[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

>I had to pick a side George. It was an aesthetic choice as much as a moral one. The West has grown so very ugly, don't you think?
>>
>>87010639
Gotta love how anti-Bond btfo's his hedonistic bisexual degenerate ass
>>
>>87012425
with tears in his eyes, you heartless bastard.
>>
>>87012489
AYO HOL UP. I'm referring to George Smiley not Bill Prideaux. Smiley was written by Le Carre to be the anti Bond or a more realistic characterization of an intelligence offical
>>
File: that feel when no enkidnu bf.png (319KB, 325x480px) Image search: [Google]
that feel when no enkidnu bf.png
319KB, 325x480px
>>87012683
oh my bad, been awhile since I've seen it, I should look into the book now that you bring it up.
>Tom Hardy's character making that deal for his galpal who was already long dead
>my face when
>>
why aren't they making a sequel to this?
>>
>>87012866
Not enough explosions and it isn't part of an extended capeshit universe.
>>
>>87012864
Poor Ricki Tarr indeed. My favourite scene is when Smiley waits upstairs in ambush for leaker and prepares by eating a trebor strong mint and taking his gun from that plastic ziplock bag. the way he handles it and feels the weight couldn't be any less James Bond like.

I actually haven't read the book but i love the Alec Guiness Tv series from the 70's. I forget though if this modern movie had the implied homosexual relationship between Prideaux and Haydon? Thats why Prideaux was tearing up in my mind, but i can't remember if the new one has them as just friends?
>>
>>87012866
The 70s TV series had a sequel called "Smileys People". Obviously it follows the more complex Alec Guinness adaptation though.
>>
>>87010639
I was thinking the whole movie that the twist would be that Smiley was the mole.
>>
>>87012425
So he is aware of his degeneracy and the state of the west but he hates it/himself so he defects?
>>
>>87013367
does the alec guinness version still hold up?
>>
>>87013518
Yeah i think it is partially to do with some kind of self loathing in that respect but moreso its because of Britains declining influence on the world stage and the end of "old" europe (think the granduer of buildings/uniforms/art during the imperial years) I don't think the film ever really explores it but Haydon is from an old aristocratic family and so he feels this decline quite sharply.

To add to this the events of TTSS are largely based on the IRL Kim Philby affair and the spy ring known as "The Cambridge 5" who were all well to do bisexual young men recruited by the soviets as agents at Cambridge. Kim Philby actually blew Le Carre's cover as an agenst and thats why he became an author and wrote the book the film is based on, probably influencing the characterization of Haydons sexuality.
>>
>>87012864
cant help but revere tarr when he inst the least bit phased after getting beat up
>>
So did Smiley know that Tarr's gril was already dead when he made the deal?
>>
>>87013756
Its got more time to expand and follow the events of the novel so the plot is more complex and in depth so i like it very much in that regard for having a plot that never babies its audience. Alec Guinness is perhaps an even better Smiley in that he's more frumpy and plain and all the others in the cast are sterling too.

Where it might fall down on viewing it after seeing this film is in the cinematography and style. Its got a very 70's television vibe (i.e before mega series) but its somewhat more realistic for it, a good example being the Circus's offices which actually look like a normal British civil service building as opposed to the odd interiors from the movie. Worth a try but a bit slow and dialogue heavy even compared to the movie. In my opinion a masterpiece of Spy genre realism which BTFO'S the minds of people who think intelligence work is an Iam Fleming novella
>>
>>87014507
he might have had a suspicion, but no confirmation
>>
>>87014404
tuff fukken bloke
>>
>>87010639
Sort of fits our time. Not sure there is anywhere better to be but there is seriously something rotten in the west.
>>
>I AM LOYAL

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>87015297
USSR'S gonna murderize his ass if he goes back.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.