[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tim and Eric Anniversary Special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 28654_58d04ff4b96e4.jpg (116KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
28654_58d04ff4b96e4.jpg
116KB, 400x600px
What did you all think of thr Tim and Eric Anniversary Special last night?

I give it a C, smirked a few times but most of it fell flat. The fact they find people opening mouths then altering their voice to be very deep as "funny" is concerning
>>
File: school.png (318KB, 667x360px) Image search: [Google]
school.png
318KB, 667x360px
>>87018178
same
feel as if they should have done something more special. it's fine if they don't want to make it a big comeback, but it felt like a mediocre episode of the awesome show.
>>
Seemed too much like a "remember these characters" instead of something fresh.

Also, instead of seeing Tim and Eric as these absurdist comedy duo, their shtick felt very formulaic/calculated this time around, almost like a 21st century surreal Stooges

I genuinely believe Tims obsession with Drumpf has hurt his comedic sensibilities, even if this episode had nothing to do with He hasnt been the same since.
>>
File: 1501205255304.gif (1MB, 417x242px) Image search: [Google]
1501205255304.gif
1MB, 417x242px
>>87018178
the problem is that tim and eric has always been really hit or miss, and the recurring gags and characters plus the hit/miss nature works fantastic in a series of ten minute episodes but don't lend themselves well at all to a special. They didn't do any funny new skits or ideas, or even put funny unexpected twists on old ideas, it just felt like I was watching an unremarkable episode of the original show.
>>
File: 1491767316788.png (202KB, 635x541px) Image search: [Google]
1491767316788.png
202KB, 635x541px
>>87018649
For one thing they seemed REALLY low energy, especially Tim. He didn't seem like he wanted to be there, and he didn't have the comic timing and general pizzazz that he used to have. Decker (the show) is fucking AWFUL genuinely unwatchable garbage. I feel like Eric was always the backbone of the comedy and Tim is too old and tired of it all. It doesn't help that virtually everybody on Youtube ripped off their style for the past ten years, now them doing the same shit they did back then feels so tired.
>>
>>87018178
>What did you all think of thr Tim and Eric Anniversary Special last night?
No one watched it. Ratings were non existent.
>>
Rankings in order

>Alright
Spaget
Will Grello
Karate
Child Clown
Tiny Lambo
Brule
Spaghetti Song

>Didnt laugh
Fartz
Casey Song
Dating Infomercial
Barrys Stem
Women in Yard Chanting

Overall: 5.6/10 - An overall unnecessary special that doesnt add any classic skits to the T&EAS canon.
>>
>>87018906

Tim is the genius of T&E

He has done great stuff off the show, Eric just directs LEL SO RANDOM music videos now and then while also roles in shitty flicks/shows (Wrong Cops, Master of None, etc)
>>
AV Cuck Club gave it an A-, confirmed for it sucking

http://www.avclub.com/tim-and-erics-anniversary-special-isnt-a-special-its-a-1798468422
>>
>>87019179

oops i forgot

>Alright
Pierre

>Didnt laugh
David Liebe Hart
>>
>>87019290
>he has done great stuff off the show
such as?
>>
>>87019844

On Cinema*
His podcast appearances*
His stand up*
The Comedy
His music*
First season of Decker

*Pre Drumpf Tim
>>
File: Untitled (7).png (123KB, 939x304px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (7).png
123KB, 939x304px
New season coming!
>>
>>87019290
Eric is legitimately a good director. The episodes of Master of None he directed were extremely well made television. Tim just makes "ironically bad on purpose" Youtube shit.
>>
>>87018178
Also, I understand people want to bash Tim, but saying Eric was always the talented one is deluded. He's worse than Tim, master of none is even worse than Tim new stuff (at least he's still trying to be different)

Truth is Tim and Eric were boosted a lot by douggpound and Jonathan during awesome show (as well as alot of others ) Check any credits without them and you'll notice. Tim is talented though, he just needs good people to work with.
>>
>>87021716

Like Gregg
>>
Special was fucking great.

I was expecting some zombie versions of Tim & Eric but it was just as good as anything ever done on the original show. If you were a fan of the old show you will love this.

I haven't liked Tims liberal anti trump antics but they totally ignored that in the special.

8/10
>>
I was so let down by the Will Forte bit, it lacked any of the relative nuance of the other sketches and went right for base scat humor. "You leave those logs for me to inspect" to "put the poop back in your ass."

Clown Breeders 4 was just screaming nonsense too, worse than usual.
>>
SHRIMMM
>>
The special did seem lacking in something but im psyched for the new season
>>
Im a Tim and Eric boy, Million Dollar Extreme is no good!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.