[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Death Note 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 17

File: Death Note 2017 720p.jpg (63KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
Death Note 2017 720p.jpg
63KB, 1280x536px
I liked it

>that entire ending redeemed the film for me
>>
File: 1446296363693.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1446296363693.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>86979571
>I just me you
>Hey look I have a Death Note

Then end is what the whole movie should have been. The point of the show was how clever it was.

Anime- Light gets the names of the agent with a bus jacking then using the notebook to kill the rest.

Also experimented on the limitations of the notebook

Shit Burger Movie- Mi(s)a does it off screen

ALL the rules are in the book
>>
File: BREAKING NEWS.jpg (140KB, 1280x536px) Image search: [Google]
BREAKING NEWS.jpg
140KB, 1280x536px
>>86979702
at least they kept some scenes like the T.V spot
>>
Was anyone else bother by the random choosing of music

https://my.mixtape.moe/vgfznw.mp4
>>
>>86980531
I thought it was a joke. Whoever wrote this should neck themselves
>>
The ending and the transition to the credits made up for some of it's flaws. Willem Dafoe was fucking perfect though.
>>
You humans are so... interesting
>>
>>86980531
I just started it and I'm already not feeling the music.

And I'm raging that miss is eying light even though he isn't even Kira yet.
>>
Lol, a random stopped happens when the note appears and miss stands up for light to big strong jocks. What a fucking cuck.
>>
Looking for a download, going to a friend's cottage without wi-fi so I can't chromecast it from the offline version downloaded from the netflix phone app.

Haven't had any luck, can someone point me in the right direction?
>>
>>86979571
So was Ryuk laughing because L wrote Light Turner's name in the page torn from the DN?
>>
>be in Seattle
>shitty loud clackety trains even though they have the nice smooth quiet light rail

Autism

Fucking

Triggered
>>
So how did Light manage to control / kill Watari just by writing his name as 'Watari'? Isn't Watari just an alias, and even if it isn't doesn't he need a full name written down for it to work?
>>
>>86979571
movie was fucking retarded and missed the point of basically every scene they aped from the original
should never have tried to adapt it, they should just have used the concept of the death note itself and made their own oc donut steel plot
>>
real L would never use the fucking notebook

the nigger actor wasn't even that bad to be honest, he got a lot of the L quirks right for the first half, but then he goes full chimpout and never stops
>>
>>86979571

Was an awfully complex way to get Mia to burn his page, when he surely could've just written:

"Mia burns the page with my name on it before killing herself" or something along those lines.
>>
Willem Dafoe was the only good part
>>
They made scenes like L calling Kira out on TV anti-climatic as fuck.

One good thing I can say so far is they do make some cool death scenes.

Also, light not even killing the FBI agents? Wtf, that was such an awesome scene originally.
>>
>>86980128
but killiing the fake L is such a vital part in the story. he catches kira in the act and narrows it down to one part of the country. also it gives clues that he needs the name and the face. the TV scene has so much purpose in the anime.

it makes you respect L and immediately puts Light in check and starts making him really thing hard about every move he makes and how sloppy he's been

in this movie the TV scene is just some epic detectives n shit and he just assumes its light because his father wasn't killed for no reason. L just knows everything and they don't show any of his work. you can't enjoy this L because he's just fucking annoying. you have to see the plans unfolding, that's what death note is all about
>>
>>86982698
If they were going to go full Mickey Mouse Amerishit anyway then they should have made the Death "Note" a smartphone or something
>>
>>86983313
The whole thing was just laughably bad
Light in the original was a meticulous sociopath, Netflix """Light"""" was an easily misled, emotional cuck

Just look at the Light-Misa dynamic vs. Light-Mia.
>>
>>86981933
My assumption was probably he wrote his fathers name. Light killed Watari, his father figure, so L will kill his father so he can feel the same pain.
>>
>>86980531
I fucking love the contrast
>>
>>86982618
Even if it isn't an alias you need a full name, otherwise he could just use "L". They fucked up.
>>
>>86983426
Typical nigger thug killing innocent people

The real L fostered a close relationship with Soujiro and had a healthy respect for him. L would have never used the Death Note. N did despite asserting that he would never kill. Fuck Shitflix and fuck America for needing comic book aimed at pubescent Japanese boys dumbed down this badly.
>>
>>86983414
>what would u do if someone fucked me?
>>
>>86983313
They shouldn't have condensed it into a movie, they should have done a miniseries. They took out too many big parts and wrapped it up into a tldr package. L makes just insane leaps of judgement based on seemingly nothing, where as in the show he usually has some basis for his theories.

