. DeMarquis Hernandez Washington
>>
>>87059433
it's interesting how there's this mental block with bigots where logic just stops
>>
>>87059256
Well it's true, Fuhrman had an extensive collection of Nazi Memorabilia.
>>
>>87059256
Yeah that was asinine. Lots of people collect that stuff. They tried labeling the firearms and antiques expert from pawn stars as a nazi because he was selling hitlers desk for a couple million. Honestly though I'd imagine most white LAPD cops felt the same way as Fuhrman after being involved in the 92 riots.
>>
File: 1480451488027.gif (1MB, 257x200px) Image search: [Google]
1480451488027.gif
1MB, 257x200px
>>87059529
>bigots
Come on, now. Do you know where you are?
>>
>>87054693
Very good shit.

Johnnie Cochran is the best tv villain in a decade.
>>
>>87059803
>johnnie was the villain
If anything it was Shapiro. They tried to make it seem like Cochran was in it for the bigger fight.
>>
>>87059705
and then they try to redirect you to cover their idiocy
>>
File: IMG_0987.gif (931KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0987.gif
931KB, 500x338px
>>87059529
>mentel blocks bigots
C'mon tom that's not nice now I'm just a realist. White men don't make good slaves, we stand up for ourselves and don't need little fat girls with pink hair todo it for us.
>>
>>87056667
>2 deaths
Did the LAPD ever kill a negro? If they did that's good enough for those who are dumb enough to want OJ free because muh racism.
>>
File: IMG_0690.jpg (23KB, 720x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0690.jpg
23KB, 720x449px
>>87059885
Johnny was a racebater that's why every time something went wrong or they lost a footing he had the brothers of Islam threatening riots.
>>
File: 1503605004252.jpg (441KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1503605004252.jpg
441KB, 1920x1920px
>>87057257
>must have been a living hell for robert kardashian slowly realising that your best friend has probably killed his ex-wife
And now all his girls are on tv dating dindus. Wouldn't it be ironic if one of them got killed like Nicole?
>>
>>87058719
>i let that guy go because some bad things happened to some people he has no relation too and the people he killed were the same color as some people who did something bad a long time ago
Someone call dylan roof and let him know hes free to go because this is basically the precedent your setting
>>
>>87060928
It was obviously wrong, but I don't know how realistically you could've expected any differently knowing the events leading up to the case.
>>
This show bored the shit out of me.
Very well made but man it wasn't worth keeping up with every week.
>>
>>87054693
I thought it was pretty accurate from what I know
The only thing was the Nazi memorabilia
>>
>>87058719
>you didn't understand why they wanted revenge? You couldn't imagine yourself doing the same in their place?
No because I'm a human being, not a nigger. Thank you for highlighting why these animals have no place in civil society.
>>
File: american crime story versace.jpg (191KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
american crime story versace.jpg
191KB, 1024x683px
Do you think season 2 can come close to the first one?
>>
>>87061934
It's got Penelope Cruz playing a woman who looks like a monster so it has that going for it.
>>
>>87056139
If you're doing your job as a juror "Beyond a reasonable doubt" is a pretty hard criteria to meet. They fucked it up more than enough to provide for reasonable doubt.
>>
>>87054693
the jury did the right thing, if one of the cracker cops is a racist twit you must acquit
>>
>>87061934
>sarah paulson doesn't play Donatella
>Travolta doesn't play Versace
>David Schwimmer not playing the twink

I hate that this a serious show
>>
>tfw season 4 is a bill clinton season
feels very good

Who should they cast?
>>
>>87061934
Are the actual writers of the OJ Simpson one coming back? Because if it's just a Ryan Murphy show about a famous gay designer then it's gonna be trash
>>
>if the glove don't fit, then acquit

>the jury fell for this
>>
>>87055428
Wow I didn't know Sarah Paulson sounded exactly like Marcia Clark. And that hair stuff is just autistic.
>>
>>87054693
>>87056139
>>87056368
>>87056480

I have served on an attempted murder trial jury with a black defendant in the Southern US

Defense lawyers basically get to pick the jurors here. And they usually know which ones to pick based purely on appearance. The people I shared the jury room with were for the most part, dull, simple, lower class folk. Two or three people usually are vocal and attentive, and lead the rest of the jury's opinion for better or worse. The rest just couldn't care less and want to get a verdict and leave ASAP
>>
>>87057840
Katrina was supposes to be s2 but they switch that out for Versace.
>>
>>87059803

he wasn't really a villain but more of a person that was blinded by the wrongdoings of cops toward black people. I get where he came from and I totally understand his reasoning but using the case for his personal vendetta is fucking retarded even though it worked. unfortunately, he made a lot of white people hate blacks and also let a killer go free at the same time

>>87060306

obviously it was good enough for them but I still don't understand how an entire jury will rather submit to racebaiting instead of focusing on the case. it's ridiculous. in other countries, that would never happen

>>87060715

well, he died from cancer in 2003 or so so he at least doesn't have to witness all of that shit
>>
>>87062147

>tfw if OJ had been sentenced guilty, black people would have gone apeshit
>tfw there would be several people killed in the following riots

caspere knew this
>>
>>87065091
>better let the niggers get their way lest they chimp out
>>
The jury wasn't "dumb", they were mostly black and weren't going to let a black man go down for killing 2 white people.
>>
Marcia Clark: "I was raped in Italy."

Actually it was Israel.
>>
>>87066660
>ron goldman
>white
>>
>>87066778
Blacks don't know the difference. An Argentinian with pale skin is white to them.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.