[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do if you had the death note?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 17

File: 1200px-Death_Note,_Book.svg.png (89KB, 1200x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Death_Note,_Book.svg.png
89KB, 1200x1440px
What would you do if you had the death note?
>>
nothing
>>
>>86997600
WRITE DONALD TRUMP xDDD
>>
write down BLACKED posters and /poleddit/ crossboarders
>>
>>86997600
>Big celebrity event being broadcast to the world
>make them say something ominous before commiting suicide live on air
>see the world plummet into chaos
>>
>>86997847
Best troll ever.
>>
Jason Levy
Crippling seizure
Drowns in his own shit.
>>
>>86997600
Write my name so I won't lose it.
>>
File: pep.jpg (24KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
pep.jpg
24KB, 495x495px
>>86997600
George Soros
>>
>>86997600
Fucking your mother like always
>>
>>86997600
All jews, suicide note, we are the sons of Satan.
>>
So if you write a specific time and cause of death, the person has to die from that cause at that time, right? I mean unless it's completely impausible.
So could you write "Anon dies from a heart attack in 28 days" and then go to Syria, basically being unkillable for 28 days since you can only die from that heart attack?
>>
/a/
>>
>>86997600
write the names of angsty teens that think this idea was original or cool.
>>
>>86998058
no you can still die otherwise
>>
obvious stuff like bin laden and saddam hussane and then my sisters boyfreind
>>
Pope, big speech in vatican
masses of people
billions watching via tv and internet
pope is hugely stressed, literally shaking
he is about to reveal big secret

>GOD DOESN'T EXIST

he says.

cardinals starting to panic. People watching one another schocked.

>it's true. We have been lying to you for millenia.

tension up

>Don't look at me like that. Deeply in your hearts you all knew it was true. If there is a god, let he strike me with lightning right now.

there's not a single cloud on the sky, but lightning comes and strikes pope. He's dead immediately.
it would be perfect trolling because god doesn't really exist xD
>>
>>86997600
>feel edgy
>'everyone'
>die
>>
write down the names of alot of terrible white people in positions of power
>>
Oh its this thread again. Mods should permanently ban people who make the same thread more than once
>>
>>86998722
complaining about the hourly paid advertisement bot threads should be a bannable offense.
>>
>>86997600
write my name
>>
Donald Trump
>>
>>86998334
I'd do something similar to this, but for added effect I'd tweek some things
>Christmas speech by the Pope
>addressing the world essentially
>"I have a confession... Islam is the one true religion. We were wrong. Praise Allah! And if I'm wrong, may God strike me down on this very podium."
>waits 5 seconds
>"You see? He can't, because it's Mohamm-"
>*zap*

Be funny just to watch the world try and react to that
>>
>Not playing the system
>Not fucking with faith

>The next person with the winning lottery ticket will die after giving me the ticket
>>
>>86997600
At the momment? Nothing.

While I'm not a pacifist or even a humanist by any means there just isn't anyone I want to kill. All the murderers and child rapists in prison did nothing to anyone I know personally and the justice system has already dealt with them and I would feel weird killing others who have not wronged me personally and just for some non-person specific moral cause or heroic idealism.

Probably just chill and keep it in my back pocket till someone at work unfairly impedes my success. You lose it after a week of no use so if I needed to keep it I'd just end known murderers on death row a fee seconds before they are executed.
>>
the Rothschilds
>>
George Soros
Maduro
John Corzine
>>
>>86998303

>bin laden

he dead bro
>>
File: 1503934661448.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1503934661448.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>86998334

>tfw not creative enough for this
>>
The movie sucked balls and the girl was the worst part
>>
Open it up to the middle and set it down atop The toilet seat

From here I excrete the most foul of steamy logs directly onto the book

Pick it up, close it, let the shit smear and stain the inner pages

Hand it back to Ryuk and say,
>"Netflix can sell this"
>>
>>86997847
I'm pretty sure one of the limitations of the Death note is that you can only make someone say or write something if it's something they would realistically say, so you can't make them talk about something they have no information about or if it wouldn't make sense to them.
>>
I would make this my world
>>
>>86998732
you do it. i hate /pol/
>>
It would be too risky to pick your targets via internet, right?
>>
>>86999653
Just realized the movie ignored this by having Light make the prisoners write in perfect japanese despite not knowing japanese at all.
>>
>>86997600
I'd first kill big time terrorists, then dictators and the dictators that would come after them until the people of that country stopped being stupid and started making a constitution, while that is happening I'd kill murdererers and finally I'd get rid of a petty grudge or 2.
>>
>>86998303
>>86999105
They are both dead.
>>
>>86999653
Well Light made a bunch of prisoners write shit about Kira on the walls so something like "Do not trust them" or some ominous shit like that would prob work
>>
I would kill the leader of every major country and everyone that succeeds them just to see what happens. Winning an election would become a death sentence. It's not that I am an anarchist but i am very much interested to see how the world would deal with this
>>
>>87000466

good job forcing every country to elect faceless leaders
>>
The executive staff of every multinational finance company.
Every Illinois politician complicit in the forthcoming drinking water quality scandal.
Every member of the federal government who has been employed for more than 10 years.
Every pedophile rapist in Hollywood.