Also, how could they not have matsuda? He was top notch comic relief.
>>
>>86983313
N appears on TV. doesnt die.
Cuckira's dad does the the same thing. Doesn't die.
How did N even reach that conclusion then.

Plus what happened to the rule where the person who's about to die can't be the cause of someone else's death.the FBI agent literally kills everyone in his team via death note.
Even if we think the movie drops this rule,then it would be even better for cuckira ....just order watari to kill N and then shoot himself
>>
>>86983426
That's fucked up man. What about his desire for true justice?

>>86983503
Also yeah. Apart from that L did use it, on himself.
>>
>>86983352
no it should have been a story about what was happening in america during the kira meme if it was set in 2017

they should have made timmy (light) turner the official kira request page owner and not the actual Light.

Kira and Light and Misa all should have been alive and in japan.

and eventually the website gets so much attention light decides to contacts him

light sends him a page from the death note

he carries out some requests and think's he's god

eventually he meets Light face to face, Light carries out some plan, now Light has all america's criminal records at his fingertips and turner is dead
>>
>>86983652
The most offensively shit part of the movie was when the police that N himself called ended up killing Watari

Light had no agency over those officers, did not write their names in the note to control them, it was a complete asspull with no explanation offered
>>
>>86983652
doesn't it happen the same way in the anime?

Ray penber sends some papers or w/e to someone, then the director guy writes names on some paper
>>
>Not putting a cause of death creates "dealers choice"

Is it too hard to portray a heart attack on film or did they just need edgy violent deaths to appeal to American audiences?
>>
>>86983816
Ray write his bosses name, then received an email from his boss with pictures and names, then Ray wrote the names in a page.
>>
weebs on so much damage control that it is almost unbelievable
>>
>>86983816
>>86983942
It was kino as fuck when Light revealed himself to Ray as he collapsed on the subway platform and shot him that malicious smile while the train doors closed

That scene alone was more kino than 100 Amerishit adaptations of Death Note
>>
I see this like I saw the dark tower movie.

If you know the source material you'll hate it for what they took out it changed.

But if you don't know the source material you might like it, but be disappointed when you see the original.
>>
>>86983993
Take a look at the reviews, not even the blatant pandering and diversity casting could save this dumpster fire

Can't believe Netflix squandered the license on this tripe
>>
I knew nothing about Death Note before I saw it but I thought that Light's character was an edge lord pussy, his gf was a fucking psychopath, black dude was fucking bizarre and autistic (secret program to make detectives? Why not fucking assassins or super soldiers? Fucking detectives, really?) but Willem Defoe did a great job as the big creepy guy.

Only redeeming part was Defoe.
>>
>>86984070
>diversity casting
He actually wasn't that bad as L. It was just the writing behind him that was bad.
>>
>>86984364
>Physical attributes of a character don't matter, but their performance does
When will this meme fuck off?
>>
>>86982797
Not to mention, he had multiple opportunities to burn the page himself.
>>
The ending is only good if ryuk is laughing because even after all the suffering L has been through he refuses to write down Lights name.
>>
>>86984364
You're wrong

It was like someone desperately pantomiming L's superficial tendencies without comprehending the salience behind what made him a worthy adversary for the sociopathic wunderkind that is Light

