[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's Talk about Kill Bill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: killbill.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
killbill.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>Tarantino's 4th and 5th films explore the ultra-violent revenge story of a bride against her ex-colleagues.

What does /tv/ think?

Mindless, childish and characterless violence for the sake of it, or a creative and action-packed thriller?
>>
Depends if you're gay or not.

If you're gay, it's childish. If you're straight it's a refreshing callback to a forgotten genre, injected with just the right balance of levity and heart.
>>
>>87048602
What if I'm bisexual and love Kill Bil
>>
>>87048677
Bisexuals are gay, but they get to choose when to express it or not. In this case it would be suppressing your gayness
>>
>>87048360

Trash. The action is poor and all the story is intrusive and dull. Cringe inducing dialogue.
Even my horny level for Uma couldn't hold my interest.
>>
Of all the critiques I dont get "characterless". Are you really gonna go with characterless? To me there was fantastic characters that live on in my mind and in the Tarantino Cinematic Universe. Were some stilted a little bit? Yes but that's par for this genre, and its for good effect. The Bride, the Deadly Viper Assignation squad, Bill, Bud, Hatori Hanzo, The Crazy 88, Pai Mei! There are fantastic characters. They are not always believable, and they are sometimes hammy and distorted tropes but wasn't that the WHOLE FUCKING POINT? to say it was characterless is asinine and dishonest. There was characters who had character and had individual characterizations as groups and individuals. Were they unique or delicate and well crafter characters, no, not always. But there were characters who are immortal on my mind.
>>
Just rewatched the 2 volumes. Poor man's Pulp Fiction if you ask me.
>>
>>87048776
I don't think you quite understand how this works.
>>
>>87049282
Yes apples are a poor mans oranges.
>>
>>87048360
Kill Bill vol 1 is my favorite movie. It has the cool kind of weebshit that appeared in the late 90s, nice and charismatic characters, action at least every 10 min and Lucy Liu in a cute white kimono.
>>
It's a great flick and anyone who hates it is either baiting or is a fun-sucker.
>>
Kill Bill 1 is enjoyable. Kill Bill 2 feels off.
>>
Kill Bill 1 was my first Tarantino movie and I fell in love with the style
2 doesn't feel right and I really don't like it.
>>
I have seen this movie over 10 times. It's great, but I prefer the second one.
>>
>>87048360

I find it absurd it was supposed to be one film. The film peaks at the crazy 88 fight. There's nothing after that as intense. The Daryl Hanna fight should have been more. She's hyped up as Bills right hand gal, killed her master and it's some close quarters trailer park fight, which is over before it really begins. Then the movie is just all dialogue and the Bill fight is the most anti-climatic thing in all of cinema history. Bill's snake charming was very interesting and still highly discussed. The man is an expert liar and even with all his underlings killed and the bride on a path to finish it, he tries to convince her that she'd have no life of being a mom after this.

I like the 2nd one, but it's such a drop off of the energy and pace the 1st one set up.
>>
>>87049863
>>87051394
I agree. Vol 2 seems to go on a few tangents too many and it loses the intense focus of the first one. I'm not a big fan of the long dialogue scenes which is interesting since I love Inglourious Basterds
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.