There's probably more, but that should be a good start.
>>
>Note says anyone who uses it will not go to Heaven or Hell
>Death God is standing right next to me
>Heaven and Hell must exist

Wouldn't use it. Not worth being stuck in limbo forever.
>>
Myself
>"Anon dies at the age of 93 after his happy life as a trillionare"
>>
>>87000639
how would they come to the conclusion that I need a face? Maybe I will make it look like divine punishment or suicide
>>
>>87000899
Same way L came to that conclusion, only a lot more bodies would drop before they realise
>>
>>87000899
People would realize pretty quickly that only publicly known figures are being killed. The people who run things from the shadows and are not famous would all be fine. It doesn't take a lot of deduction.
>>
>>86997600
Ask for a pic of you and your name
>>
>>87000988
ok then I'd threaten to kill random civilians until they make it public again. Worst case scenario would be facebook shutting down
>>
>>87000979
I don't think you could still ever be caught unless you really went out of your way to get caught.

Even if they did figure it out, imagine the trial. You can't exactly prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that anon used a magic notebook to commit magic murder. You'd have to reveal the existence of Death Gods etc. to the entire world, it would change everything.
>>
>>86997600
Learn to read and write
>>
>>87000780
I feel like this is exactly what I'd do. Interacting with a Shinigami would just prove to me the existence of the afterlife and the supernatural so I wouldn't use the Death note if using it means oblivion.

If I saw a ghost or demon in real life, I wouldn't be TOO scared. The implication of it's existence would actually give me comfort.
>>
>>87001085
>Show your face so I can kill you or I'll just keep killing random people
You're a shitty Kira
>>
>>87000798
It only works for 23 days, after that you would die
>>
>>86997600
put down the names of the absolute worst terrorists and pedophiles.
>>
>>87001131
The question is then what do you do with the note? I'd try to bury it or burn it or toss it in the ocean with a weight on it. Take off the cover, destroy the rules. That kind of power really shouldn't exist in the world, no way I'd just hand it back to the Death God and let him pass it on to somebody else.
>>
>>87000798
>dies of heart attack
>>
>>87001093
They never intended to publicly arrest Kira and give him a fair trial in the manga, L just needed to prove who he was and then have him executed in secrecy. I'd imagine real-life Investigators and Law enforcers would go on about this as well.
>>
>>87001140
yea I'm not smart nor edgy enough to be a good kira, but I would have more fun with it than him.
The point of killing civilians was to make them politicians become martyrs
>>
>>87001297
Oh yeah, come to think of it you'd probably just get snatched up by some government spooks who would experiment on you relentlessly before figuring out how the note works and just executing you.
>>
>>87001169
>write that the 23 are cancelled
>every 22 days just cancel it until you want to die
>>
>>87001182
Lol just how many nicknames do you go buy anon lmao!
>>
>>87001202
I believe you can just forfeit ownership and the Shinigami will just bring it back to the Shinigami Realm and you'll have your memory erased.
>>
>>86997600
i´d kill this thread in 60 seconds
>>
>>86997918
Tip top kek
>>
Honestly I write down the name of the forbe richest

all the world leaders and their suborbinates

I just want to see the chaos
>>
>>86998058
yeah thats the plot of one of the japanese movies, they use that loophole to find a cure to some supervirus
>>
>>87001383
I think those people just make the decisions to do those things themselves.
>>
>anon dies after having sex with his waifu for 3 days straight
>>
I'd plant it somewhere and watch who picks it up, then stalk them to see what they do with it.

If they go full Kira, I'll let the situation get out of hand to the point where the whole world is frantically trying to catch this person. Then I'll catch them, because I've always known who they are.

I will become L
>>
>>86997600
Write OP in it
>>
OP
Killed by assblast
His own assblast
>>
>>86999039
>turns out George Soros was using a mask his entire life
>thanks to his SIGINT connections he now knows you wrote his name
What do you do then?
>>
>>87001491
>Try that
>You lose track of the guy the first week
>Cry yourself to sleep everynight as reports of unusual death keep increasing

Sounds like a plan.
>>
Write all ideologues and non centrists
>>
>>86998334
Wouldn't you be god then?
>>
>>87001576
Kek good point
Worth a try though

>up at 3am drunk trying to contact law enforcement to tell them it's a magical notebook and it was all part of my master plan to become a famous detective but I lost track of my target