It's shallow McDonalds-tier Amerishit
>>
>>86982797
>>86984590
but then he wouldn't have his alibi of being in a coma making it plainly obvious to at least not hyper autists hes definitely 100% not kira(bromise)
>>
>>86984719
>It was like someone desperately pantomiming L's superficial tendencies without comprehending the salience behind what made him a worthy adversary for the sociopathic wunderkind that is Light
got any more 5 dollar words you want to jam in there to sound smart, you pretentious fuck?
>>
how does it end?
>>
>>86984567
He was about the only person that seemed like he knew who his character was. He generally acted like and had the mannerisms of L. Honestly he was the only good character in the movie ( excluding ryuk who pretty much just laughed and said a sentence once in a while)
>>
>>86984754
Poorly
>>
File: 1497388875332.jpg (10KB, 167x139px) Image search: [Google]
1497388875332.jpg
10KB, 167x139px
>>86984753
Thanks for demonstrating the feeble-minded nature of the typical Death Note(2017) fan
>>
>>86984719
as much as i was uncomfortable with a black dude being casted as L i'd say that those problems with his character were more due to the script than his performance
>>
>>86984754
Light admits to his dad he's Kira, and L writes lights name. Light dies as ryuk laughs and says "humans are so interesting"
>>
>>86984856
The actor doesn't write the script you fucking retard.
>>
>>86984754
Mia threatens to kill Light if he doesn't give her the book
Light brings the book to her at the Ferris wheel
She takes it from him despite his plees that she doesn't
They fall from the ferris wheel as its ripped apart by ryuk
Light hits the water and mia hits the ground
Light wakes up in the hospital after someone delivers the book to him from where it fell in the water
Theres a scene of L being told theres no way it can be light, the killings happened while he was in a coma
Lights dad shows up and asks about the whole kira thing
Light reveals the whole plan
Mia would take the notebook and tear out the page with lights name in it which would fall into the fire as she falls to her death
A pedo doctor would save light and keep him in a coma before killing himsefl
Another pedo would take the notebook and write down criminals names from the nightly news before returning the book and killing himself
Cut to L remembering a line light told him about a calculus book
L rushes back to lights house and finds the calculus book with a page from the deathnote in it
He stares at a photo of light and mia together with a pen in his hands over the page
Cut back to the hospital with ryuk by lights life support laughing saying "Humans are so interesting"
Cut to credits
After credit ""scene"" of ryuks laugh
>>
>>86984919
>>86984950
That's obviously part of the problem but he couldn't even deliver the lines in a believable way until it got to the chimpout part at the end

Bottom line is he couldn't portray the character in a convincing manner
>>
>>86984950
well maybe you should suck his dick some more
>>
>>86984952
>After credit ""scene"" of ryuks laugh
That you probably won't see because Netflix will be trying to get you to watch something else because it never shows credits.
>>
>>86979571
I just wanted to say that Death Note (Netflix) is one of those rare pieces of great cinema to be released in the last 76 years (since Citizen Kane). The cinematography was absolute quality that really helped drive the tone of the film. The OST (composed by the legendary Atticus Ross) evokes emotion from each scene and really only furthered a strong and compelling narrative way that you just don't see much these days.

The set pieces were crafted with nothing but love, care, and incredible attention to detail. You can really tell that Zoe Jirik deeply cared about the world that she was helping to create.

The writing on this film is beyond words. Each scene was pivotal to the overall story and not a single line of dialogue was wasted. Truly a monumental amount of effort went into this script. It's especially brilliant when you compare it to the low effort superhero flicks (BvS, WW, SS etc) that flood the market like too much water in a dam.

Many adaptations these days get it wrong, and fall short of their source. Let's just settle this once and for all, Death Note did not. The character of Light in the original series is a little too unrealistically brilliant. What Wingard gives us is a realistic anti-hero bursting with depth. Not to mention the improvements on L's idionsyncracies (that aren't clear for the casual viewer of the original), which make his explosive emotional behaviour so much more engaging. What's more (than Dafoe's superior Ryuk?) is a palpable love story expertly handled amidst a film already thick with content.

