[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: eragon-eragon-175445_1280_1024.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
eragon-eragon-175445_1280_1024.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
What went right?
>>
Everything
>>
>I SUFFER WITHOUT MY STONE
>>
>>87031218
the books were shit. therefore the movie was shit
>>
>>87031218
Saphira was cute
>>
>>87031218
first book was ok
2nd was the only really good one
movie had a good aerial dragon battle
thats it
>>
>>87031218
I liked this movie when it came out. I've never gone back and watched it since I know it won't hold up.
>>
It was released too close to LotR and wasn't different enough so it was forgotten.
>>
>>87031728
this
scared to watch it again as i remember nothing from it
>>
>>87031911
It was LotR you stupid faggot. LotR by way of Star Wars but still.

Look at thisfucking shit:

*Ardwen - Arwen
*Isenstar - Isengard
*Mithrim - Mithrim or mithril
*Angrenost - Angrenost
*Morgothal - Morgoth
*Elessari - Elessar
*Furnost - Fornost
*Hadarac Desert - Harad Desert
*Melian - Melian
*Vanilor - Valinor
*Eridor - Eriador
*Imiladris - Imladris
*Undin - Fundin/Udun
*Gil'ead - Gil'Galad
*Ceranthor - Caranthir
*Isidar - Isiludir
*Eragon - Aragorn
>>
>>87031911
Much more Star Wars than LotR. It was, no exaggeration, practically a scene-for-scene remake of A New Hope.
>>
And if someone neefs me to hold their hand through the Star Wars similarities, read this: http://web.archive.org/web/20070501183115/www.anti-shurtugal.com/starwars.htm
>>
>>87032155
Holy shit I know nothing about Eragon and just watched the LotR movies but is the ripoff this obvious?
>>
>>87032434
As >>87032288 says the Star Wars ripoff is actually even more obvious.

Oh and by the way, Christopher Tortellini was not 15 when he wrote his literary abortion, he was 19, almost 20. He was 15 when he "conceptualized" it.
>>
>>87032434
Like said previously its actually a blatant Star Wars ripoff disguised as a blatant Lord of the Rings ripoff. The movie opens with the rebels trying to escape with the stolen secret weapon from the emperor's magic wielding general, so they send it to a reclusive old not-Jedi who has been living in exile, but a young farmboy who lives with his uncle finds it first and the bad guys burn down his house and kill his uncle. He proceeds to team up with the old man, rescue a princess with the old man dying in the process, join the rebellion, and use his expert flying skills in a decisive aerial battle against the empire. In the sequel that never got adapted into a movie there is a "you're related to the villain" twist and he trains with not-Yoda.
>>
>>87032698
>rescue a princess with the old man dying in the process

don't forget about the dashing rogue who helped rescue the princess too
>>
>>87031218
Sienna Gillory was the only thing I remember about it.
>>
>>87031218
lel. I was just playing the Eragon game last night on the original Xbox. the game is a piece of shit.

I liked the movie when it came out though. A better "star warsy" fantasy movie than Willow
>>
>>87031537
This.

These movies and these books make the Twilight movies and books look like fucking masterpieces in comparison.
>>
>>87033844
People shit on this movie and books so much I'm actually tempted to watch/read just to see how bad it really is
>>
>>87033915
it's not that bad. Irons does a good job as Ben Kenobi. That's enough to warrant a view in my book.
>>
>>87032434
Yes.

It was even more obvious in the case of David Weddings. Almost copying a scene word for word.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/complete-absolute-proof-of-eragons-plagarism-if-this-doesnt-prove-it-nothing-will.131987958/
>>
>>87033965
What? Irons fucking phoned it in. Every scene he was in he looked like he wanted to be somewhere else.
>>
>>87034014
how fucking dare you
take that back
>>
>>87034014
I wish I was filming Dungeons and Dragons 2 right now.
>>
These books were fire
>>
>>87031218
Nothing was right. They even can't even grammatically get the title correct.

>lowercase E
>>
>>87032155
Holy shit. There's no way anon..
>>
>>87032305
That's just the hero's journey, Lucas ripped off plenty too.
>>
>>87031218
Jeremy Irons, obviously.
>>
>>87031218
>leave the land at the end like lotr just cuz
>1st dragon rider in like 100 years but still a virgin
>didnt get any elven pussy
JUST
>>
>>87031218
Six limbed dragons.
No wyvern Dragons because the animator got lazy.
>>
>>87031218
Star Wars Episode VIII looking good
>>
>>87031218
>what went right
They didn't make a second movie
>>
While it doesn't really matter, I think that Eragon is not just Aragorn (as the characters aren't really that similar), but it's just Dragon with the next letter in the alphabet.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.