[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farscape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: p7892905_b_v8_aa.jpg (332KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
p7892905_b_v8_aa.jpg
332KB, 960x1440px
I've watched 9 episodes of this so far, the last one being the one with the fucked up experiments.

What is it that I'm not getting about Farscape? In the last episode I watched D'Argo, Rigel and the blue bitch crossed the line from tolerable to totally unlikable by mutilating the pilot. The only decent people are Aeryn and Crichton subtracting the pilot and the ship who I'm not entirely sure are even individuals.

I know what you're going to say, wait, it's like all science fiction in that it grows the beard and is bad until then. But I don't remember this level of awful characters both in writing and as people in Star Trek or Stargate.

Every time I sit down to watch Farscape the only comparable experience I've had is when I was in hospital once and on a high dosage of drugs. Is it meant to be like this? I'm hesitant to assume that it's literally just le epic random.

I'd like the opinions of others. Perhaps it's this bad or I'm off my rocker.
>>
Stick with it until Scorpy shows up
>>
>>87039882
Unironically this

It seems like all the big scifi shows have the same "the first season sucks" syndrome, Babylon 5, Trek, Farscape...

But when Farscape finally does become good, man, you're in for quite the ride
>>
>>87039850
Scorpius makes the show

Then you rewatch s1 and realize you love it too
>>
>>87039882
yea watch it.
And i dont think you are suppose to like them in s1, but they gow on you are they become better.
>>
>>87040203
That's a fair point but mutilating the pilot and selling his body parts to some cunt is something that I can't even imagine them being able to convince me to like them after
>>
>>87040301
They're all supposed to be awful, selfish prisoners on the run who only stay together because they have no other choice and to further their own interests. They do grow throughout the show and become some kind of weird family with more redeemable qualities.
>>
I just wanna chime in and say the same as the other anons: Just stick with it. If you don't like it by the time Scorpius shows up and the show turns up the craziness, it's probably not for you. But I hope that you'll start to enjoy it. Imo it's one of the best sci-fi shows ever.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.