[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I liked the first one, why was the second one so bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9321.jpg (37KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9321.jpg
37KB, 182x268px
I liked the first one, why was the second one so bad?
>>
It wasnt bad. Some jokes were funny, the pacing was ok, not brilliant, but not bad for a superhero movie.
>>
>>87045536
I hated the first one enjoyed the second.
It reminded me of looney tunes.
>>
>>87045536
It was shit.
James Gunn should kill himself.
>>
>>87045536
because of constant exposition, constant bad or awkward scenes ending in SILLY JOKE to try and detract from how atrocious it was.

Story was a throwaway shit and a waste of potential
>>
>>87045536
second one is better, you're just dumb
>>
>>87045536
If you disregard the main plot it's a solid film. All the little side adventures are entertaining. At least it's not Valerian.
>>
>>87045536
It wasn't bad at all. Why are you a faggot?
>>
Plot is shit and the jokes are bad, first one is better but overrated as fuck. 4/10
>>
>>87045536
Wasn't bad, just sort of pointless.

Also Quill's dad went from 0 to villain in literally ten seconds, was badly handled.
>>
If you came out of this movie all smug and pissed off, and thought it was shit, I'm sorry to say you might have some sort of personality disorder, social retardation, or you're just a cynical asshole and many people don't like you. You'll likely die alone
>>
That arrow weapon is too unbelievable even for a cartoon universe.
>>
>>87045637
I think that's why I disliked it. It tried too hard to be a cartoon where the first one was just the right level of goofy
Made starcrash look like 2001
>>
>>87046093
>it's bad on purpose
>>
It wasn't as good as the first one but it was still a fun movie.
>>
Because it treated the first movie like a checklist for success. When what made the first movie notable was how unique it was.
>>
>dance off bro
>me and you
nowhere to be seen
>>
>>87048526
Pretty much this. Also, incorporating the mix tape songs into what was happening thematically was sort of dumb. Other things I didn't like:

>The Ravager "code" just so Yondu could have "muh redemption arc."
>The hamfisted "Sovereign Citizens" shit.
>Gags that didn't know when to stop or otherwise didn't land. Examples: The entire intro, "It's not ripe," Groot's fetch quest, "Not that button/Got any tape?"
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.