All in all, Adam Wingard should be praised as one of the greatest film makers of our time. The Guest, V/H/S 2, and now this. Rarely does a generation get to witness such brilliance. C'est la vie, Nolan.
>>
>>86985069
Agreed 100%
>>
>>86979571
kys
>>
>>86985018
Can you stop thinking about sucking black guy's dicks for one second?
>>
File: serveimage (1).gif (495KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage (1).gif
495KB, 500x375px
>>86985195
Thats the only reason they put niggers in movies aside from pissing off the white man and the chinese
>>
>>86979571
ending was shit, the start was good the rest was pure comedy
>>
>IM a fucking highschool nerd who got bullied, let me show you my autistic angry face (shows this face at least 4 times throughout movie
>mmmm how can i NOT fuck this guy now that he has a magical book?!
>wow i just saw a head explode but im alright after a good nights rest
>WOW this guy is fucking kooky he got into my office and hes not wearing shoes does he ALWAYS do this?!
>im gonna go on tv IN PERSON because having a double would confuse western audiences!!!
>these fbi agents are following us dont panic act like we are high school kids ACTUALLY lets just kill them all
>HEY YOU ARE THAT L GUY ON TV NICE TO MEET YOU IM KIRA
>I FIGHT FOR JUSTICE BUT I DECIDED TO WRITE YOUR NAME DOWN ANYWAY
>ALSO IM A MASTER DETECTIVE I REMEMBERED YOU MENTIONED YOU HAD A CALCULUS BOOK BUT YOU DIDN'T TAKE CALCULUS BUT SOMEHOW I MANAGE TO IGNORE YOUR GIRLFRIEND AS A POSSIBLE PARTNER IN CRIME
>>
File: 32897029-352-k989121.jpg (25KB, 352x550px) Image search: [Google]
32897029-352-k989121.jpg
25KB, 352x550px
I understand its an adaption, but some of the changes are just infuriating.

One of the first things that pissed me off is how they change the interaction between Light and his father.

Light himself doesnt have the swagger or charm of the orginial.

I actually like the potrayl of L in this new film, but you can't fix shit writing.

Theres literally no reason to care about anyone in this film, It just feels shallow.
>>
>>86985768
you are better of looking at it as its own thing.
>It just feels shallow.
that is because it is, its like 100s other movies like jumper or butterfly effect or limitless mixed with number 4, except the gimmick is killing with a book
>>
>>86983158
>light not even killing the FBI agents
Movie Light unironically smarter than anime Light.
>>
>>86979571

>Be Western
>See an Eastern franchise.
>Notice its about intrigue and intellect.
>Decide to make a movie adaptation.
>Make it a teen drama about sex, violence, and swearing.

At least they got rid of all that dialogue and replaced it with guns and chase scenes!

Seriously if you like this movie on any level you're an idiot.
>>
>>86988745
At least Netflix Light is a better person than the original.
>no god complex
>doesn't kill innocents
>tries to save Watari, regrets failing
>>
File: 1503657310398.png (272KB, 830x588px) Image search: [Google]
1503657310398.png
272KB, 830x588px
>>86979571
amerilard_death_note.jpg
>>
File: 1366829779644.gif (3MB, 225x127px) Image search: [Google]
1366829779644.gif
3MB, 225x127px
>>86985768
Let's swim for gold!
>>
He-he's fast!
>>
File: 9k=.jpg (5KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
9k=.jpg
5KB, 210x240px
>>86988987
they actually win if you do that
>>
>>86989154
S-sonic???
>>
File: 1503690169890.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503690169890.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
there a kiss scene in 27:52 who we see the horny puffy pokie of margaret, can someone make a webm of that scene?
>>
>>86989154
>virgin run
>>
>>86989154
Scooby doo run
>>
File: whenyouhearthepolicesirens.gif (1MB, 316x320px) Image search: [Google]
whenyouhearthepolicesirens.gif
1MB, 316x320px
>>86989185
LAWLIET'S THE NAME, CATCHING KIRA'S MY GAME
>>
>>86979571
fag
>>
>>86985768
There's only so much you can actually do with a film. I think a lot of people are comparing this to hundreds of pages of manga, or the 30+ episode series, and that's completely unfair.