They'd probably just arrest me instead
>>
>>87000780
That was actually just a test on Light. The anime doesn't comment back on this statement outside of the commercial break title cards, but heaven and hell don't exist in the Death Note universe. When you die you just become nothing, whether you've used the death note or not.
>>
>>87001671
no
>>
>>87001560
>Anon
>>
>>87001718
Well in that case I'd just keep it hidden somewhere in case I ever really needed it for some reason. Not interested in playing god.
>>
>>87001696
no they would just laugh at you but you are used to it so nothing will happen
>>
>Igor Bogdanoff
>Grichka Bogdanoff
>>
>>86997600
kill the worlds richest man and have him give me all of his money and belongings before hand.
>>
>>87001847
That's not suspicious at all
>>
>>87001383
but seriously what the actual fuck are you talking about
>>
>>87001718
There's a a theory that Light reincarnated as a Shinigami after a Shinigami who suspiciously resembles Light clothing wise appears in one of the OVA's.
>>
>>87001778
Damn that burns
>>
>>87001847
how the fuck would they know i did anything? have him die from choking or a brain hemorrhage. its suspicious, but they could never prove i did anything wrong as long as i didint abuse the notebook.
>>
>>87001972
>>87001884
meant 4you
>>
>>87001847
>>87001884
could have it dropped off somewhere only you would know
>>
I wouldn't do anything too public when using the death note.
I would only kill people that would help me get ahead in life, such as an employer choosing to hire me, then dying.
I would also have random people hide large portions of money in specific places days before dying, then take the money after.
And finally, I'd choose random women to have sex with me, then die several days later.
>>
>>87002031
Pretty evil
>>
>>87002078
If you're using the death note we all go to the same place in the end regardless of how you used it
>>
print all possible names with small font size.
turn on the tv
>>
>>87002314
You'd have to imagine a person's face while writing the name.
>>
File: 1501456591557.jpg (244KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1501456591557.jpg
244KB, 500x500px
>>86997600
>/tv/
>dies doing what they loved
>and before they perish, they realize what it is I meant by this
>>
>>87002212
And that justifies murdering random people for something as petty as getting hired and laid?
>>
>>87002492
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>86997600
Burn it.
>>
>>86997600
Write down the names of whoever made the Netflix movie possible
Didnt even finish it, it was figuratively shit
>>
>>86998058
The Death Note only works for 2 days IIRC. It can't plan out deaths farther out than that.
>>
Was the netflix adaptation any good? It didn't feel like the anime, but I don't know.

Also, the best way to abuse it is to write:

[YOUR NAME] becomes a billionaire on the stock market in the next 48 hours, before cashing out all his money and transferring it to the safest investment possible and dying at [Some time 48 hours from now] next to a working lighter.

Then you burn the page 47 hours from that point.
>>
>find random trillionaire
>kill all his family so only he is left
>write this "Jew McRichguy, while grieving for the death of his family, meets anon and grows to love him as a son in two days, and then dies of natural causes after leaving everything to Anon"
>>
>>87000780
>Death God doesn't show up and mention this until after you've used it.
>>
>>87005370
NO
You are killing yourself by writing your name in the note. You have to make him go somewhere and recognize you through a shirt or something you say to him.
>>
>>86997600
>Notebook is full of names written down by previous owners. One even wrote not to trust Ryuk.
I couldn't get past the first 30 minutes of the movie but I thought this was a neat idea.
>>
>>87005570
>don't trust Ryuk!
>first thing he does is trust Ryuk
Also
>pronounced it rye-uh-k
>>
File: 1474929467962.png (93KB, 216x241px) Image search: [Google]
1474929467962.png
93KB, 216x241px
>>86999355
>>
>>87005477
You can see the death god just by touching the note, anon. And the thing about not going to heaven or hell is written in the rules.
>>
>>86998303
Not sure if retarded or great joke
>>
>>87005962
in the animu light didn't meet ryuk until he had filed out entire pages.
>>
>>86999002
That's not a name retard
>>
>>87005003
It's 23.
>>
>>87005647
>Rye-ick
>Hey kid, it's pronounced Ree-uk.
>>
>>86997600
Write my own name in it.
>>
>>87006523
Wait, so you'd have the power to have revenge on the world that wronged you and instead would kill yourself?
>>
>>87005142
Or you know, just

>Bill Gates transferres all his money to me before he kills himself
>>
>>87006631
That would involve killing someone though, which is unethical.
>>
>>87006085
That's because Ryuk didn't come down to the human world yet, he just dropped his note. It's not like he was sitting there invisible.
>>
>>87006631
You guys really think this shit would work? The police would be onto you in seconds.
>>
I'd just make all the fat acceptance activists have heart attacks.
>>
>>87004868
It is just inside of a month. I think the only way to get it to act further out is if you put down "killed by disease" and the disease is one that takes longer than the death note's window.
>>
>>87006769
So fucking what. What are they possibly going to find? At that point just destroy the book or hide it somewhere out of your house. They literally (literally) have nothing on you. Just act innocent and confused as fuck
>>
File: doubt.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
Did Ryuk watch while Light and Mia had sex? Did Light see that he was watching?
>>
>>87006861
For starters, they would start a investigation and you would receive nothing because you had no connection whatsoever to Bill Gates.
>>
>>87006907
I'm fairly sure if somebody wills you something the police can't take it away just because they think you didn't know each other enough
>>
>>87006999
Uh yes they can. They would presume he suffered from dementia and wasn't illegible to make that decision.
>>
>>87005142
>write:
>[YOUR NAME]
If you write a name in a death note that person dies. No questions.
Also you have a very limited control over people's actions outside of what directly causes their death.
If it was that easy Light could have just forced ray pember to make all the faces and names of the under cover FBI agents public and never be forced to expose himself.
>>
>>86997600
Write my own name of it:
Death by exhaustion after having too much sex with a horde of sex-crazed 10/10 QTs for 48 hours non stop.
>>
>>87007070
Ok so just write in the death note that he signs in front of lawyers and records himself saying that he is of sound mind and he chose one lucky person to inherit his fortune
>>
>>87006907
>>87007070
Just say that you are his secret gay lover .
>>
>>87006907
>because you had no connection whatsoever to Bill Gates.
>turns out Billy had been spying on poor anon ever since he upgraded his windows 8 for free
>>
>>87007074
I'm going by the netflix adaptation rules, since this is /tv/.

