[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it me or has the writing this season just been awful? Lots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: game-thrones-season-5.jpg (45KB, 750x422px) Image search: [Google]
game-thrones-season-5.jpg
45KB, 750x422px
Is it me or has the writing this season just been awful? Lots of cringy dialogue, inexplicably stupid decisions, predictable plotlines and deus ex machina.

And I noticed this even before I found out that the screenwriters are beyond book material.
>>
>series goes off the official road, no more book material
>writing becomes garbage
gee I wonder
>>
It's just you. My wife's son has great taste and he's loved this season
>>
Early seasons had decent material from the books but delivered badly. The recent seasons have better delivery but shit writing. Seasons 3 and 4 were probably the best.
>>
the characters speak in simplistic millennial language now
>>
>>87018138
All the earlier seasons seemed a lot more intelligent plotwise than this massive dung heap of season 7. Fucking jew screenwriters good only at copying good shit, not at creating their own ideas which are literally all Hollywood 101 predictable garbage.
>>
the world in the show feels so fucking small with all the teleporting and scenes where they just walk around and talk in tiny rooms.
>>
>>87017826
What deus ex machina? I know jon and beric, but that wasn't this season.
>>
>>87018485
Jon and his retard friends trying to catch undead and about to die from the attempt, a few hours later giant dragons arrive from the other side of an entire continent. Thats a deus ex machina right there.
>>
>>87017826
>no more books
>writers don't want to risk anything
>write it generic and safe
not rocket science.
>>
>>87018694
missed opportunity
>>
>>87018168
Yeah I thought that part where Melisandre said "Yass Queen slay!!!" to Daenerys was a bit far
>>
>>87018680
I dont think you know what that word means. They sent a letter and waited a day and a half for their friend to give them a lift. The ice breaking under the weight of 1000s of soldiers is closer to deus ex machina than that.
>>
File: 606_Benjen_Stark_Promo.jpg (2MB, 3733x2100px) Image search: [Google]
606_Benjen_Stark_Promo.jpg
2MB, 3733x2100px
>>87018917
>deus ex machina
>uncle benjen arrives in last second, once again
>>
>>87017826
maybe don't watch it then????????????

???
>>
>>87018979
>Sees massive dragons blowing shit up
>Chooses to investigate
Again I don't think you know what that wrd means
If I were locked in the boot of a car, and a tree branch falls from the sky, hits the boot and opens it, as if god himself were saving my life, that would be deus ex machina.
>>
>>87019139
>Chooses to investigate
so he just spawned at the right second in the right part of the map?
cool
how the dragons find Jon tho?
GPS?

what a fucking shit show
>>
>>87018917
The deus ex machina is the fact that dragons can travel faster than a ballistic missile when essential hero needs saving.

As another anon has pointed out, Benji saving Jon was definitely a deus ex machina.
>>
>>87019205

Jon is a Targ so they can track him.
>>
>>87019205
The whole reason for his existence is to fight the army of the dead. Why wouldn't he be on that part of the map?
>>
>>87019275
ok

>>87019278
cmon this is bullshit and you know it.
>>
>A man coming to the rescue at the last second is deus ex machina
>>
>>87019074
kys nigger
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.