[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Panel Shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

File: goooooooooooodevening.jpg (247KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
goooooooooooodevening.jpg
247KB, 2000x1000px
Which is king of the panel shows and why is it QI?
Also best panel is
>David Mitchell
>Bill Bailey
>Sean Lock
>Alan Davies
>>
I like WILTY and of course the king is based Mitchel
>>
>>87009138
Would I Lie To You is superb, so many great moments. New series should start soon, they usually go out in September. Also Bob Mortimer is back on, which is always good value
>>
That's not shooting stars
>>
>>87009138
>>87009638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkpyd2lr4dI

I've yet to see a funnier bit of panel show comedy than this.
>>
Cancer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2z-AdzgKjY&t=30s
>>
>>87009638
>it's a Greg Davies has a ridiculous story episode
They're pretty much always true.
>>
>>87009752
One of the best moments, definitely.

>>87009720
Love that, too bad it's gone. Then again it's been cancelled and brought back a number of times, there's still hope.

>>87009764
>Harry and Paul pissed off that they don't get anymore work these days
>>
>>87009888
Can't remember a single one that turned out to be a lie.
>CU-SHOOON
>Snorkel parka music practice room
>Hoot Owl of Death
Greg Davies sounds like he had an amazing time at school.
>>
>>87008226
I like how QI has been able to maintain good quality for like 14 years now, mostly due to a selection of comedians who turn up regularly

I was anxious about Toksvig at first but she's perfect as a replacement for Fry, even though I'd rather he never quit in the first place
>>
Possibly the best moment in panel show history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KszJHdraSY

Or this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHTTQ_gI76k
>>
>>87010081
>his mum egging him on in a fight

Cushon is the most baffling of them to me.

CUSHON
>>
>>87011044
>Possibly the best moment in panel show history.
>not Bob Mortimer ripping the apple in two

Come on son.
>>
>>87009764
100% accurate desu
>>
>>87011044
Great taste anon. Sean fucking nailed that carrot game. And the glory hole thing just caught everyone including me completely by surprise, and it really looks like it wasn't scripted and Jimmy just made that up on the spot, love it.

8 out of 10 cats does countdown in general is solid entertainment
>>
WILTY and QI is what I watch the most.
Lee Mack is so great, king of banter and he can make some of the most random stories seem plausible because of his quick wita.

Toksvig was a good replacement for Stephen Fry (as the other anon said, I'd rather he'd not quit). Hope she continues with it.
>>
All of you people need to watch Taskmaster. Best show on Brit TV at the moment (series 5 starts soon).
>>
>>87011513
>series 4 revealing Noel Fielding is actually just a lad in disguise
>>
>>87008226
It's a
>people blindly believe pseudo-intellectuals because they have British accents
episode
Half the shit they spout is complete bullshit, and I'm not talking about the actual bullshit but half the stuff Fry "corrects" with is blatantly untrue.
>>
>>87011513
Series 5 featuring 'King of the Panel Shows' Bob Mortimer.
>>
>>87011378
Mack and Mitchell make that show, both are absolutely brilliant in it. As for QI I agree Toksvig's good and I'm fairly sure she'll stay on until series Z. I wonder if it'll actually end there.

>>87011513
Can't wait for S5, it's a great concept and they usually have a pretty decent line-up of contestants.
>>
>>87011629
Honestly I thought s4 had the weakest line-up (but still not bad). S5 seems to be a lot better.
>>
>>87012044
I still think series 2 is my favourite so far. Mostly just for the attitude avenue line. Though Katherine Ryan gets a bit annoying after a while.
>>
surprised I haven't seen mention of the Never Mind The Buzzcocks episodes with Mark Lamarr hosting. Hell even the guest host episodes with Jack Dee, Lee Mack, Terry Wogan, Frankie Boyle and Alice Cooper are great.
>>
>tfw Norwegian
>tfw Torsdagsklubben will never return
>>
>>87012044
>>87012248
S2 had the best line-up but S5 looks really promising to me. I also like how that they made more episodes in recent series, 8 episodes really seems like the soft spot.

>>87012342
I won't lie, I preferred Amstel. The guest hosts were great though, like the ones you mentioned. Johnny Vegas did one where he was obviously drunk as shit and kept drinking throughout. Shame it got cancelled in the end, and extra sad for Rhod Gilbert who took over as permanent host only for it to be cancelled.
>>
>>87012965
oh the Amstell episodes were great too, particularly the Preston one, I just preferred Lamarr as a host. That Johnny Vegas ep was brilliant
>>
>>87012248
>>87012965

No-one beats Paul Chowdry.
>>
>>87013121
What about the Aryan twins?

>Mummy says we're ever so good at puzzles
>>
>>87011513
The guest quality has really been on the slide in the more recent series.
I've never heard of 3 of the contestants from the upcoming series, which isn't a great sign. The people I haven't known from previous series have largely been dogshit.
>>
File: 1432083252482.gif (1MB, 245x230px) Image search: [Google]
1432083252482.gif
1MB, 245x230px
>>87012642
Based Otto telling it like it is.
I would have liked to hear his take on the cancer that social """""""""""""justice""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""warriors""""""""""""""""""""""""" have become.
>>
>>87013555
I only hadn't heard of Sally Phillips
>>
File: 1328475800999.jpg (49KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1328475800999.jpg
49KB, 576x432px
>>87008226
>Panel Shows
>>
>>87013555
Really? I've known or seen every contestant on Taskmaster before except for Lolly Adefope in series 4.
Sure they're not all A-list celebrities, but it's not gone Pointless Celebritier-tier.
>>
>>87013555
You need to watch more foreign films.
>>
>>87013747
From scanning Wikipedia I assume the others have passed my screen at some point, but obviously not enough to make an impression.
>>
>>87014092
Mark Watson used to be on MtW way back, Aisling Bea does a bunch of other panel shows and Nish Kumar has a BBC how, and is the guy in the confused muslim meme, despite not being muslim.
>>
>>87013747
>>87014092
>>87014176
Sally was the only one I had to google but once I saw her face I remembered her
>>
>>87013575

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIYOWSJN4kY

>while you're waiting for the airborne cousins from Karachi
>where the fuck did you get the idea that Norwegians want to touch your women?
>let's get one thing straight: Norwegians are not turned on by burqas and mustaches
>to everyone with dark skin: we don't fucking trust you!
>perhaps you should switch out 9/11 with the 17th of May

Also

>that time he compared Jews to fleas.
>>
BFQOTY is a bit hit-or-miss but Sean shitting on child acting is one of my all-time favourite parts of television:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hppnFa-lgzE
>>
>>87008226
Jonny Vegas + Rob Brydon is ultimate combo
>>
File: 1495282627359.png (183KB, 344x345px) Image search: [Google]
1495282627359.png
183KB, 344x345px
>>87014901
>Jonny Vegas
Pretty hit or miss, breh
>>
>>87014968
Vegas can be awkward to watch at times, but he generally is good value. What really fucked me up was finding out he was just a character and he's actually a posh bloke called Michael Joseph Pennington. Seriously, look it up.
>>
Would I Lie To You is my favorite show and Bob Mortimer is my favorite human being
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsuuiVzS6Js
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLoCQMhFNrI
>>
>>87016023
>We do beg your pardon, but we are in your garden
Bob Mortimer is fucking fantastic
>>
>>87016270
We had a video of the Smell of Reeves and Mortimer when I was a kid. Watched that thing to death.
>>
>>87008226
Very good choice, Ross Noble has some excellent moments as well.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.