You have complete control over someone's actions for 48 hours leading up to their death. You also have completely control over the environment around them (Light orders a paper to be burned in a fire).

You can undo a death order that hasn't happened yet by burning the page, but you can only do this once.
>>
>>87006631
>>87006907
>>87006907
Lemme fix that 4u.

>Bill Gates tells his family and friends that he's gay and madly in love with a man who will never love him, and then transfers all his money to me before killing himself
>>
>>87006999
>Probate
>How does it work?
>>
>>86997600
Write drumpf and white people.
>>
>>87006999
It wouldn't ever get to you. Judges administer estates after death, and anyone involved with the will would contest it successfully.
>>
>>87007182
That's just fucking terrible.
>>
>>87007198
I don't know what that is LOL
>>
>>86998334
Best post in the thread awardâ„¢
>>
>>86998617
HAHAHA
>>
>>86998056
That's a big admission.
>>
>>86997600
A whole bunch of people involved in Game of Thrones so normies get BTFO by a ton of recastings in the last season.
>>
>>86999355
HAHAHA
>>
>>86997600
kill all white males
kill all asian males
kill all latino males
kill all black females

all the women (especially white) are forced to fuck black men.

I raid Sperm donation clinics with the white/asian/latino sperm so that I can repeat the process over and over again. I also keep some black women so I can make more black babies (male of course)

I buy some nice house and live the rest of my days in my own created paradise.
>>
I would use it to kill this local loan shark

>dies in a car crash
>before he does that,he throws a bag containing all the money he had in the house out of the car window in front of my house at 3 am
>>
>>87007349
This is bait but you can't just write "all" you'd be writing for literal years of your life.
Also
>paradise
>all black men
You'd all kill each other
>>
>>86997675
>>86997600
Unironically write Donald Trump. Hated that guy long before he became president.
I'd make him commit suicide by trying to eat all his money.
>>
>>87007109
The death note can only do what was already possible. You'd just die of a heart attack.
>>
File: IMG_4836.png (868KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4836.png
868KB, 554x400px
Unironically, how can you make yourself rich from the death note with zero repercussions
>>
>short a stock with all my money
>kill the ceo

Now that I'm rich I could start focusing on purging islam
>>
>>87007349

YFW you're bolted to a wall and a milking machine
nozzle is attached to your dick.
>>
>>87007582
Influence the stock market by assassinating CEOs and making loads of money.
Like in GTAV, but with a magic book that can't be traced.
>>
>>87007638
>that scene when Light kill the islam leaders
10/10
>>
I have no desire to kill anyone.
>>
>>87007582
With the /tv/ rules it's easy.>>87007182
>>
>>87007447
I don't need to write every white male's name. I just need to get certain individuals to trigger genocide on non-blacks

think, white boi. think.
>>
File: 1499478580079.jpg (29KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1499478580079.jpg
29KB, 320x320px
>>87007182
>tfw your writing is so shit you have to invent new rules for the universe to make your story work
>>
File: IMG_4880.jpg (35KB, 301x267px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4880.jpg
35KB, 301x267px
>>87007852
This
>death note has like 50 fucking rules as it is
>add more to fix plot holes in your shitty adaptation
>>
>>86997675
everyone_irl
>>
>>87007476
subtle.
>>
>>87007160
>you are now a billionaire
>BUT you will be forever remembered as the secret gay lover of bill gates
>everywhere you go people will point at you and yell "THERE GOES THE GAY LOVER OF BILL GATES"
>you will be on the front of several gossip magazines with titles like "GAY LOVER OF BILL GATES HAS A SMALL PENIS"
>>
>>87000444
>>87000255
Yes, Death Note in the movie was much more powerful. In the manga it couldn't make someone kill another.
>>
>>87008345
>implying I woldn't be worshipped by the liberals and become a LGBT hero by being the first gay billionaire
>>
>>86999004
Do you think the world would be better off without people like Alex Jones, Rupert Murdoch, Mugabe etc? If so, stick their names in the fucking book.
>>
>>87007582
Well you'd never lose a deathpool
>>
>>86997600
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
>>
>>87000753
Why Federal employees? Vast majority are just there trying get on with life. They're not trying to fuck you over.
>>
Use it to help people who are suffering end their lives in areas where that's not currently legal.
>>
>>86997600
Destroy it.
>>
>>87007250
Why, my Uncle Thumper had a problem with HIS probate, and he had to take these big pills, and drink lots of water...
>>
>>87000466
I've been thinking about doing this for the past week. God it'd be so fun
>>
I would want to show it to the world's greatest minds because apparently magic is fucking real and many things we previously thought are wrong.

Unfortunately I give it 5 minutes before some nice gentlemen in suits show up, I'm never heard from again, and the notebook ends up as the most classified black project in history.
>>
File: Imbecile.jpg (84KB, 600x897px) Image search: [Google]
Imbecile.jpg
84KB, 600x897px
>>86997600
>David Benioff
>Daniel Brett Weiss
>>
>>86997600
kill the writer of that fucking garbage movie

The guy in it wasn't light, he was a fucking moron
Light from anime would have written that during the speech one other cop tries to shoot his father but misses and dies thereafter and BOOM, no one ever suspects light anymore
Light from show "WANNA SEE MY DEATH NOTE?!'

