[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on this film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

thoughts on this film?
>>
>>87036267
Good period music. Nice fight scenes.
Plot made no fucking sense.
>>
>>87036267

Too much cloak and dagger shit, not enough fighting. I know it's a spy movie, but I can only take so much of shifting allegiances before I stop caring.
>>
>>87037992
Fpbp
>>
I need to go out ans buy more Stoli.
>>
cool looking, kind of boring, first post was right though
>>
File: 1493733235313.png (81KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1493733235313.png
81KB, 500x500px
>>87038041
>too much cloak and dagger shit
>in a spy movie
>>
>>87037992
Period music?
Sounds disgusting
>>
>>87036267
Overly convulted plot, dragging first half. Otherwise great soundtrack and choreography.
>>
>>87036267
Pretty fucking good.
>>
File: 1448166670104.gif (982KB, 477x360px) Image search: [Google]
1448166670104.gif
982KB, 477x360px
>>87036267
the brawling was a lot of fun. lot of choking and black eyes, and seeing theron both doing it and taking it was pretty hot.
>>
>>87036267
Sofia Boutella is love
>>
>>87036267
Pretty good albeit forgettable
>>
File: atomiblonde.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
atomiblonde.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>
>>87037992
>Plot made no fucking sense
I keep seeing people on this board say that. I've seen it and I honestly don't know what made it hard to follow.
>>
Poorly executed plot, well done action scenes and lesbian affections
>>
>>87036267

A pleb version of the Long Kiss Goodnight.
>>
>>87043297
That's code. You already know what it's code for.
>>
unfortunately shit movie honestly. The whole mcguffin shit is the laziest plot device imo, never felt exciting, never felt any stakes. This is by no means to say the acting was bad though, James Mcavoy was great, some of the dialogue was fantastic, James' final monologue was perfect and really evoked a lot of emotion.
>>
>>87042784
That woman brightened up the movie honestly, she felt real and like a living character, I loved her scenes.
>>
>>87046404
I don't get this whole "no stakes" thing when talking about movies like this. The stakes are thousands of operatives losing their lives if their real identities fall into the wrong hands. Either you internalize that as the stakes or you don't. If you needed a fast-cut succession of images showing multiple undercover operatives to sell you on the reality of their existence, that's not the film's problem, it's yours.
>>
>>87046925
>The stakes are thousands of operatives losing their lives if their real identities fall into the wrong hands.
You don't feel it though, you don't really care. Did you honestly care? Every movie is about le everyone will die cause of nuke etc. First example that popped into my head with something grandscale actually feeling like it had stakes is in Watchmen with the possible chance of millions of lives being lost around the world which does indeed happen too.
>>
>>87046977
Yeah, this isn't an end of the world scenario, just a bunch of dead operatives. It *shouldn't* feel like narrowly avoided Armageddon, just like she did her job and saved some lives, including her own as it turned out.
>>
>>87047086
I just don't like the Mcguffin plots, it's just convenience and a stand in for a real plot. There were stakes with spyglass (was that his name?) and his family, that was exciting. There were stakes with that other spy girl, but the overarching plot could have been stronger. I'm not a story writer so I can't say I can do a better job or not but it's their job to make a strong story.
>>
>>87036267

Chaneese Teron is a grandma in Hollywood years
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.