Compare it to the Japanese movies. They were fucking dogshit, this one actually presents a reasonable story with pacing that isn't completely laughable.

Light is a pussy in this because it makes the ending way more punchy. You spend the whole movie thinking he's just a cuck getting led around by Mia, and then he turns it all around in the last minute.
>>
Was he supposed to be becoming ryuk-like in that running scene?
>>
>>86989343
The movies are better than the anime.
>>
>>86989321
And my name is Anon. Nice to meet you.
>>
File: lightpicollo.jpg (869KB, 540x4011px) Image search: [Google]
lightpicollo.jpg
869KB, 540x4011px
>>86989343
>They were fucking dogshit
Why?
>>
>>86984567
Since when did L's skin color matter to the plot?
>>
>>86984952
>ripped apart by ryuk

Not what happened
>>
>>86980128
You idiot, they completely bungled that scene, it's a perfect example of just how much they missed the mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIAey8Vg4w

>Light killing "L" just for calling him evil shows how far he's falling
>L proceeds to BTFO him, narrow down his location by a tremendous margin, and gather enough information to figure out the limits of Kira's powers
>wonderful direction and music
Meanwhile, Netflix L risks himself. Kira doesn't kill him because Light Turner's a good little dindu, so L decides this must mean Kira needs a name and face to kill someone, despite the fact that this Kira hasn't killed anyone but criminals and therefore might have just not wanted to kill him. The movie is fucked.
>>
>>86989687
You can literally see him making grand gestures as he causes it to fall you cum sucking ass faggot I call that ripping apart
>>
>Light pronounces Ryuk's name as Rayook at first
>Oh god they even fucked that up
>''Oh and by the way, it's pronounced Ree-yook''
Eh. Well done, movie.
>>
>>86982618
it was his real name, he was japanese in the film
>>
>>86989765
>Watari doesn't have a last name
Fucking ebin.
>>
>>86989687
In the netflix version Ryuk causes all the deaths via magic after the names are written down.
>>
File: laughingcryingfrog.jpg (45KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
laughingcryingfrog.jpg
45KB, 400x388px
Post the webm of him screaming in the classroom
>>
>>86989696
Ultimately, kira is a criminal. No matter how he might justify his actions, he's still a murderer. It would be incredibly trivial for the kind of person who has already killed hundreds to justify killing one "innocent" due to the potential danger they pose.

Netflix Light was fucking sloppy. L had already narrowed down both his location and connection to the police force, and he hadn't killed anyone without a known name and face. His deduction might not have been right, but he didn't do anything with that deduction anyway, it's not like he started hiding the faces of the FBI.
>>
> ameriburgers are so dumb they had to make a japanese anime aimed at teens even dumber than it already was
>>
>>86984066
its like saying if you have never seen a comedy in your life Jack and Jill might be good
>>
>>86989211
You're disgusting
>>
I haven't seen the anime but is Light as detestable as he is here? How the fuck am I supposed to care about this asshole when he's played by this hideous charisma black hole? I was rooting for the nigger as soon as he showed up
>>
File: p13vs940wyhz.jpg (253KB, 2048x833px) Image search: [Google]
p13vs940wyhz.jpg
253KB, 2048x833px
>>86991129
>>
>>86991129
I haven't seen this yet but in the anime he's pretty charming and psychotic which kinda made me root for him.
>>
>>86991129
He's a self absorbed psychopath in the manga/anime.

If you want a basic idea, he is what Mia is in the movie, except a much bigger asshole who almost immediately throws any pretenses of his murder sprees being to improve the world in the trash in favor of a dick measuring contest against L.
>>
File: 1503676582514.png (686KB, 690x930px) Image search: [Google]
1503676582514.png
686KB, 690x930px
could someone make some webms from the movie death note 2017!
27:52 kiss and bra scene
50:04 upskirt of margaret qualley
59:04 cleavage in slow motion.
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.