I am still salty
>>
Why didn't Light just write all possible spellings of Ryuk into the book without announcing to Ryuk that he was going to do so?
>>
>>87010146
If you misspell a name 4 times, the respective person becomes immune to the death note in the manga.
>>
>>87010457
Why didn't Light misspell his name 4 times
>>
>>87010518
fuck
>>
>>87010518
You mean his own? Misspelling a name intentionally kills the one doing it, also a rule in the manga.
>>
>>87010567
I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who knows the obscure-ass rules not written in the notebook.
>>
>>87010670
I recently reread DN and like almost every chapter in the first half has a rule page at the end it's insane how much hypothetical shit the author goes through on them.
>>
>>86997675
Name; Donald Trump
How he died: Died of old age of 120 after becoming the god emperor of the world
Sure why not
>>
>>87010761
xD that's not how it works haha
>>
>>87010761
Death note has a time limit in which it works. You'd just end up killing him of a heart attack in 2 1/2 minutes because you didn't read the rules.
Way to go trumptard!
>>
File: death note netflix.jpg (150KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
death note netflix.jpg
150KB, 800x1200px
Reminder than the netflix movie is better than the anime. Competently constructed, ambitious, clever, self-aware and ahead of its time.
>>
>>87010913
0/10
Try harder.
>>
File: 1468883068068.png (113KB, 331x329px) Image search: [Google]
1468883068068.png
113KB, 331x329px
>>87010567
Couldn't he just ask Misa to do it then?
>>
>>87011039
Ask her to what? Intentionally misspell his name four times when doing it once kills her?
>>
>>87011039
But that wouldn't change anything. If Misa intentionally writes his name wrong, she dies. Unless you want her dead I guess.
>>
Use it on someone about to be executed to see if it works using a specific method of death, and record myself writing it.

Then show the footage with the preface I'm only doing this for the betterment of science, spirituality, understanding, etc. I know I might go to prison. Eventually people will believe me, and they'll inspect the Death Note. Perhaps it can be used for good by people greater than myself.
>>
>>87011144
Why not rip a page out, find four people you hate and ask them to each misspell your name on the page. If they write it correctly than you just have to burn it real quick
>>
>>87010743
I think a lot of people are getting motivated to reread/rewatch Death Note right now. It's a nice little side-effect of the Netflix movie coming out.
>>
>>87011262
>H-hey guys... I know I'm a creepy weirdo you hate, but would you write my name wrong on this piece of paper?
>surely these four deaths that happened in my direct presence will bring to bear no suspicion against me
>And now I'm invulnerable against the notebook, a thing that only I have.
>>
>>87011299
I started rewatching the anime last night after watching the movie.

I'm just made me rage twice as hard at the movie. The scene where L confronts Kira on TV was much better on the show, it actually introduces L to be a smart competent detective and is a strong scene. In the movie he just jumps on TV like "ayyy nigga I know you is in Seattle and I finna find yo ass".

The movie distills everything down so much that he comes to conclusions seemingly out of nowhere. "Chief Turner was on TV and didn't die, therefore light is Kira", the real L was never 100% certain about light and always left a small chance that he could be wrong.

It condensed everything down to appeal to the capeshit audience rather than the actual fan base.
>>
>>87010897
Wrong, the only place where I was wrong was that the person can't die after their original lifespan.
But if you write that he dies of something that wouldn't be able to kill him within those 23 days without specifying the date of death he will live as long is he needs to.
So if you write something like "Dies of lung cancer that he gets from picking up smoking, he becomes the god emperor and till the end of his days smokes no more than 1 cigarette each day" it would definitely take more than 23 days to get him lung cancer and kill him.
>>
>>87011867
So you're saying it's doable
>>
>>87011936
You know you can get lung cancer without ever smoking a cigarette.
The cancer would progress to terminal stage as fast as medically possible.
The death note doesn't preserve life, it takes it. And now you've just given le god emperor an agonizing short life.
>>
I would probably just do what Light did in the beginning since I honestly find no faults in his plan. Light was really only forced to go off the deep end by the police force and investigation team. If it weren't for L, Light would have never killed any good people and crime would be almost nonexistent compared to what it is now.
>>
>>87011974
Actually light would have a decent shot at this since his name isn't spelled like its pronounced, but it would still put an unnecessary risk connecting yourself so directly to the killings to protect himself against the notebooks.
The only person who had a notebook and knew who he was, was Misa.
>>
>>87012468
honestly, he fucked up by revealing there was someone behind the killings by making the criminals write kira before dying. if he hadn't done that no one would find out.
>>
>>86998001
nothing would change because Soros has 0 effect on anything currently happening in the world
>>
Write my name on it, pleasant death one hundred years after winning 20 million in lottery
>>
>all of the world's richest people revise their wills to leave everything to me
>in their suicide notes, they reveal that they were in an illuminati suicide cult and that as their final act, they are leaving everything to one person, decided at random
>all kill themselves on the same day
>i am now the illuminati
>>
>ctrl+f
>"Adam Wingard"
>zero results
you people disgust me
>>
>>87001484
Well, it has to be physically possible so you'd just die of a heart attack in 40 seconds.
>>
>>87013854
lmao
>>
>>87012957
The idea was to put fear into the criminals by making them think there was an omniscient crime god watching them all, ready to strike. It's the only reason it worked as well as it did
>>
>>87000255
also Watari knowing the telephone number to call
>>
>>87008380
Death Flix maintains this. no one dies who isn't written down.
>>
>>86997600
I suppose I would have to start visiting /soc/
>>
fun deaths that would cause shitstorms on 4chan

weird deaths that allude to paranormal involvement that would make /x/ go into a frenzy or make jeb jump from trump tower or some shit to get a sticky on /pol/
>>
>>86997600
Kill the Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Cohens, etc.
Kill Hollywood execs/pedos.
What else?
>>
>>87001391
But that beats the point. I want the certainty that the supernatural world exists so I can act accordingly. I guess I would just keep it locked away for the rest of my life in that case.
>>
>>87014892

>>>/pol/
>>
>>87010897
>>87011936
depends on the version.
OG rules were any time within their lifespan, if you fuck up and put it outside the lifespan they die at default activation time.
Movies rules i think was around a month.... also the movies were the one time this rule was ever actually used in the plot so i think that goes towards making it the most prominent interpretation.

all versions additionally have a first come first serve rule, saying that if someone is entered twice (whether in one or across multiple DNs) that the earliest entry is the correct one, nullifying later entries, whether or not the death comes earlier or later.
....however there's another rule that says if 2 entries are simultaneous (within a second of each other) that both are nullified.
>>
Trump tweets "/pol/ BTFO" before dying of covfefe
>>
File: Death Note tsunamichannel.com.png (106KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note tsunamichannel.com.png
106KB, 600x450px
>>86997918
>>
>>87015049
>however there's another rule that says if 2 entries are simultaneous (within a second of each other) that both are nullified.
this rule could have allowed Rem to live while also saving Misa btw.
Shinigami are stupid.
>>
>>87008243
HeIlo reddit
>>
>>86999105
Terrorism, both for truly altruistic goals like forcing tech giants and governments to decentralize and re-anonymise the Internet and my own ideological goals such as changing my country's policies.
>>
You guys are not taking one thing in consideration:
> The use of the Death Note does have a maleficent influence over the owner.
Its pretty clear in the manga/anime. Not saying Light wasnt a nacisist bitch, but for once when he got arrested and gave up the book for while, you could notice how much his personality changed (as well as his facial expressions).
In the end he went insane.
>>
>>87015221
I think the act of a shinigami using the note to save someone's life is what kills them. Most of the rules in the death note are for human benefit.
>>
>>87010080
Light wouldn't do that, retard. If he did it it would tarnish Kira's reputation, it would make it apparent that he is not all powerful. Not to mention it would still draw attention to him because hsi father would still be the only person to survive an attempt by Kira. The real Light would ether have made the ultimate sacrifice or simply announce that he does not kill cops or innocent people.
>>
>>87015771
im aware.
nullifying a death note entry does not count as lengthening a life though. the life length is the natural length without any death note intervention.
>>
>>87015169
>Light
>not understanding English
0/10
>>
>>87000780
the death note user doesnt go to heaven or hell because they dont exist. Ryuk was just fucking with light with this rule.
>>
>>87005142
if something is unplausible the person just dies from a heart attack
>>
I'd become a billionaire selling paper from my infinite page producing notebook
>>
>>87017882
Yeah...only problem with that is the massive amount of people dying due to that paper.
>>
Twitter/Facebook genocide
>>
> John Wick
breaks into an animal shelter and frees a pit bull scheduled to be put down. mauled to death by it 30 minutes later when he makes eye contact
>>
>>86997600

Kill off every single politician holding office. Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Independent, etc. Federal and state level governments. Kill off world leaders. Kill off CEOs and boards of public companies. Completely eliminate the 1% and all the people who would inherit the money. Kill celebrities. Any kind of anarchist group who tries to fill the power vacuum through force, kill them too. Kill off the entire violent criminal prison population. Kill Moot and Asian Moot for the lulz.
>>
>>87017882
How long would it take you cut a ream's worth of pages that aren't 8 1/2 x 11?
>>
>>87019582
So basically you want any form of civilization to die? Total chaos?
>>
Put in my ex's name so she too can know what a broken heart feels like
>>
>>87020576
>having a girlfriend
how about I write you name in?
>>
>>87020848
I would put your name in just to put you out of your misery
>>
>>87020576
boohoo, get over it, fag.
>>
>>86997600
Commit literal sudoku.
>>
>>87021010
It doesn't effect me day to day, just something I get sad about on occasion.
>>
>>87014942
>I want the certainty that the supernatural world exists so I can act accordingly.

If we're going by the original rules, that won't work unless you manage to get that notebook's shinigami killed first. One of the rules is that they need to kill the notebook's human owner before returning to the Shinigami World, or something along those lines.
>>
File: 1452833548506.jpg (27KB, 400x590px) Image search: [Google]
1452833548506.jpg
27KB, 400x590px
>>86997600

>Pepe the Frog
>Kek

And they say you can't kill an idea...
>>
>>87021452
Now that I look it up, they only need to kill the first human owner, everyone after that is fair game.

Then again, if they were really nice, they could wait around until you were almost dead.
>>
>>86998334
Good post.
>>
write people's names in it
>>
Cum on it
>>
>>87007582
>go on dark net markets
>offer to kill people using your death note notebook
>start the fees really low so that people try it out just for shits and giggles
>raise the fees to really high prices once word gets around
>>
>>87021691
>Kek
And who do you think created the death note, sweetie?
>>
I would write 'Adolf Hitler' that guy needs to die.
>>
>>87015221
How would canceling an entry have saved Misa?
>>
>>87001397
sfpbp
>>
>>86997600

I would download an offline copy of Wikipedia, along with all the pictures, then I would wait for a year.

Then, on a offline laptop, I would randomly go through all of the person pages, and if there's an image, I would look at it while writing their name in the book. I would have them all say something cryptic, like "God has abandoned us" or "It's only going to get worse" or "release half-life 3".

Then I would just spend my free time doing that, and see what happens.
>>
>>86997600
I would kill the enemies of the White race.
>>
Does the Notebook work on animals?
>>
Everybody who helped produce or starred in Game of Thrones and Rick and Morty.

Their suicide notes will read "Formerly Chuck's"
>>
>>87014231
dude he wrote his own phone number in the book when he was commanding Watari. if anything you should be mad that he used his own fucking phone number which L could've just traced back to him.
>>
>>87022298
humans only
>>
>Anon, why do you have these stamps with "Suicide" and "Car Accident" written on th- actually I have to go do something, bye.
>>
>>87022059
Good job, Norm
>>
>>86997600

write "everyone in the human race is instantly killed by a giant asteroid"

wait for the sweet release of death
>>
So, if I write "Bob has a heart attack in 6 hours", does that make Bob impervious to death for the next 6 hours?
Like an assassin's attempts to murder him would necessary fail?
>>
>>86997600

Set the Death Note on fire, and suffocate the earth in an infinite amount of smoke.
>>
>>87002031
>well he just decided to hire this one guy before he died
>he hid all of his money here before he died
>she had a liaison with this one guy before she died
Anon, L would be on your ass in no time.
>>
>>87023260
yes. the shinigami will prevent him from dying until then.
im sure there might be some sort of loop hole in the rules though if theres another deathnote user whos targeting the same person though.
>>
>>87023742
If two users write the same person's name, the one that finishes first will be the only one to take effect.
>>
>>87023831
ah, is that how it goes? makes sense
>>
>>87008380
Bullshit. If that was true he'd just right "Watari kills L"
>>
Memes aside, I really want a sequel
The film was shit but it set up so much potential for a sequel and now I'm missing the anime again. But I obviously can't be assed to actually rewatch the whole show
>>
>>87023906
It's a minor plot point near the end of the manga/anime. It comes up regarding the events that lead to Light's undoing.

>>87024072
Or, considering writing "Watari" was good enough, he could just have Watari unmask L during a TV appearance then write "L".
>>
>>87023663
wrong
>>
>>87024076
If you're hurting for something new, there was a TV series that came out in 2015. As well as four Japanese movies.
>>
>>87024166
Does the tv series change the story significantly enough to be worth watching?
And are the Japanese films any good? (Talking about the new ones, I saw the first two years ago)
>>
Do all the /got/ posters and write their names with increasingly horrific deaths
>>
>>87024258
How would you get their names, nevermind their faces? Oh that's right, you wouldn't you fucking faggot because you haven't given this one iota of thought and believed your comment was some sort of hilarious joke that everyone would laugh at
Well no one's laughing you fucking cumstain
>>
File: drool.png (632KB, 1346x751px) Image search: [Google]
drool.png
632KB, 1346x751px
I thought this scene was pretty damn hot with Mia practically drooling over the thought of the deathnote.
its straight up anime shit right there.
>>
>>86999002
Step up nigga
I woukd write the name of a bunch of rich people leaving all their assets hidden in an unknown location only me would know
>>
>>86997600
Kill everyone in buzzfeed and facebook
Also, adam sandler and kevin feige
>>
File: misa.png (2MB, 1001x1500px) Image search: [Google]
misa.png
2MB, 1001x1500px
>>86997600

So yes, the movie is shit. But you know what's worse? Director Adam Wingard's response to the anime community via Twitter.

(at)AdamWingard has called us all "butt hurt fan boys" "weebs" and "cancer" for not liking his shitty live version of this amazing anime.

What say you /tv/?

How do we handle him?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (80KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
80KB, 1024x768px
>>87024252
>Does the tv series change the story significantly enough to be worth watching?
Yes. As a minor example, Mikami and Near are shown in the first episode. The only complaint people really have with it is that Mello was changed to be an alternate personality of Near's, and Near uses a Mello puppet earlier on to convey this. It's real fucking weird. But if you get past that, it's quite worth it if you know the story already.

For instance, here's how the Raye Penber arc unfolds.
>Light organizes a busjacking to learn the name of the guy tailing him
>Finds his business card - obviously a fake name
>Light manages to get the name of his fiancee, and gets the agent to show his badge
>Writes that Raye Penber reports to and argues with L and then shoots him
>It was a fake name as well
>L calls Light to say "Hey it's real convenient you were on a bus that got hijacked and you learned an FBI agent's name, Kira"
>Light freaks the fuck out and nearly kills his father and a police officer before realizing that suspicion really isn't entirely on him
>Light sets up a reservation under Raye's fiancee's name, Raye rushes there
>Whole envelope scheme unfolds, Raye goes to leave the envelope at a warehouse
>Light goes to retrieve the evidence
>Raye grabs him by the ankle
>>
>>87024356
I would write the name of several top hackers to give me their info before they die, starting with ypu
>>
>>87024641
Retweet, add, like. Fuck anime nerds. Death Note was overrated tripe anyways.
>>
>>87024641
well hes right. they are all butthurt fanboys.
the movie is pretty bad but its better than the japanese live action films of deathnote.
>>
Nothing, too much of a non-lethal type and the rule of Death Note users going to a void of nothingness when they die would spook me too much.
>>
>>87024641
>AdamWingard has called us all "butt hurt fan boys" "weebs" and "cancer" for not liking his shitty live version of this amazing anime.
show proof or shut up
i can't be assed to look up his twitter
>>
>>87024721

You understand you're on an anime website, right?
>>
>>87010761
typical drumpftard
>>
>>87024841
yes, 4chan did start as a basis for anime but not everyboard is about anime you dumbfuck.
why do you think anime has its own board?
>>
>>87010761
desu I'd write that he gave himself total power, seized control and handed over the reins to Barron.
>>
>>87005003

That's just in the Netflix movie.
>>
Do you know how many thousands of people would masturbate to death? Millions I say, millions.
>>
How the movie should have gone.

Light finds Death Note, etc. etc. i
He doesn't confess to Mia the first time they fucking talk.
Loser loner pseudo stalks Mia
Mia is the one being assaulted (to a more extreme extent)
Looking out the window Light writes the lesser of the bullies names. When he gets murdered she sees Light in the window. She corners him latter to demand him to tell her why he didn't help her. She keeps cornering him until he relents that he did help her. They then test on criminals.
Queue the relationship building of the movie/her taking a page.
Stole more than one page now and is killing mercilessly
Police closing in on Light thinking he's doing the aimless killing (which now verges on petty crimes).
Light in a panic retrieves the Death Note from his locker, but is caught by Mia at the dance.
She requests a dance. L and cops have now blocked the entrance.
Between them Mia confesses her feelings were a lie, but she did start to like Light
He hands over the Death Note against his will and she puts it into her clutch.
A light from above falls and splats him.
Ryuk dangling from one of the other lights laughing
Balloons drop

Mia is the desu noto and her trail is clear until the next sap.
>>
>>87024841
Non-anime boards now outnumber the weeb culture. Sorry, weeb.
>>
>>87008380
>Yes, Death Note in the movie was much more powerful.

Yeah it fucking was. You're supposed to be able to control the actions of an individual for a short time, but in Death Flix Light could just make anything do anything by writing out a paragraph. It seems bullshit that he could force the page to fall into a fire, for example.
>>
>>87024802

Omg, its shitstorm, worth looking up for lulz

This actually has potential boys

Dude is melting down
>>
>>87024356
I meant to type "dox"
>>
Try to save the human race.
>>
>>87000780
In the Anime Light killed so many people he became a Death God himself. He didn't retain all of his memories so he asked Ryuk about Light
>>
>>87026730
the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>87026829

The last episode, after Light's death, Light is reborn as a death god and meets Ryuk in the death god world. Ryuk begins to tell him a story and it goes to credits. It's literally how the series ends.
>>
>>86997600
Vlad Putin, Donald Trump, Kim Jong Un, Erdogan, al-Baghdadi

Then sit back and watch the shitshow
>>
>>87005647
>Ryuk later says people have only gotten as far as writing the first 2 letters

Kino, pure kino
>>
>>87026903
I had to look up to see what you were on about
That's a tv special. It never happened in the original series
>>
Taylor Swift.
>>
>>87010080
Light would kill his father in that scenario. He almost killed his sister
>>
>>87014095
What about all the criminals that cover their tracks really well? They'd have nothing to fear then.
>>
>>86997675
>>87010761
How about this. Donald dies at 82 after a highly successful presidency that brought prosperity to the US.
>>
>>86997600
On page 62 of the rules it states that despite the fact that Shinigami have sexes they are not allowed to have sex with humans or each other.

So who gives a shit. Write my own goddamn name down.
>>
>>87011144
Light misspells a name multiple times in the show
>>
>>87012957
Light doesn't come up with Kira the public did
>>
>>87014892
You left out antifa and other radical leftists.
>>
>>86997600
Being entirely honest, just use it to hang out with a Shinigami all day. I don't want to kill anyone and I don't trust anyone else with it. So fuck it.
>>
>>87026829
The OVA's have Ryuk telling the story of Light to a Death God that's wearing the same jacket light died in. He also knows Ryuk likes apples and once Ryuk finishes telling the story he realizes that the Death God he's talking to is Light reborn
>>
>>87027302
Not intentionally though. Thats the key.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.